Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Lacy should never start. Carson should.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Lacy should never start. Carson should.
Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:00 pm
  • Lacy: 5 carries 3 yards, zero acceleration, incapable of cutting and looks slow and plodding. Very similar and as ineffective as Collins. And I could care less about his 5.1 avg in a few games last year. $5 million guaranteed-sickening.

Start Carson Pete. 6 carries 39 yards, a nice catch and clear acceleration abilities. We are nothing without our running game and Carson gives us the best chance at success. Rawls cannot be counted on long term. At minimum Carson should share the load with Rawls until it's obvious Carson should be the primary back.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Agree, but we should still keep Lacy on the team, just in case that comes up. I don't think he should play at all a la Collins, but we'll likely need a body later.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• Rawls will not last a game. I think Mike Davis should get a call
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Honestly I don't think he should have made this team with all of the RB talent this team has. He didnt do much in pre-season games that I saw
    BChawkfan
    NET Starter

• Lacy is way too fat and slow to succeed on this team. He's nothing if he can't get up speed, and he will never have the blocking here to allow him to get up to speed. Useless signing
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Missing_Clink wrote:Lacy is way too fat and slow to succeed on this team. He's nothing if he can't get up speed, and he will never have the blocking here to allow him to get up to speed. Useless signing

Yeah. He's a downhill truck. But it's useless if he can't get past first gear with this oline.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• He's impossible to judge on today's sample.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• West TX Hawk wrote:Lacy: 5 carries 3 yards, zero acceleration, incapable of cutting and looks slow and plodding.

That's what I'm thinking.....
    Vesuve
    NET Rookie

• Carson looked like the veteran today, while Lacy just didn't have any pop to his game.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• vin.couve12 wrote:Agree, but we should still keep Lacy on the team, just in case that comes up. I don't think he should play at all a la Collins, but we'll likely need a body later.

+1
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• That was certainly disappointing, but I wonder why we didn't do anything when he came in. GB was obvously keying on him. Perhaps some play action when he came in would have helped.

:229031_shrug:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Siouxhawk wrote:Carson looked like the veteran today, while Lacy just didn't have any pop to his game.

How can you say this Pete and John wanted him and that would be condemning their player evaluation which would be saying they made a mistake, since you say you have full faith in them and admit they have made a mistake then why isn't Bevel one as well ?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:Carson looked like the veteran today, while Lacy just didn't have any pop to his game.

How can you say this Pete and John wanted him and that would be condemning their player evaluation which would be saying they made a mistake, since you say you have full faith in them and admit they have made a mistake then why isn't Bevel one as well ?

I didn't say Lacy will be rendered useless the entire year. It's just one game. He'll get it going and contribute. But from a positive standpoint, I liked what Carson showed today in a real game.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• I would trade Lacy to anybody for OL help, then re sign Davis. Carson, Rawls, Prosise, and Davis. Put Madden on the PS and re-sign Reece.
    yummy down on this throbbing pole of hot man chicken.
    legend38
    NET Veteran

• I agree with 1.
    Disagree with 2.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran

• Prosise looked decent on a few carries too, but nobody got enough to establish any kind of rhythm. As far as the running backs went, this felt like another preseason game with one guy getting a series here and there. Judging by how few teams actually employ that kind of running game, I have to think it's not something that translates well to real game action.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Lacy was repeatedly running into a wall and getting pushed back. Procisse and Carson were at least finding creases and falling forward. Lacy (and Graham while we're at it) looked like "quit at contact".
    Own The West
    NET Rookie

• Missing_Clink wrote:Lacy is way too fat and slow to succeed on this team. He's nothing if he can't get up speed, and he will never have the blocking here to allow him to get up to speed. Useless signing

Haven't you heard? Lacy is in great shape, and his weight has little effect on his game. He is our next Beast Mode too BTW. :2thumbs:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• We need to stop giving decent contracts to guys that suck elsewhere.

The idea that someone magically would get better by changing the color of their shirt and pants is stupid. Lacy is what Lacy was before we got him. A barely above average RB that sometimes can run for power.

We keep signing guys in the hope they won't be what they were before and it is terminally stupid.

AT LEAST make them earn the damn contract before you sign it.

