Lacy should never start. Carson should.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Lacy: 5 carries 3 yards, zero acceleration, incapable of cutting and looks slow and plodding. Very similar and as ineffective as Collins. And I could care less about his 5.1 avg in a few games last year. $5 million guaranteed-sickening.

Start Carson Pete. 6 carries 39 yards, a nice catch and clear acceleration abilities. We are nothing without our running game and Carson gives us the best chance at success. Rawls cannot be counted on long term. At minimum Carson should share the load with Rawls until it's obvious Carson should be the primary back.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Agree, but we should still keep Lacy on the team, just in case that comes up. I don't think he should play at all a la Collins, but we'll likely need a body later.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
Honestly I don't think he should have made this team with all of the RB talent this team has. He didnt do much in pre-season games that I saw

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Lacy is way too fat and slow to succeed on this team. He's nothing if he can't get up speed, and he will never have the blocking here to allow him to get up to speed. Useless signing

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2gj585sg said:
Lacy is way too fat and slow to succeed on this team. He's nothing if he can't get up speed, and he will never have the blocking here to allow him to get up to speed. Useless signing

Yeah. He's a downhill truck. But it's useless if he can't get past first gear with this oline.

Vesuve

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":24m2hnys said:
Lacy: 5 carries 3 yards, zero acceleration, incapable of cutting and looks slow and plodding.

That's what I'm thinking.....

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Carson looked like the veteran today, while Lacy just didn't have any pop to his game.

ivotuk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":cuf7dpkm said:
Agree, but we should still keep Lacy on the team, just in case that comes up. I don't think he should play at all a la Collins, but we'll likely need a body later.

+1

sutz

Reaction score
That was certainly disappointing, but I wonder why we didn't do anything when he came in. GB was obvously keying on him. Perhaps some play action when he came in would have helped.

:229031_shrug:

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":6atnegwz said:
Carson looked like the veteran today, while Lacy just didn't have any pop to his game.

How can you say this Pete and John wanted him and that would be condemning their player evaluation which would be saying they made a mistake, since you say you have full faith in them and admit they have made a mistake then why isn't Bevel one as well ?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2w9qsqpg said:
Siouxhawk":2w9qsqpg said:

How can you say this Pete and John wanted him and that would be condemning their player evaluation which would be saying they made a mistake, since you say you have full faith in them and admit they have made a mistake then why isn't Bevel one as well ?
I didn't say Lacy will be rendered useless the entire year. It's just one game. He'll get it going and contribute. But from a positive standpoint, I liked what Carson showed today in a real game.

legend38

Reaction score
I would trade Lacy to anybody for OL help, then re sign Davis. Carson, Rawls, Prosise, and Davis. Put Madden on the PS and re-sign Reece.

Rat

Reaction score
Prosise looked decent on a few carries too, but nobody got enough to establish any kind of rhythm. As far as the running backs went, this felt like another preseason game with one guy getting a series here and there. Judging by how few teams actually employ that kind of running game, I have to think it's not something that translates well to real game action.

Own The West

Reaction score
Lacy was repeatedly running into a wall and getting pushed back. Procisse and Carson were at least finding creases and falling forward. Lacy (and Graham while we're at it) looked like "quit at contact".

Seymour

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1f1jgi6z said:

Haven't you heard? Lacy is in great shape, and his weight has little effect on his game. He is our next Beast Mode too BTW. :2thumbs:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We need to stop giving decent contracts to guys that suck elsewhere.

The idea that someone magically would get better by changing the color of their shirt and pants is stupid. Lacy is what Lacy was before we got him. A barely above average RB that sometimes can run for power.

We keep signing guys in the hope they won't be what they were before and it is terminally stupid.

AT LEAST make them earn the damn contract before you sign it.

We chew up salary cap room repeatedly on guys that should never be expected to produce much, but yet we insist it will be different for us.

At least guys like Lynch and Bennett were productive and Richardson was good, he was just bad off the field (so what?).

But guys like Joke and Lacy are just throwing money into the toilet.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":kwbnfzwl said:
Missing_Clink":kwbnfzwl said:

Yeah. He's a downhill truck. But it's useless if he can't get past first gear with this oline.
Carson has been a really pleasant surprise, especially today where he managed to make plays out of nothing by getting creative. Lacy should have value as a power back, but we need to get these oline problems sorted out or he'll just be running into a wall. Even Lynch in his prime needed some help to open holes.

Overall I really like the fact that we have different backs that all bring something different and can be used in different situations. But it wouldn't be shocking to see Carson at the top of the depth chart soon enough.