Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Brutal honesty

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Brutal honesty
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:00 pm
  • I think our Super Bowl window has closed. Unpopular, I know, but hear me out.

This continued ineptitude on the offensive line is the reason we lost today and will be the reason we can't consistently beat teams with great QBs on the road. Rodgers didn't blow our defense out, but he was able to move the chains and force the defense to stay on the field while our offensive line was being rag-dolled play after play. We couldn't consistently run, we couldn't consistently pass and therefore we're unable to chew any clock at all.

This defense is GREAT and they'll win us the division, but they aren't invincible with an offense that makes its hat on big plays and cannot sustain drives to rest the defense.

I was embarrassed for Tom Cable AGAIN. He's the common denominator in all these horrendous lines. Today we started a 3rd rounder at LT, a high 1st at LG, a 2nd at C, a 4th at RG and a 1st at RT. They were far from even being average.

Our offense is thwnachilles heel of our defense and we can't make an extended playoff run when we continue to be this poor at sustaining drives.
    endzorn
    NET Veteran

Re: Brutal honesty
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:08 pm
  • Bevell does not get a free pass. Learn to work with the constraints you have

Screens, quick passes, rolling out the QB etc all work
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:09 pm
  • We just lost at Lambeau, to probably the other best team in the Nfc, by 8 points in a game where a couple bad calls and/or one overthrown pass to Lockett made the difference.

If we lose at home next week to the hapless 9ers, I'll join you in your gloom and doom.

Until then:
    "Relax."
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:17 pm
  • Your offense has the players for uptmepo, but these coaches refuse to do it. that is a problem
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:18 pm
  • Anthony! wrote:Your offense has the players for uptmepo, but these coaches refuse to do it. that is a problem

They did do it tonight. Are you talking about the entirety of the game? Do you think the Hawks can be the second coming of the Greatest Show on Turf?
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:22 pm
  • minormillikin wrote:We just lost at Lambeau, to probably the other best team in the Nfc, by 8 points in a game where a couple bad calls and/or one overthrown pass to Lockett made the difference.

If we lose at home next week to the hapless 9ers, I'll join you in your gloom and doom.

Until then:
    "Relax."

I dont think its gloom and doom. This team is just a heart break. This is still the same team that will lose to the rams and then go on the road and wax the patriots, then get bounced out in the first round of the playoffs. Weve been down this road before. It does not produce superbowls, Just emotional rollercoasters and an eventually disappointing end to what could have been a memorable season. I don't see how we make it to the Superbowl with an o-line this bad. I would even say our last two early exits in the playoff was entirely because of poor O-line play. I don't see anything changing until we completely change the personel of our O-line and O line coach.
    blazen2392
    NET Rookie

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:37 pm
  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    Anthony! wrote:Your offense has the players for uptmepo, but these coaches refuse to do it. that is a problem

They did do it tonight. Are you talking about the entirety of the game? Do you think the Hawks can be the second coming of the Greatest Show on Turf?

They did it twice tonight and guess what we scored and moved the ball, now imagine we did it more oh like HMm 2015

Simply sprinkle it in, in a series say get 10 plays, whats wrong with half of that uptempo? answer nothing again refer to 2015
    Last edited by Anthony! on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:42 pm
  • Please don't quote Souixhawk.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:46 pm
  • minormillikin wrote:We just lost at Lambeau, to probably the other best team in the Nfc, by 8 points in a game where a couple bad calls and/or one overthrown pass to Lockett made the difference.

Until then:
    "Relax."

After what we saw from the offensive line.... AGAIN...

"relax" is not something anyone with an interest in this teams success should be doing.
    OpHawk
    NET Starter

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:47 pm
  • Anthony! wrote:Your offense has the players for uptmepo, but these coaches refuse to do it. that is a problem

I agree. Too often we line up like we have a great line and a Beast in the backfield.

We don't. Far from it.

The offense needs to adjust but it remains seemingly too stupid to do so.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:49 pm
  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    Anthony! wrote:Your offense has the players for uptmepo, but these coaches refuse to do it. that is a problem

Asking for the offense to look like they belong on an NFL field is not asking for the second coming of the Greatest Show on Turf.

But please continue your inevitable excuses for this clownshow we continue to watch
    OpHawk
    NET Starter

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:50 pm
  • Anthony! wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:

They did it twice tonight adn guess what we scored and moved the ball, now imagine we did it more oh like HMm 2015

Simply sprinkle it in, in a series say get 10 plays, whats wrong with half of that uptempo? answer nothing again refer to 2015

I'm not opposing it, just wondered how much you were thinking? It sounded like Russ was in favor of it in his presser. With Rawls coming back, we could implement it even if we're primarily going to stick with a run-dominated game. I have a feeling we'll see more of it on Sunday at the Clink.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:51 pm
  • mrt144 wrote:Please don't quote Souixhawk.