We chew up salary cap room repeatedly on guys that should never be expected to produce much, but yet we insist it will be different for us.

At least guys like Lynch and Bennett were productive and Richardson was good, he was just bad off the field (so what?).

But guys like Joke and Lacy are just throwing money into the toilet.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• Mistashoesta wrote:
    Missing_Clink wrote:Lacy is way too fat and slow to succeed on this team. He's nothing if he can't get up speed, and he will never have the blocking here to allow him to get up to speed. Useless signing

Yeah. He's a downhill truck. But it's useless if he can't get past first gear with this oline.

Carson has been a really pleasant surprise, especially today where he managed to make plays out of nothing by getting creative. Lacy should have value as a power back, but we need to get these oline problems sorted out or he'll just be running into a wall. Even Lynch in his prime needed some help to open holes.

Overall I really like the fact that we have different backs that all bring something different and can be used in different situations. But it wouldn't be shocking to see Carson at the top of the depth chart soon enough.
    SeahawksCanuck
    NET Practice Squad

• Beastmode 18 carries for 76 yards today. Thought id mention that.
    400WattHPSHawk
    NET Veteran

• 400WattHPSHawk wrote:Beastmode 18 carries for 76 yards today. Thought id mention that.

Good thing he is now running behind the Raiders O-Line and not ours. He had some tough runs, and the screen pass was a thing of executional beauty.
    NET Veteran

• 400WattHPSHawk wrote:Beastmode 18 carries for 76 yards today. Thought id mention that.

Behind one of the better offensive lines in the league.

I watched some of that game and he looked good, but wouldn't have done it in Seattle today.
    SeahawksCanuck
    NET Practice Squad

• Everything the offense does is predictable. Any common man could read what were doing, and that there lies the problem.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

• As much as I have stuck up for Lacy, he flat out DID look fat and slow. Carson looks like a much better option.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Carson has outplayed Lacy in every game I've seen, preseason included. Until Rawls gets healthy I don't see us cutting ties with Lacy, but if we are at full strength in the running game I could see us parting ways with Lacy. He wasn't very good in GB, and he looks the same.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Looks like the carson hype was real.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• No doubt. I love me some Rawls, but you can't contribute from the sidelines. Carson is hungry and looks to be the best back on the team right now. And he's actually available.......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I really don't think rawls is the number one guy here. Imo they have to go with Carson with rawls and procise secondary until they get hurt. Lacy can sit on the sideline and get fatter or move him to the o line. Mike Davis should get a call...
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Carson had one big run and then 5 carries for 9 yards. He hasn't reached the Hall of Fame yet.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Carson had one big run and then 5 carries for 9 yards. He hasn't reached the Hall of Fame yet.

That's one big run, five carries and 9 yards more than Lacy had.

So why again is he the starter? Cause he was good two years ago running behind a very good offensive line and HOF QB in GB?

Not his fault here, but there's no way he'll ever be successful with his running style behind this O-line. Rawls, Prosise, Carson.........gimme anybody but Lacy running sideways for -3 yards.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Carson has outplayed Lacy in every game I've seen, preseason included. Until Rawls gets healthy I don't see us cutting ties with Lacy, but if we are at full strength in the running game I could see us parting ways with Lacy. He wasn't very good in GB, and he looks the same.

Rawls will give us 6 games before he gets hurt again. I'd just keep Lacy but make him inactive during that time. Prosise is fragile as well. Can't take the risk of going solely with Carson
    FIRE PETE CARROLL!!!!
    Jim Harbaugh to Seattle 2018!
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

• To those who said some things about Lynch and their OL.....Lynch looked like Lynch is supposed to look. He beasted multiple times. Their blocking was obviously better, but he consistently creates even with people dead in his face at or behind the LOS. The closest thingwe have to that is Carson and therefore we need more Carson.

vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• Naz looked like he has as much burst as Lacy does, what great athletic play for a Dlineman!

"Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

• He was hit as soon as he touched the ball. How the he'll does one do behind this sub high school level oline?? Not on lacy!
    northseahawk
    NET Veteran

• Rat wrote:He's impossible to judge on today's sample.

