Dean Blandino and Mike Perierra. Absolutely disgusting

seabowl

Reaction score
For me the part of the game that had me most upset was hearing both Perierra and Blandino agree that the ejection, block in the back (same play) and non PI call against Graham were the wrong calls. After XL all Perierra did was back "his" refs for all of the terrible calls made in the bowl. Then to hear Blandino agree that the calls today were wrong, I almost lost my shit. If today's game were played last year Blandino would have swore until the end of time that the calls were correct.

I guess when you are not under Rog's and the NFL's watch you can actually be truthful and say what you know to be right once again.

Just disgusting.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
So you would rather they agreed with the calls? Mod edit.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
While I can't recall Pereira's tenure much, I always thought Blandino was pretty good at admitting when major mistakes were made. Of course in borderline / toss-up cases, they're likely to side with the refs and don't want to throw them under the bus.

A bit surprising Fox has both of them though, seems like overkill.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
SeahawksCanuck":37wh7ere said:
While I can't recall Pereira's tenure much, I always thought Blandino was pretty good at admitting when major mistakes were made. Of course in borderline / toss-up cases, they're likely to side with the refs and don't want to throw them under the bus.

A bit surprising Fox has both of them though, seems like overkill.

Regarding Perierra, the very next day after XL he was all over the tv defending the calls. On NFLN Blandino had his segment each week where he came up with some cockamamie story on why the calls his refs made were correct. I really think he left the job to save some face.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Who cares what these idiots say? I wish the networks would get rid of these clowns. They are wrong more than they are right.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
You don't recall Bagdad Mike? The league's refereeing apologist for the fix that was XL.

The refereeing was flawed, the review system doesn't work, Seattle gets screwed again. Vinnie's helmet, XL, and many many more. Change? What change?

The league apology letter is in the mail, does the team get back the stolen opportunities? It's meaningless to complain about an unchanging constant.

Aircrew

Reaction score
jammerhawk":jcb7uix1 said:
You don't recall Bagdad Mike? The league's refereeing apologist for the fix that was XL.

The refereeing was flawed, the review system doesn't work, Seattle gets screwed again. Vinnie's helmet, XL, and many many more. Change? What change?

The league apology letter is in the mail, does the team get back the stolen opportunities? It's meaningless to complain about an unchanging constant.

Well said. I lived on the east coast for 16 years and what I learned was that any west coast team, especially Seattle, has about 75% of the pull of East coast teams. Add to that the "blue blood" factor (Original teams, ie Green Bay, NYG, Chicago, DC, Dallas, etc) and there's a definite "click" in NFL owners' circles.

The Seahawks will always be percieved as an expansion/CFL team from South Alaska in the eyes of the media and the rest of the NFL fanbase. We're the outsiders, always have been, always will be. And when we genuinely get screwed, like in XL, our grievances will be conveniently ignored and the media will condone it.

NINEster

Reaction score
Aircrew":3rivym6z said:
jammerhawk":3rivym6z said:

Well said. I lived on the east coast for 16 years and what I learned was that any west coast team, especially Seattle, has about 75% of the pull of East coast teams. Add to that the "blue blood" factor (Original teams, ie Green Bay, NYG, Chicago, DC, Dallas, etc) and there's a definite "click" in NFL owners' circles.

The Seahawks will always be percieved as an expansion/CFL team from South Alaska in the eyes of the media and the rest of the NFL fanbase. We're the outsiders, always have been, always will be. And when we genuinely get screwed, like in XL, our grievances will be conveniently ignored and the media will condone it.

The NFL liked Seattle in 2012-2014 for sure.....

Tide has turned maybe back to the mean, but the Hawks had their moment in the sun for sure.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Aircrew":20v78jar said:

After finishing last year flat and getting knocked out in the divisional round the Seahawks have been the favorites among national media to go to the Super Bowl this year.

They were a top 3 team in all the power rankings too, and were booked as the nationally televised game for the Week 1 afternoon.

As for fans' officiating grievances, a large contingent of every NFL fan base insists that it is their team which is always getting screwed over by officiating and nobody else cares. That's not unique to Seattle either. Heck, Patriots fans insist that deflategate was the biggest screwjob in NFL memory. Cowboys fans wholeheartedly believe that the U.S. court system had to intervene to keep the NFL from trying to screw over the Cowboys to punish Jerry Jones for supporting the Raiders' move. Packers fans believe the Fail Mary was the NFL trying to swing things for the Seahawks as the league's new media darlings, whereas Seahawks fans (see the other thread on the front page) are still insisting that the rest of the world is stupid and has been duped by the media into thinking a penalty should have been called on that play.

Long story short, by this point the Seahawks have been too good for too long, and too celebrated by the national media for too long (and rightly so, because they're damn good), for this victimization narrative to hold any water.

Not meaning to offend, but just my two cents from an outsiders perspective as the fan of a "legacy" team that RIGHTLY gets treated like the joke it is in the national media, in the rare moments when it's not being ignored entirely (as it rightly should be, given the 9ers suck).

Latest posts