+1
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:05 pm
  • NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:Please don't quote Souixhawk.

+1
    ... and please learn to spell.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:09 pm

Until then:
    "Relax."

#threadwinner

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:16 pm
  • No one 'won'.
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Until then:
    "Relax."

I could POSSIBLY rock with this if this game was some sort of outlier. We didn't score 1 TOUCHDOWN on offense. Not ONE. This shit is a certified TREND now. If you are able to 'relax' then pm me your doctor's info. Our offensive skill players are just rotting away like that old pear in the corner of your fridge.
    Yes, the Seahawks will win the NFC west. But what is that REALLY even saying.
    We either shake this mess up NOW, or wait until Doug is tired and walks, Russ is on his 2nd knee replacement, Jimmy is bye bye next season...and alot of others. Yeah, I need whatever you take to relax.
    Last edited by hgwellz12 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:26 pm
  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    Anthony! wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:

They did it twice tonight adn guess what we scored and moved the ball, now imagine we did it more oh like HMm 2015

I'm not opposing it, just wondered how much you were thinking? It sounded like Russ was in favor of it in his presser. With Rawls coming back, we could implement it even if we're primarily going to stick with a run-dominated game. I have a feeling we'll see more of it on Sunday at the Clink.

You can do both, but again if PC thinks we will win running it 60% of the time he is nuts, unless he is counting running out the clock.
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:27 pm
  • endzorn wrote:I was embarrassed for Tom Cable AGAIN. He's the common denominator in all these horrendous lines. Today we started a 3rd rounder at LT, a high 1st at LG, a 2nd at C, a 4th at RG and a 1st at RT. They were far from even being average.

Your right look at those pick we simply can not evaluate offensive lineman. Either those guys shouldn't of been taken where they were and we reached big time. Or they should of been taken around were they were at those spots and we just suck at coaching them. Cuz they just flat out suck. Ifedi is terrible he almost has bust written on him. Joeckel was not drafted by us but we should of stayed away. The rest of these clowns look horrible. Britt is ok but playing center he should have these guys line up because he calls the line calls. He is the least of our problems though Pocic should get the nod next week couldnt be any worse could it?
    The office of Thomas and Chancellor specializing in Defense.
    thegreeninyoureye
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:32 pm
  • "Brutally honest"? The window closed 2 seasons ago! It closed when the defensive superstars quit on this team. Tonight the D played a tremendous game but the inept offense couldn't keep the D off the field and a defense can only last so long!
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Rookie

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:36 pm
  • hgwellz12 wrote:
    minormillikin wrote:We just lost at Lambeau, to probably the other best team in the Nfc, by 8 points in a game where a couple bad calls and/or one overthrown pass to Lockett made the difference.

Until then:
    "Relax."

I could POSSIBLY rock with this if this game was some sort of outlier. We didn't score 1 TOUCHDOWN on offense. Not ONE. This shit is a certified TREND now. If you are able to 'relax' then pm me your doctor's info. Our offensive skill players are just rotting away like that old pear in the corner of your fridge.
    We either shake this mess up NOW, or wait until Doug is tired and walks, Russ is on his 2nd knee replacement, Jimmy is bye bye next season...and alot of others. Yeah, I need whatever you take to relax.

Or we just come out and beat the Niners to start an early winning streak. Easy enough.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:45 pm
  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    hgwellz12 wrote:
    minormillikin wrote:We just lost at Lambeau, to probably the other best team in the Nfc, by 8 points in a game where a couple bad calls and/or one overthrown pass to Lockett made the difference.

Until then:
    "Relax."

Or we just come out and beat the Niners to start an early winning streak. Easy enough.

Beating the ninets is like getting excited my son could walk by a year old. Are you really serious, man? For what it's worth, if we don't score a td on offense next week we might actually lose to the damn niners :|
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:13 pm
  • mikeak wrote:Bevell does not get a free pass. Learn to work with the constraints you have

Screens, quick passes, rolling out the QB etc all work

Completely agree. When they went fast tempo things worked. They didn't even give the running game a chance the 1st drive. I really like what I see when Carson is on the field. Nothing against Lacy but he just doesn't have the athleticism to make something happen if the hole isn't there. Carson made a great 3 yard run where he ran about 20 purely because he is an athlete.
    peppersjap
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:17 pm
  • I'm not defending Cable at all, but Bevell is the larger problem. He can call plays that try to compensate for our crappy O-line and almost never does. We've got the most mobile QB in the league, but if someone actually tracked the stats on designed bootlegs, we'd probably be in the bottom quarter of the league in terms of percentage.

