Brutal honesty

endzorn

Reaction score
I think our Super Bowl window has closed. Unpopular, I know, but hear me out.

This continued ineptitude on the offensive line is the reason we lost today and will be the reason we can't consistently beat teams with great QBs on the road. Rodgers didn't blow our defense out, but he was able to move the chains and force the defense to stay on the field while our offensive line was being rag-dolled play after play. We couldn't consistently run, we couldn't consistently pass and therefore we're unable to chew any clock at all.

This defense is GREAT and they'll win us the division, but they aren't invincible with an offense that makes its hat on big plays and cannot sustain drives to rest the defense.

I was embarrassed for Tom Cable AGAIN. He's the common denominator in all these horrendous lines. Today we started a 3rd rounder at LT, a high 1st at LG, a 2nd at C, a 4th at RG and a 1st at RT. They were far from even being average.

Our offense is thwnachilles heel of our defense and we can't make an extended playoff run when we continue to be this poor at sustaining drives.

mikeak

Reaction score
Bevell does not get a free pass. Learn to work with the constraints you have

Screens, quick passes, rolling out the QB etc all work

minormillikin

Reaction score
We just lost at Lambeau, to probably the other best team in the Nfc, by 8 points in a game where a couple bad calls and/or one overthrown pass to Lockett made the difference.

If we lose at home next week to the hapless 9ers, I'll join you in your gloom and doom.

Until then:
"Relax."

Anthony!

Reaction score
Your offense has the players for uptmepo, but these coaches refuse to do it. that is a problem

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":1sxe9t8d said:
Your offense has the players for uptmepo, but these coaches refuse to do it. that is a problem
They did do it tonight. Are you talking about the entirety of the game? Do you think the Hawks can be the second coming of the Greatest Show on Turf?

blazen2392

Reaction score
minormillikin":wjd3epl9 said:
We just lost at Lambeau, to probably the other best team in the Nfc, by 8 points in a game where a couple bad calls and/or one overthrown pass to Lockett made the difference.

If we lose at home next week to the hapless 9ers, I'll join you in your gloom and doom.

Until then:
"Relax."

I dont think its gloom and doom. This team is just a heart break. This is still the same team that will lose to the rams and then go on the road and wax the patriots, then get bounced out in the first round of the playoffs. Weve been down this road before. It does not produce superbowls, Just emotional rollercoasters and an eventually disappointing end to what could have been a memorable season. I don't see how we make it to the Superbowl with an o-line this bad. I would even say our last two early exits in the playoff was entirely because of poor O-line play. I don't see anything changing until we completely change the personel of our O-line and O line coach.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":14dr27gq said:
Anthony!":14dr27gq said:
They did do it tonight. Are you talking about the entirety of the game? Do you think the Hawks can be the second coming of the Greatest Show on Turf?

They did it twice tonight and guess what we scored and moved the ball, now imagine we did it more oh like HMm 2015

Simply sprinkle it in, in a series say get 10 plays, whats wrong with half of that uptempo? answer nothing again refer to 2015

OpHawk

Reaction score
minormillikin":10495twq said:

Until then:
"Relax."

After what we saw from the offensive line.... AGAIN...

"relax" is not something anyone with an interest in this teams success should be doing.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Anthony!":3jf2g0hf said:

I agree. Too often we line up like we have a great line and a Beast in the backfield.

We don't. Far from it.

The offense needs to adjust but it remains seemingly too stupid to do so.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":4bbf07o6 said:
Anthony!":4bbf07o6 said:

Asking for the offense to look like they belong on an NFL field is not asking for the second coming of the Greatest Show on Turf.

But please continue your inevitable excuses for this clownshow we continue to watch

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":1v0gaf06 said:
Siouxhawk":1v0gaf06 said:
Anthony!":1v0gaf06 said:

They did it twice tonight adn guess what we scored and moved the ball, now imagine we did it more oh like HMm 2015

Simply sprinkle it in, in a series say get 10 plays, whats wrong with half of that uptempo? answer nothing again refer to 2015
I'm not opposing it, just wondered how much you were thinking? It sounded like Russ was in favor of it in his presser. With Rawls coming back, we could implement it even if we're primarily going to stick with a run-dominated game. I have a feeling we'll see more of it on Sunday at the Clink.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
minormillikin":lbe2i30c said:

Until then:
"Relax."

#threadwinner

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
minormillikin":2zbku9rm said:

Until then:
"Relax."

I could POSSIBLY rock with this if this game was some sort of outlier. We didn't score 1 TOUCHDOWN on offense. Not ONE. This shit is a certified TREND now. If you are able to 'relax' then pm me your doctor's info. Our offensive skill players are just rotting away like that old pear in the corner of your fridge.
Yes, the Seahawks will win the NFC west. But what is that REALLY even saying.
We either shake this mess up NOW, or wait until Doug is tired and walks, Russ is on his 2nd knee replacement, Jimmy is bye bye next season...and alot of others. Yeah, I need whatever you take to relax.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1qlagkym said:
Anthony!":1qlagkym said:
Siouxhawk":1qlagkym said:
Anthony!":1qlagkym said:

They did it twice tonight adn guess what we scored and moved the ball, now imagine we did it more oh like HMm 2015

I'm not opposing it, just wondered how much you were thinking? It sounded like Russ was in favor of it in his presser. With Rawls coming back, we could implement it even if we're primarily going to stick with a run-dominated game. I have a feeling we'll see more of it on Sunday at the Clink.

You can do both, but again if PC thinks we will win running it 60% of the time he is nuts, unless he is counting running out the clock.

Reaction score
endzorn":1m8hp0vo said:
I was embarrassed for Tom Cable AGAIN. He's the common denominator in all these horrendous lines. Today we started a 3rd rounder at LT, a high 1st at LG, a 2nd at C, a 4th at RG and a 1st at RT. They were far from even being average.
Your right look at those pick we simply can not evaluate offensive lineman. Either those guys shouldn't of been taken where they were and we reached big time. Or they should of been taken around were they were at those spots and we just suck at coaching them. Cuz they just flat out suck. Ifedi is terrible he almost has bust written on him. Joeckel was not drafted by us but we should of stayed away. The rest of these clowns look horrible. Britt is ok but playing center he should have these guys line up because he calls the line calls. He is the least of our problems though Pocic should get the nod next week couldnt be any worse could it?

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
"Brutally honest"? The window closed 2 seasons ago! It closed when the defensive superstars quit on this team. Tonight the D played a tremendous game but the inept offense couldn't keep the D off the field and a defense can only last so long!