So we aren't seeing his lack of quickness out of the back field as a sign?
    Carson made a few speedy cuts & runs........ decent showing in his Rookie debut, playing against the same Packers Defense.
    The difference is, Lacey needs an O-Line push so's to get up to speed and establish momentum.....Rawls, Davis, Madden, and Carson was able to slash through holes, even when it didn't look like there was hole to breech.
    Hopefully, Lacey will get on track from here on out, but we can't disregard what some of the other Backs produced in this game.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• northseahawk wrote:He was hit as soon as he touched the ball. How the he'll does one do behind this sub high school level oline?? Not on lacy!

I said this above.

I don't blame Lacy, he could probably have success behind a good line. But that ain't here my friend. Carson and Rawls are better backs behind this terrible of a line.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• This isn't a Raiders Forum :lol:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    northseahawk wrote:He was hit as soon as he touched the ball. How the he'll does one do behind this sub high school level oline?? Not on lacy!

I said this above.

I don't blame Lacy, he could probably have success behind a good line. But that ain't here my friend. Carson and Rawls are better backs behind this terrible of a line.

I don't blame Lacy either, he is what he is and so is our OL. But the fact is, a guy like McKissic is more likely to make something out nothing than Lacy.
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

• No ish ot isn't a raytards forumn. Specifically for the purposes of comparison about backs that can deal with immediate defenders in their face and those that can't, regardless of OL.

Also because I don't like lies for the sake of feelings.

Back on topic, Lacy can't create at all so he shouldn't play. At all. Not with this OL. Carson should still start because we all saw how turrible Rawls looked when rusty coming back from injury. Give him 5 carries next week and maybe more the next.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• NFSeahawks628 wrote:Everything the offense does is predictable. Any common man could read what were doing, and that there lies the problem.

Honestly?; The only thing that could have been considered "Predictable", is how bad the O-Line would execute at every phase of the game.
    The Packers were licking their chops when Pete put Lacey in there....It's not like they don't know his every weakness, and how his ass would be stymied by a piss poor Run Push from our inept O-Line.
    By putting Lacey in there, the Seahawks played right to the Packers strengths.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Carson looks so much better, it's not even close. He plants a foot and cuts hard, seems to see the cutback lanes when they're there, always falling forward for that extra yard or 2. I definitely want him starting and getting more carries.

That being said, he's a rookie who played in a pass first offense in college. He hasn't come close to carrying the workload of a bell cow back for a 16 game season. I'd still like to see Lacy get plenty of work in easier games (49ers, Colts etc) to keep the rookie fresh and ready for a full workload come playoffs.
    T-Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• Give Lacy back the keys to the Chinese buffet and let him play guard.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• Carson did start.

The team should have handed him the ball the first three plays and punted if necessary. They needed to get the OL in the right mind set. Poor game plan.

Lacy can't play behind this OL as they played Sunday. There needs to be changes/improvement.

The offense scored one less point than last year.

The defense gave up A LOT fewer points than last year considering RW gave the Pack the ball on the 6.

The refs really screwed the Hawks but those issues weren't the deciding factors. Cliff Avril didn't need to be near Rodgers on the return and he screwed Naz's first NFL TD. If Lane had not retaliated he would have stayed in the game. No he didn't throw a punch but the receivers were in his head and he acted like Tharold Simon instead of Sherman. A player doesn't need to throw a punch to be accused of doing it. He should not have been wrestling Adams and shoving his forearm into his throat, that's what got him ejected. The good thing is that Shaq and Coleman looked really good and got some excellent exposure they may not get the rest of the season, there aren't many Aaron Rodger types on the schedule.
    The refs missed the facemask by Adams and should have had offsetting penalties there.

If you go back and look at the tape Rees wasn't destroyed on that early play he tripped over Luke's big foot.

There are some things the OL needs to clean up and the OL is fixable. Part of their issues were the game plan and play calling and that is something I don't know if the Hawks are going to change.

The good news is the team really doesn't play in a harder game than yesterday for the next 16 weeks and the team is a lot healthier than they were at this time last season.

Go, Hawks!
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Carson had one big run and then 5 carries for 9 yards. He hasn't reached the Hall of Fame yet.

Which is +300% better than 5 carries for 3 yards Lacy put out.

Also Carson blocks well and looks more explosive catching the ball.

After witnessing that putrid offense, people are looking for any glimmer of hope. I don't blame them myself.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:10 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information