It's absurd...and so frustrating to watch year, after year, after year, after year.
    Last edited by RolandDeschain on Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:18 pm
  • It's been closed. Each of the last two seasons the Hawks have been annihilated by a better team in the second round of the playoffs. They aren't elite anymore. This squad as constituted won't win any more championships.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:23 pm
  • Missing_Clink wrote:It's been closed. Each of the last two seasons the Hawks have been annihilated by a better team in the second round of the playoffs. They aren't elite anymore. This squad as constituted won't win any more championships.

I'll be genuinely SHOCKED if we make it to round 2 of the playoffs. Our schedule will have Bevell over confident in his ass backwards play calling. When we win its IN SPITE of anything that guy does.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:33 pm
  • Never been in the "Fire Bevell" crowd that's been roaming around the board for a few years. But, after last season and what I watched today it just feels like the Bevell/Cable combination has grown stale. IMO a change from these two would've been good move this last offseason. I hope I'm wrong.
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:37 pm
  • NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:Please don't quote Souixhawk.

+1

+2
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:52 pm
  • First of all credits to our D ! I really liked our DLine , how Richardson played with Bennett and rest of the guys. For sure we allowed few long passed , but we rushed the passer well and i enjoyed it. As for the offense , we suck ! People say about offensive line and how much pressure has every game. Did you see what pressure AR15 had ??? I know our offensive line sucks but some plays we blocked well and we still didnt do ANYTHING ! You are near the endzone and you dont use Lacy ? Isnt this the reason you got him ? If our D has to play 50 minutes out of 60 , excuse me but they WILL allow pts as good as they are. We need a change and ASAP ! This offense is really bad. But chill , maybe we step up sometime , but with this team , we dont have a chance for another SB. :irishdrinkers:
    Gio
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:13 pm
  • Our D has enough talent to be this teams solution. Bring the dogs (or dragons if you like). Can we start making some turnovers? This Defense has so much talent it is ridiculous.

Yet, Seattle is hell bent on sending 4 pass rushers for 90% of the game. We are using a mere capacity of this, possibly, unbelievable great defense. I saw it, did anyone else!? Can we grow a pair here and take some chances. The tragedy now is not the illegitimacy of our offense it is the non usage of our D. Set them free man!

We have the talent to win a SB this year, can we use it please?
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:52 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:Our D has enough talent to be this teams solution. Bring the dogs (or dragons if you like). Can we start making some turnovers? This Defense has so much talent it is ridiculous.

Yet, Seattle is hell bent on sending 4 pass rushers for 90% of the game. We are using a mere capacity of this, possibly, unbelievable great defense. I saw it, did anyone else!? Can we grow a pair here and take some chances. The tragedy now is not the illegitimacy of our offense it is the non usage of our D. Set them free man!

We have the talent to win a SB this year, can we use it please?

No. Not with the the guys holding clipboards.

I look at it like this :
    You could have a disassembled, Farrari f430 sitting in your garage. Every last bolt.
    The guys helping you build?
    One is holding the instruction manual and gets to the part saying SPECIFICALLY to use the provided torque wrench and he's like "eh, naw, this pair of needle nose pliers will work just fine..."

The other guy, in charge of the chassis is all like "you know, I once installed a Chevy Nova undercarriage in my GTO when I was at that Garage down in Oakland. Let's put this Accord one on. I can make it work, I promise! Besides, it'll still have the cool paddle shifters on the steering wheel!"

And finally, the guy in charge of the drive train. He likes the monstrous ft ponds of torque so, [i]"eh, no need for the nitrous bottle. Too aggressive. By the way, where's the governor, again? Let's turn that up some..."
    [/i]

It's maddening! :pukeface:
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:25 am
  • hgwellz12 wrote:
    Missing_Clink wrote:It's been closed. Each of the last two seasons the Hawks have been annihilated by a better team in the second round of the playoffs. They aren't elite anymore. This squad as constituted won't win any more championships.

I'll be genuinely SHOCKED if we make it to round 2 of the playoffs. Our schedule will have Bevell over confident in his ass backwards play calling. When we win its IN SPITE of anything that guy does.

This is what I have always believed.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:53 am
  • It could be worse, you could be the defending superbowl champs, who just game up 42 points AT HOME.

Guess Tom Brady's window is finally closed after 1 game too.

