Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Earl Thomas : "It's been like this for 8 years"

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Pretty much says it all

Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• Very nice way of saying they are used to 3 and outs and no offensive production. If we see it and are frustrated, imagine how frustrated our defense is with cable and Bevell.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

• johnnyfever wrote:Very nice way of saying they are used to 3 and outs and no offensive production. If we see it and are frustrated, imagine how frustrated our defense is with cable and Bevell.

Seems like the D takes frustration out on Russell too though
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• It is somewhat understandable that they would take a little frustration out on the highest paid player on the team.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
    :: Theodore Roosevelt
    daketah
    NET Veteran

• Steve2222 wrote:
    johnnyfever wrote:Very nice way of saying they are used to 3 and outs and no offensive production. If we see it and are frustrated, imagine how frustrated our defense is with cable and Bevell.

LOL yeah sorry nothing he said says that at all
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

• Anthony! wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:
    johnnyfever wrote:Very nice way of saying they are used to 3 and outs and no offensive production. If we see it and are frustrated, imagine how frustrated our defense is with cable and Bevell.

Not talking about him........Ever hear of a guy named Richard Sherman (who plays defense for the Seattle Seahawks if you weren't aware). Notice how I said "D" and not "Earl Thomas"?

Were you not paying attention to any of the Seahawks offseason drama?
    Last edited by kidhawk on Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: No personal attacks
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• When the D is forced to play 2/3 of the game and still keeps the game close they have every right to be frustrated.

0 TDs, < 100 yards rushing, an ineffective passing game, an OLine that served up a totally hopeless effort in both passpro and run blocking. I'm frustrated too.

Same rubbish and yet another year.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Steve2222 wrote:
    Anthony! wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:

Not talking about him........Ever hear of a guy named Richard Sherman (who plays defense for the Seattle Seahawks if you weren't aware). Notice how I said "D" and not "Earl Thomas"?

So in a thread about what Earl said you bring up something Sherman supposedly said and has denied and then wonder why I said what I said, Here is an Idea stay on topic or clarify.
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

• Clear sign of what I've and others have been saying for a while.

There is serious frustration among the players and a lot of it rests against the offense. That includes RW and that includes Bevell. By now it likely includes Pete as well.

It's too early to go doom and gloom - winning solves just about everything but the Seahawks tonight were not a good team on offense. The D held up for most the game but ran out of gas and nobody should blame them for that.

Our offense stunk - AGAIN.

Yes, the line was pushed around too much but the difference in tone/composure between RW and Rodgers was striking. Rodgers didn't even break a sweat.

GB was the better team from the coaching to the quarterback.

There were some dropped passes that shouldn't have been but there were also some catches that were more the result of the receiver and not the throw.

RW looks wobbly out there. Hope he improves quick but I've warned there are serious gaps in his game and teams are on to him.

On the upside, I like how Carson runs which is hard. He manages to net positive yardage even with little to no offensive line push which is what this team sorely needs. Give the kid the rock more and see what he's got.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

• Defense has as right to be frustrated with EVERYBODY on the offense: Coaches, terrible line, and yes, even Russ.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

• Hawkpower wrote:Defense has as right to be frustrated with EVERYBODY on the offense: Coaches, terrible line, and yes, even Russ.

I never said they did not have the right only that the assessment he made about Russ, not something that can be gleamed from what ET said.
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

• semiahmoo wrote:Clear sign of what I've and others have been saying for a while.

There is serious frustration among the players and a lot of it rests against the offense. That includes RW and that includes Bevell. By now it likely includes Pete as well.

It's too early to go doom and gloom - winning solves just about everything but the Seahawks tonight were not a good team on offense. The D held up for most the game but ran out of gas and nobody should blame them for that.

Yes, the line was pushed around too much but the difference in tone/composure between RW and Rodgers was striking. Rodgers didn't even break a sweat.

There were some dropped passes that shouldn't have been but there were also some catches that were more the result of the receiver and not the throw.

RW looks wobbly out there. Hope he improves quick but I've warned there are serious gaps in his game and teams are on to him.

