Aros' Fearless Overreaction Thread

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Let's go. Get it out of our systems. Fire Bevell. OL is the worst in the history of the NFL. Russ has lost his magic. Seahawks will be lucky to win 3 games with this line. The Packers exposed the Seahawks for the pretenders they are.

What ya got? :twisted:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Been around way too long to call it a season because of game 1 away against a team like the packers. I'm not happy with how they played today, but there's a lot of season to go, and with equitable officiating we may have won anyway. I am just going to chalk this up to Seahawks luck and assume we take it out on the Niners next week.

chris98251

Reaction score
Paul donated to the wrong charity this week, should have been the Officials retirement fund.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Im just not surprised anymore.

I suppose I still care we don't score TDs anymore but I stopped being upset about it.

It didn't seem to bother Wilson, apparently laughing on the sidelines while down in the 4th...so I guess I shouldn't care either.

We are going to have to hope to hold teams down for the whole game and outscore them w FGs. Luckily our schedule is cake btu we aren't looking like much of a threat in the playoffs. Probably like last year and the year before, we win the wildcard game and get shelled in the very next game. Seems to be what Seahawk football is now - this hasn't been a legit SB threat for several years now.

kidhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1q5v2zgg said:
Paul donated to the wrong charity this week, should have been the Officials retirement fund.

Thanks, I needed a laugh today

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I had guessed a 13-17 loss. Pretty close, I knew we would suck, but they always manage to surprise me in he opener. O-line horrific, offense execution absolutely atrocious top to bottom.

If o-line does not improve dramatically, we have no shot at a super bowl. gb isn't even a good defense.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Aros":3qle8wg8 said:
Let's go. Get it out of our systems. Fire Bevell. OL is the worst in the history of the NFL. Russ has lost his magic. Seahawks will be lucky to win 3 games with this line. The Packers exposed the Seahawks for the pretenders they are.

I know your OP is joking,

After the first game fans over-react positively if it's a big win or to the negative abyss after a loss.

We don't know much after week 1, game one, especially at Lambeau, and you guys on here know a LOT more than I do.

We need to give it 3 more weeks to see where things are at. The coaches are always adapting (well maybe not 2 of them, but.....)

And there are always those brutal 'Injury Gods' that can strike anytime.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I suck. Errr, I mean the O Line sucks.

I will say 2 thongs I hated, starting out throwing the ball instead of running it, and how did Cable have such a good O Line in Oakland, but continues to shit the bed here?

Who was HIS O Line coach in Oakland?

Can we convince the architect of the Zone Running game to come out of retirement? Was it Alex Gibbs?

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Too early to call a season . But I am concerned we just don't have much of an offense or the ability to score with any consistency. Just got to roll with it and see what happens .

Josea16

Reaction score
Vesuve":1mzp0cxv said:
Aros":1mzp0cxv said:

I know your OP is joking,

After the first game fans over-react positively if it's a big win or to the negative abyss after a loss.

We don't know much after week 1, game one, especially at Lambeau, and you guys on here know a LOT more than I do.

We need to give it 3 more weeks to see where things are at. The coaches are always adapting (well maybe not 2 of them, but.....)

And there are always those brutal 'Injury Gods' that can strike anytime.
This. I also attribute it to 2 ridiculous calls and one noncall on Frank Clark. Good news is Sheldon Richardson is as advertised and the defense is looking like it's 1983 Bears and 2001 Ravens level.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sheesh fellas, this thread is in jest. Supposed to be a way to not take things lightly, not be all serious and crap. LOL

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Not calling it a season, that's just silly, but I don't think criticism of the OL is overreaction at all. It's atrocious and has been for a few years now.

soje

Reaction score
One thought I had after last season was "At least our OL can't play any worse."

Well, I guess I was wrong.

Optimus25

Reaction score
We just held the lambeau packers to 17 points, and that includes a gimme fumble recovery from our poor pass pro within our own ten.

We have a very lethal squad on our hands. The offense just needs to spread everything out and use more motion and quick passing, and use it EARLY.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Aros":2xez32gg said:
Sheesh fellas, this thread is in jest. Supposed to be a way to not take things lightly, not be all serious and crap. LOL
I knew you were just funnin' us all, but ya got to admit that some of the O-Line play today was embarrassing.
The Officiating was waggin' the needle pretty hard on the CrapOmeter.
I suspect we'll get some I'm Sorry's from the League...........Again......For all the good that does.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Optimus25":1q3zwwgi said:
We just held the lambeau packers to 17 points, and that includes a gimme fumble recovery from our poor pass pro within our own ten.

We have a very lethal squad on our hands. The offense just needs to spread everything out and use more motion and quick passing, and use it EARLY.

There's a whole bunch of truth to what you're saying, I just hope that the Coaches will find a way to clean up the crappy mistakes......Russell Wilson's health depends on it.

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":fwo7ktwx said:

I suppose I still care we don't score TDs anymore but I stopped being upset about it.

It didn't seem to bother Wilson, apparently laughing on the sidelines while down in the 4th...so I guess I shouldn't care either.
Was he really? I missed that thats a problem. I noticed when we get the constant three n outs he acts like its not a big deal. He may be trying not get to up or to down but laughing that is not cool not cool at all. Seems like us fans take it worse than the players a lot of the time.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":2ex7qw21 said:
TwistedHusky":2ex7qw21 said:

Was he really? I missed that thats a problem. I noticed when we get the constant three n outs he acts like its not a big deal. He may be trying not get to up or to down but laughing that is not cool not cool at all. Seems like us fans take it worse than the players a lot of the time.

Do you have any clue what was said on the sideline? No, you don't. Perhaps Bevell said (gasp!) something funny, like "maybe on the next drive, the line will block for you." That would be worth a half-hearted laugh which is exactly what the camera showed.

One doesn't need to be dour or straight-faced in a loss. It's not the end of the world, nor a reason not to have a positive mindset, or even be closed to humor.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
I am going to overreact by stating some positives:

Defense if it stays healthy should be fantastic. Offense did them no favors today and they still balled out. Only TDs were after Russ fumbled on the 6 and a busted penalty play.

PRich is a star in the making. If Russ gets some time I see him, Lock, ADB, and Jimma (if he plays with some more passion) making life difficult for defenses and opening up the running game.

Russ is back to his old running self, he needs to not be shy about taking off and picking up 5-8 yards, not just the big hitters like that run today.

Toughest game of the season, O played like crap and still had a chance to win but for a couple horrible calls by the refs.

OLine will take it as an insult, make adjustments and come to play. (OK, this one's a stretch, but miracles happen.)

BamKam

Reaction score
The team played great today I don't understand how people can think otherwise. Only one unit was horrible. Unfortunately that unit controls the performance of the other units on that side of the ball.

It's SAD! that we get to waste the potential of this defense. It's going to be another 15/16 season. I'm sure the O line will have games where it looks ok against terrible teams. When it's time to play a big boy team it will almost be exactly how it has been tonight and the past 2 seasons.

I still think the Hawks win the NFC West because the division looks terrible... but will probably lose in round 2 of the playoffs on the road.