Shaq Griffin

adeltaY

Reaction score
I thought he did an excellent job considering it was his first game and against the Pack @ Lambeau. Really impressed he got his head turned around a couple times and made some PBUs. Got beat short a few times but Rodgers didn't pick on him as much as some of us feared. Bright future ahead of him!

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
The entire d played very well.

Green Bay scored on a rushed play and a fumble thats it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He played good and bad....

I like the fact he usually gets his head turned around fairly quickly.
Something Lane and Shead rarely do.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I think the kid will be very solid-even this year. His pure speed and instinct are good. There were a couple misplayed instances but like others said, he turns his head around and generally has himself in position to make a play on the ball. He's got a bright future.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He had a tough assignment...covered Jordy Nelson for most of the game. He handled it well. He was definitely one of the bright spots in the game today.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
adeltaY":1o6tocza said:
I thought he did an excellent job considering it was his first game and against the Pack @ Lambeau. Really impressed he got his head turned around a couple times and made some PBUs. Got beat short a few times but Rodgers didn't pick on him as much as some of us feared. Bright future ahead of him!

Not many DBs can stop a timed random 5 yard curl or quick slant from Rodgers when playing man coverage. As long as the tackle is made right after, it is acceptable. He played like a seasoned veteran his first game, great start.

hburn21

Reaction score
I thought he played amazing for a 1st game that going into probably wasn't slated to play as much as he did

hawk45

Reaction score
RCB just has to keep it all short stuff. He did that and then some. Looked great.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Cyrus12":ss39yley said:
Some good some not so good...but considering who he was up against I see some potential.

That guy can flat out play! Started most of the game and got 10 tackles. That guy is going to the Pro Bowl someday. He is better now than Randall, Rollins or House. He would be an instant contributor and starter in Green Bay right now.

Man, do I wish we had drafted that guy.

Foghawk

Reaction score
I would make Griffin the starting RCB, if it was my decision to make. :2thumbs:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Griffin played great considering being thrown to the wolves by a terrible call by the refs. His footwork, speed and timing looked great in coverage.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Missed the first half, but liked what I saw of him in the second. Looked good for a rookie.

Josea16

Reaction score
Foghawk":2uxha9wj said:
I would make Griffin the starting RCB, if it was my decision to make. :2thumbs:
Hopefully it will happen. Green Bay has top shelf wide receivers and Rodgers is the best in the league. Remember this was at Lambeau also.

Rat

Reaction score
Getting suddenly thrust into the starting lineup in week 1 on the road and then being picked on repeatedly by Aaron Rodgers is an insane challenge for a professional debut. Considering all that, he easily gets an "A" for today. He got beat a few times, but it'd be unreasonable to have expected better.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
Hard to ask for much more from a rookie playing a role he wasn't expected to fill. A couple mistakes, but as a whole played smart, made some nice plays, and looked really good.

I really wouldn't be shocked to see Lane return to the nickel and Griffin play opposite Sherm at some point this season.

HawkerD

Reaction score
I think he will grade out very well. First start against great QB and receiver. I couldn't expect any more. Lane or Shead would not have been better. Guy is going to be somebody by mid year.