I'm stoked about this team.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I know it's hard to see it now, with how frustrating that game was. But think about how good this team is going to be if our offense can figure it out after starting flat (Which we always do). That defense... Holy hell. They were on the field for almost the entire game and minus a ball handed to the Packers at the 5/6 yard line, as well as a deep ball against a gassed and substituting defense, they were monstrous.

Truly, if we can just muster up a decent offense, or one that is remotely what we've pulled together in the past... This team is going to be damn good.

Look at what even our linemen who weren't the main 4 were doing, it was awesome and very reminiscient of the line that went to the superbowl.

It's hard to see through the clouds on this, especially this shortly after the game, but get ready ladies and gentlemen...
This is going to be a year to remember.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Great post, Meach.

There's a lot to be excited about. The D played very well considering opponent and location (Shaq G, too!), we know RW and the receivers can ball, and Carson is a bright spot.

You're right about where we'll end up this year.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I agree completely. Good post. It was 50/50 we were going to win there, but it's only the opener and we have plenty of talent. We will gain our traction and be in the thick of things once again come playoff time. Hell, we've done it the last 5 years, so this was merely a speed bump on the way to better things. Like your positivity.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Frustrating loss considering this is a game the Hawks could have won. I'm still excited about this team. This defense is lights out and will keep us in every game this year. If the offense can start clicking we'll be unstoppable. I would rather have a loss like this on the road as opposed to what happened to New England at home.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Agreed. The potential here is immense. I just worry with the same issues popping up again, will they fix it or is it just a fixture of the team?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Shaquille Griffin and Nazair Jones are going to be stand outs this year. Especially considering all of the talent around them.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
The defensive side of the ball has NEVER been a concern. But the more they have to be on the field, being modern day gladiators, the more likely the 'bad' happens. You all know the 'bad' that can happen to an overworked defense. You've seen it.
You know what, ONE TD IN THE Air & on the ground in the red zone next week and I won't say another word on this. I'm just about outta words anyway smh

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Um, did nobody see the offense in this game? I know this is a feel good post, but lets be realistic.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Chalked this game as loss when schedule came out. Lambo, best QB in the league. D played lights out even after being robbed of a TD on 2 of the worse flags seen. Offense was was to vanilla. End of first half we open it up and look what happens. Why do we have to wait to do these things? And then a horrible no call on Graham in the endzone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk