What happend to the read option?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Kept the defense guessing on every play it was used. Now teams line up, send 5 guys every play and doesn't matter if its a run or a pass and the offense gets blown up, it seems, almost every time.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Defenses have adjusted to the read option. Unfortunately, our OC hasn't figures out how to run a traditional screen. The same play that started gashing our Defense when they were gassed.

OP
OP
seahawkfreak

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":3nvyk3q4 said:
Defenses have adjusted to the read option. Unfortunately, our OC hasn't figures out how to run a traditional screen. The same play that started gashing our Defense when they were gassed.

You might be right about teams figuring it out but I believe we stopped using it just last year and then we were no longer a top tier rushing team. I thought we might have stopped because RW was hurt last year.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'd love to see them bring it back from time to time. If teams get lazy because they think you don't use it anymore, that's the perfect time to strike.

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2ylemqi3 said:
I'd love to see them bring it back from time to time. If teams get lazy because they think you don't use it anymore, that's the perfect time to strike.
I mean ur right shouldnt we try it from time to time enough with the three and outs. Like a previous poster said above how about trying some screen passes do something man this gets frustrating.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3fq74zyr said:
Kept the defense guessing on every play it was used. Now teams line up, send 5 guys every play and doesn't matter if its a run or a pass and the offense gets blown up, it seems, almost every time.
It must have fallen out of our OC's playbook. Too bad he doesn't lose the bubblescreen and 3rd and long draw play pages.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":fzgs0b36 said:
It must have fallen out of our OC's playbook. Too bad he doesn't lose the bubblescreen and 3rd and long draw play pages.

ivotuk

Reaction score
You've got to have the right RB to run it. A rookie and Eddie Lacy aren't them, yet.

When Rawls gets healthy, I expect we'll see it.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":36fkbew6 said:
seahawkfreak":36fkbew6 said:
It must have fallen out of our OC's playbook.Too bad he doesn't lose the bubblescreen and 3rd and long draw play pages.

The bubblescreen and draw plays are on golden laminated, diamond studded pages with multiple backup copies framed at VMAC for precautionary measures.