On the upside, I like how Carson runs which is hard. He manages to net positive yardage even with little to no offensive line push which is what this team sorely needs. Give the kid the rock more and see what he's got.

:pukeface:
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

• Steve2222 wrote:

Good, they should. He needs a fire under his ass as much as anyone.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• Anthony! wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:
    Anthony! wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:

So in a thread about what Earl said you bring up something Sherman supposedly said and has denied and then wonder why I said what I said, Here is an Idea stay on topic or clarify.

You really think Sherman would come out on record to saying he thinks Russell sucks? You're wrong if you do. One thing I've learned with football is that if there's smoke there's fire.

And what I wrote is very much on topic. Nice try on your deflection though.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Hawkpower wrote:Defense has as right to be frustrated with EVERYBODY on the offense: Coaches, terrible line, and yes, even Russ.

Totally agree.

Our offense is too timid/confused/uncertain and that starts with RW.

He hasn't been the same player for some time - and he likely knows it.

Something continues to be "off" about our team.

Once again we will all be waiting and hoping the ship gets on course in time to earn a playoff spot but do we really want just a playoff spot without a legit shot at winning a Super Bowl?

Bring on game two. Want to forget this one quick.

P.S. - God Bless the Seahawks Defense.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

• mrt144 wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:

Russell couldn't be any further away from the problem on offense.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Steve2222 wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:

He's a designated leader - whatever he thinks he doing in that capacity isn't yielding dividends.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• mrt144 wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:

Agreed. I swear there are times out there he looks like he doesn't care. I don't think that's true but the tone is weird.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

• Pete will try to trade Earl next, like he tried trading Sherm in the off season for challenging the Offense to get better
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• The defense gets paid two thirds of the cap as well. So you get what you pay for.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

• Natethegreat wrote:The defense gets paid two thirds of the cap as well. So you get what you pay for.

Guess that kicks the blame up to management which would give support to those of us warning this season could be the end of the PC era.

C'mon Hawks, figure this out!

Give us a truly great season and be a legit Super Bowl contender!
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

• Maybe if Wilson spent his free time learning how to be a better QB instead of worrying about raising the $9M he got as initial investment for the app he is building that helps 'celebrities' create curated tours of their lives that they can offer to fans for a fee?

Just thought since he is supposed to be a 'star' QB and all but for the past several years he has been the head of one of th least productive offenses?
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:Maybe if Wilson spent his free time learning how to be a better QB instead of worrying about raising the $9M he got as initial investment for the app he is building that helps 'celebrities' create curated tours of their lives that they can offer to fans for a fee?

Just thought since he is supposed to be a 'star' QB and all but for the past several years he has been the head of one of th least productive offenses?

lol
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• I think RW has been David Carr-ed. In the first few years of his career he showed every indication that he would eventually join the elite tier of QB's, but the constant pressure he faces due to an annual bottom-5 oline has caused his development to plateau and even regress.

Not to mention he seems to have outgrown Bevell. Bevell may have been good for RW's development early in his career but the insistence on low-percentage explosive plays and lack of year-over-year adjustments have inhibited RW's ability to grow as a QB.

Overall, he seems to be worn down mentally. Just look at Luck as another example of a QB that's in the same situation and also seems to be regressing.
    ducks41468
    NET Practice Squad

• "Annual bottom five" ?????? Please show me the offensive lines that have been worse? The last two seasons our line has been absolute rock bottom. Ironically this is largely because Pete and John have chosen to stack the defense at the expense of the offense.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• brimsalabim wrote:"Annual bottom five" ?????? Please show me the offensive lines that have been worse? The last two seasons our line has been absolute rock bottom. Ironically this is largely because Pete and John have chosen to stack the defense at the expense of the offense.