And before you say "ah but that's their defense, look at their offense", let's not forget that New England finished NUMBER 1 in points allowed last year
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:02 am

Until then:
    "Relax."

We lost an exceedingly winnable game for no reason other than the abysmal play of the offensive line, which has been a trend for years now. But sure, we can pretend this is an aberration.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:19 am

Christ alive this place sucks.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:21 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I'm not defending Cable at all, but Bevell is the larger problem. He can call plays that try to compensate for our crappy O-line and almost never does. We've got the most mobile QB in the league, but if someone actually tracked the stats on designed bootlegs, we'd probably be in the bottom quarter of the league in terms of percentage.

It's absurd...and so frustrating to watch year, after year, after year, after year.

This is exactly how I felt the last few years, but what we saw yesterday was diffferent. It was an absolute abomination of 5 guys pretending to be an offensive line. I don't think it's possible to scheme around that, especially with Carroll's protect the ball philosophy resulting in Wilson's unwillingness to throw a receiver open.

When the reins come off, and Wilson is allowed to run a higher risk offense, he looks like an entirely different QB on an entirely different offense. Bevel has to be given some of the credit for how good this offense looks in those situations (when Cable's influence on the game plan is taken off the table).

Maybe this argues against my point that you can't scheme around this bad of an offensive line, but I would argue that you can't maintain that pace for an entire game, and part of the efffectiveness is catching the defense a bit off guard. If you ran the entire game like that, they would adjust.

As the years go by, I'm more and more convinced that the problem lies squarely on the shoulders of Cable, and, by extension, Carrol who's philosophy, and unwillingness to move on from Cable, is costing this team.

Just like our offensive line, Bevel and the offense only need to be average to allow our historic defense to dominate the league. I think Bevel is average to below average, but that's not enough when the line is such a travesty.
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:28 am
  • The brutal honesty is that it's one game in the season and we're a team that historically learns to adjust and gets better as the season wears on. Being in the playoffs 5 years in a row is a testament to that.

Fans have the right to freak out if they want to, but they are the outliers. Some have unreasonable assumptions that the Hawks should win every week. It's the "noise" that Pete often speaks of. The real team is bonded and perseveres, their mission undeterred and focused. It's the Seahawk way.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:33 am
  • Meh, they were in the game the entire time, w/in one score. 7 points taken off the board on ridiculous penalties that not only did the announcers say were bad, but the former head of officials said they were wrong. Then later on Graham gets mugged, no call, of course. Instead of 1st and goal at the 1, we have to settle for 3. That's 11 right there.
    O Line was painful to watch, and Cable is so overrated. That being said, they have looked bad in openers often. If people want to say they're not a contender, so be it. It's all in how you look at it.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:13 am
  • I cant stand all this talk of we were in the game and we lost to the packers on the road so whats the big deal. the big deal is the offense was pure garbage. I don't care if we lost by the same exact score but you have to move the ball. does no one realize the difference in moving the ball to mid field numerous times, getting 3 first downs every drive and then having to punt versus 3 and out all day and being 4th and 12, 4th and 15. a lot of possessions we lost yards instead of gaining even a single yard. its pathetic. not like the packers lit it up offensively. take away the 7 points Wilson handed them and they only score 10. but at least with those 10 they moved the ball to flip the field position and chewed up clock. they didn't look inept, they just looked like a team playing a great defense but were still able to control the game and accomplish things. Seattle was the exact opposite of that.
    classicaaron
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:21 am
  • You know the real "beauty" of up-tempo offense? If you go 3 and out, you get your defense back on the field 3 minutes sooner.

:34853_doh:

Sometimes I wonder why people bother. :229031_shrug:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:32 am
  • sutz wrote:You know the real "beauty" of up-tempo offense? If you go 3 and out, you get your defense back on the field 3 minutes sooner.

:34853_doh:

Sometimes I wonder why people bother. :229031_shrug:

Yes, and doing it all the time eliminates the element of surprise for the defense. Remember how that constant adherence to using the hurry-up worked out for Chip Kelly?
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:32 am
  • As much as the up tempo is a nice change up, no way you could do it all game. Shoot, maybe 3 drives a game would be more realistic, but it's just not realistic to do it all day. Ask Chip Kelly how it works.......
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:34 am
  • Jinx :mrgreen:
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:39 am
  • As a matter of philosophy Pete Carroll -- and teams with great defenses in general -- don't run uptempo offenses because to do so takes away the advantage of controlling the clock and strangling a team to death. It's just not the way that Pete Carroll plays and really just isn't the way to play when you have a dominate defense.

As for spreading things out more, I don't think that's really a good idea for the Hawks either, as (1) they tried that last year and it didn't really work, and (2) spreading things out puts even more pressure on the Seahawks' major pressure point: their offensive line.