Came across this. Out of these 5, the Chargers are the only team that have successfully adjusted their game plan to focus on a short passing game to overcome the oline deficiencies. The Colts, Cards, and Dolphins have essentially run their respective QB's into the ground and we're not too far behind.
    ducks41468
    NET Practice Squad

• This is not good. This is not good at all. This makes all those stories that were published this off season, that I blew off like a lot of people did truer than they ever have been before. Double standards will destroy any team at any level, Pete has allowed double standards to undercut his philosophy of "always compete".
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Steve2222 wrote:
    Anthony! wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:
    Anthony! wrote:

Were you not paying attention to any of the Seahawks offseason drama? Don't come at me like that again.

You really think Sherman would come out on record to saying he thinks Russell sucks? You're wrong if you do. One thing I've learned with football is that if there's smoke there's fire.

And what I wrote is very much on topic. Nice try on your deflection though.

And again we are in a thread about Et and you grin up Sherman nice attempt to change the topic and once again Sherman denied it so nice nothing
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

• semiahmoo wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:Defense has as right to be frustrated with EVERYBODY on the offense: Coaches, terrible line, and yes, even Russ.

Totally agree.

Our offense is too timid/confused/uncertain and that starts with RW.

He hasn't been the same player for some time - and he likely knows it.

Something continues to be "off" about our team.

Once again we will all be waiting and hoping the ship gets on course in time to earn a playoff spot but do we really want just a playoff spot without a legit shot at winning a Super Bowl?

Bring on game two. Want to forget this one quick.

P.S. - God Bless the Seahawks Defense.

:pukeface:
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

• mrt144 wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:

He's a designated leader - whatever he thinks he doing in that capacity isn't yielding dividends.

So is ET is it on hi8m too, so is Kam on him too? As far as being on leaders it son the coaches period
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

• ducks41468 wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:"Annual bottom five" ?????? Please show me the offensive lines that have been worse? The last two seasons our line has been absolute rock bottom. Ironically this is largely because Pete and John have chosen to stack the defense at the expense of the offense.

Came across this. Out of these 5, the Chargers are the only team that have successfully adjusted their game plan to focus on a short passing game to overcome the oline deficiencies. The Colts, Cards, and Dolphins have essentially run their respective QB's into the ground and we're not too far behind.

Whats ugly is that is only pressures not hits, and sacks, where our oline is far and away the worse

and FYI we have adjusted its called uptempo we just refuse to use it but once or twice a game, well other than 2015 remember that run, and what happened as soon as Lynch came back from injury? Back to the same old bs, like now.
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

• sdog1981 wrote:This is not good. This is not good at all. This makes all those stories that were published this off season, that I blew off like a lot of people did truer than they ever have been before. Double standards will destroy any team at any level, Pete has allowed double standards to undercut his philosophy of "always compete".

HUh what are you talking about?
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

• semiahmoo wrote:Clear sign of what I've and others have been saying for a while.

Really???
    Not what I saw. I saw Rodgers not only break a sweat, but I also saw him almost break a helmet, and almost broke an ankle as well.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:Clear sign of what I've and others have been saying for a while.

Really???
    Not what I saw. I saw Rodgers not only break a sweat, but I also saw him almost break a helmet, and almost broke an ankle as well.

yeah but that does not fit his narrative
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

• Steve2222 wrote:

He shouldn't be immune...he played a terrible game today.
    BadgerVid
    NET Rookie

• BadgerVid wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:

LOL thanks for the laugh
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

• Anthony! wrote:
    BadgerVid wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:

LOL thanks for the laugh

Well he didn't play good, all factors considered too. Rodgers played pretty good despite our D Line being markedly better than I can remember.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• BadgerVid wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:

The fumble and overthrowing Lock by 5 yards are the two plays that stood out to me. But he'll correct it and be more determined for his next outing.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• Anthony! wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:This is not good. This is not good at all. This makes all those stories that were published this off season, that I blew off like a lot of people did truer than they ever have been before. Double standards will destroy any team at any level, Pete has allowed double standards to undercut his philosophy of "always compete".

HUh what are you talking about?

The fact that a defensive team leader was talking about only one-half of the team is held to any standard.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• D on the field all day, robbed of a score, keeping the best QB in the league at home in check... should be frustrated.. offense looked vanilla yet when in hurry up performs... not saying go that way all game but why does it take those scenarios for us to run that offense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DJ_CJ
    NET Rookie

• sdog1981 wrote:This is not good. This is not good at all. This makes all those stories that were published this off season, that I blew off like a lot of people did truer than they ever have been before. Double standards will destroy any team at any level, Pete has allowed double standards to undercut his philosophy of "always compete".

Thank you.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

• Rodgers didn't break a sweat.

Him smashing a helmet etc., is how he plays - with passion.

He had control of this game far more than RW did and it showed.

It's GB, though. They have our # there.

We can bounce back. Then again, we can continue to struggle and have another mediocre season.

Too early to tell how it will break...
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

• In regards to the OP, Earl was very matter-of-fact about it. He said he wasn't frustrated, and he knows they just need to give Wilson more opportunities to get in rhythm.

It's just one game guys, attacking each other isn't going to accomplish anything. Have faith
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Too many people here making comments about Wilson needing to step up and do a better job. RW isn't the problem. Our lack of a running game is. And that starts with the offensive line - which has been our problem for several years now, even when Lynch was here. Without ANY running threat, the defense can collapse around Russell all game long and force bad throws. why do you think Wilson was able to pull up and run draws up the middle several times? Because the D is keyed in on rushing him, knowing we won't run.
    Austin Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:In regards to the OP, Earl was very matter-of-fact about it. He said he wasn't frustrated, and he knows they just need to give Wilson more opportunities to get in rhythm.

It's just one game guys, attacking each other isn't going to accomplish anything. Have faith

^^right there... most of us chalked this to a loss to begin with all while being hopeful of course... it stings because it was totally in grasp today but screwed on the ref end let alone lackluster O play... week 1 folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DJ_CJ
    NET Rookie

• Am I the only one that doesn't care that we lost? I don't care that the refs screwed us (ok I care a little bit)

I really simply care about the fact that the offense was horrendous. How is it possible that we have spent the last four years taking a rookie QB with a fun exciting offense to a veteran QB with a horrible offense.

How is it possible that we keep promoting this and not hold people accountable as we get worse on a DAILY basis
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• More of this Days of our Lives, General Hospital, locker room soap opera speculation crap. I have no interest in it.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

• Sky is falling; sky is falling.......

Losing does suck. We are wasting a great qb with this oline for sure.
    Shaq Griffin: 2017 Adopt a Rookie (injury substitution)
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• Okay the whole "he looks like he doesn't care," thing needs to be quashed right now. Clueless people used to say the same crap about Jay Cutler and he took so much shit he didn't deserve because he has a certain disposition. Same for Flacco. Sure, those guys aren't great, but they don't deserve that BS because they are naturally less emotive. I don't think there are many QBs who are as hard working and dedicated as Russ. He deserves some time for business endeavors too, it's his free time, so cut that BS out as well.

As for the football aspect, did anyone think he was maybe playing super conservatively for most of the game because he didn't want to throw picks on picks like last time? Not like the OL was giving him much of a shot. Nor was the playcalling, check the other thread on that. Lots of folks give Cam Newton plenty of leeway for his low completion % due to the high degree of difficulty throws to long developing routes Shula forces him to make. Same with Luck. Doesn't Russ get the benefit of the doubt there too?
    adeltaY
    NET Rookie

• Austin Hawk wrote:Too many people here making comments about Wilson needing to step up and do a better job. RW isn't the problem. Our lack of a running game is. And that starts with the offensive line - which has been our problem for several years now, even when Lynch was here. Without ANY running threat, the defense can collapse around Russell all game long and force bad throws. why do you think Wilson was able to pull up and run draws up the middle several times? Because the D is keyed in on rushing him, knowing we won't run.

It's a truism that a QB can always play better. I think the question isn't whether he can play better but if he has the leadership capabilities to identify where his teammates can improve on the spot and coordinate that with his teammates when the coaching is incapable of doing so.

This is pure hot take speculation but I feel like RW is such a Golden Retriever he would die from starvation by standing by Bevell's rotting corpse before giving direction to anyone to feed him.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:15 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information