Once you spread things out your six or seven on four blocking matchups revert to five on four, which is really not a recipe for success with the Hawks O-line.

TBF I think they might go uptempo more just as an experiment, but it is definitely a break from philosophy.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:39 am
  • endzorn wrote:I think our Super Bowl window has closed. Unpopular, I know, but hear me out.

I disagree. Hear me out.

As long as you have a defense as good as you do, you are always going to be a contender. Not only that, your defense is actually improved over the last 2 seasons and will be solid for the foreseeable future. Guys like Reed, Griffin, Jones and Clark are good now and will get better and better as time goes on.

Earl Thomas: Hall of Fame.

Your problem is not the coaches or the game planning or Russell Wilson and anything outside of football he is involved in. Your problem is drafting quality Offensive Linemen. You have been spending top draft picks on them and have been missing. The guys you drafted are just not that good. It's one of the toughest areas to draft and to have immediate impact or even to develop. Green Bay moved up to grab Jason Spriggs with the 48th pick last year and the pundits, coaches and fans were ecstatic about his potential. He is a complete bust at this point. Meanwhile a 7th rounder (Murphy) out of Stanford who barely got a look, started yesterday and held up well under enormous pressure from the best DL in football. You have yet to find guys like that. Could it be your scouting? Priority?

Green Bay has the opposite problem. We have been drafting defenders to shore up a weak defense for years and keep missing. We might finally have a top 10 defense after all of those draft picks. One thing is for sure, our DL is much improved and it seems like Capers finally understands the potential Mike Daniels has and how good he is shooting gaps and not just occupying blockers. But considering how many draft picks we have spent on the defensive side of the ball, we should be a lot better than we are. We miss having Nick Collins at Safety. He was our "Earl Thomas".

Your window is not closing, but actually opening up. Your defense got better and you have a quality QB in Wilson. Those are the 2 things you need to be competitive and to make deep runs in the playoffs. You are 2-3 quality players away from fixing that offense. You are contenders right now but contenders with some holes that other teams can exploit. You have a good HC and front office dedicated to winning football. Those guys will keep you at or near the top for years to come.

Welcome to the "We have a great team filled with Hall of Famers and we can't seem to get over that hump" club. Green Bay has had 2 Hall of Fame QB's back to back over the course of 25 years and we have only 2 Super Bowl wins in that time. Put it in perspective. In 5 years, you have been the best team in the NFC with 5 playoff appearances, 2 SB's and 1 win.

Enjoy the journey. Your window is wide open.
    PackerNation
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:45 am
  • Excellent and well-written Packer Nation. Best of luck on the season and perhaps our paths again will cross. I noticed that Murphy too and his play certainly didn't suggest to me that he was a rookie.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:52 am

Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:59 am
  • It's just the first game, there is plenty of time to get right, so I wouldn't overreact that the season is over, but I would like to see changes that are long overdue. The thing that really gets my upset is the whole off season the coaches knew the team had to get better in one area if they wanted to succeed, O-Line, and they got worse.

The o-line is basically allowing this team to get socked in the mouth so hard that they can no longer function and the whole offense just falls apart. This is not even a good defensive front they faced.

Tom Cable should immediately be fired and while your at it replace Bevell as well. When the ONLY time you can move the ball is when you are in hurry up and your qb is doing the play calling it cannot be anymore obvious that the coaching staff is NOT helping this team at all.

I don't want to hear that Cable is doing the best he can with what we got. He has had years to get his guys in there and none of his picks are panning out except for Britt. We are getting knocked out with his guys.
    edogg23
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:02 am
  • Slept on it. Offense line stinks.
    Hawkfish
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:04 am
  • classicaaron wrote:I cant stand all this talk of we were in the game and we lost to the packers on the road so whats the big deal. the big deal is the offense was pure garbage. I don't care if we lost by the same exact score but you have to move the ball. does no one realize the difference in moving the ball to mid field numerous times, getting 3 first downs every drive and then having to punt versus 3 and out all day and being 4th and 12, 4th and 15. a lot of possessions we lost yards instead of gaining even a single yard. its pathetic. not like the packers lit it up offensively. take away the 7 points Wilson handed them and they only score 10. but at least with those 10 they moved the ball to flip the field position and chewed up clock. they didn't look inept, they just looked like a team playing a great defense but were still able to control the game and accomplish things. Seattle was the exact opposite of that.

This 100%. It's not that they lost, it's how they lost and the fact it's a recurring problem several years now, everyone sees it but Pete.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:59 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information