The next 7 games look boring....

strohmin

Reaction score
Im still gonna watch them, but I am gonna feel really crappy about this team if we lose any of these 7 upcoming games. 49ers, Titans, Colts, Rams, Giants, Texans and Redskins aren't going anywhere this year and we better not have any trouble against any of these teams. Our next real match up will be against the Falcons. Im gonna be pissed if this so called explosive offense isnt putting up atleast 20 points on these teams except for maybe Houston.

ducks41468

Reaction score
In theory we should win all 7 games. In practice we'll lose at least 2, and fail to score a TD in at least 2. Rams and Giants will give our oline a ton of trouble.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Very possible we go 3-4 in this stretch IMO.

This team tonight showed it can be adequate at best and horrible at its worst.

Our D showed up. Our offensive woes carried over from last season.

Hoping things start to click quick.

Carson can run and he seems to have good hands. That's one big upside to tonight.

adeltaY

Reaction score
The Giants vs. Cowboys game was basically like our game vs. the Pack but even worse. Their offense looked completely lost, but I imagine they'll have Odell back and we have to travel to NY to play them so who the hell knows which offense is going to suck more by then?

Watt will probably shake off the rust by the time we play them, but their OL looked awful today and gave them no chance. Duane Brown will probably come back though. Skins looked shaken all around, Colts looked atrocious, Titans looked tough but beatable, and the Niners look like garbage.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
strohmin":11zxqje3 said:
Im still gonna watch them, but I am gonna feel really crappy about this team if we lose any of these 7 upcoming games. 49ers, Titans, Colts, Rams, Giants, Texans and Redskins aren't going anywhere this year and we better not have any trouble against any of these teams. Our next real match up will be against the Falcons. Im gonna be pissed if this so called explosive offense isnt putting up atleast 20 points on these teams except for maybe Houston.

So then take every game with seriousness. A win in the NFL, no matter who it is against, is still a very good and difficult thing to achieve. Wins also build confidence and experience even if it doesn't impress a fan.

I remember a 7-9 Titans team and a sorry ass 4-12 Buccaneer team coming to Seattle and almost beating the Seahawks in 2013. We lose either one of those games and we do not get HFA in the playoffs. I'll stop there.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Titans could be our next L. Buckle up kiddies, this season is about to be more stressful than we assumed...

WmHBonney

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1t6qf820 said:
Very possible we go 3-4 in this stretch IMO.

This team tonight showed it can be adequate at best and horrible at its worst.

Our D showed up. Our offensive woes carried over from last season.

Hoping things start to click quick.

Carson can run and he seems to have good hands. That's one big upside to tonight.

Bingo. I can easily see 4 losses during this stretch.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Aros":u24whc2v said:
Titans could be our next L. Buckle up kiddies, this season is about to be more stressful than we assumed...

Were you expecting a Seahawks win yesterday?

The Seahawks lost a defense struggle at GB against one of the top teams in the NFC who have one of the greatest QBs ever. It would have been nice to get a cupcake victory week 1 like the Rams and Panthers got, but that wasn't the hand we were dealt. We've played one of our two toughest games already.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Did the Rams light up the scoreboard a bit yesterday?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
w/out Luck on the Colts. Rams start out fast, people act like they are contender, then they poop the bed. Not gonna' change this year

classicaaron

Reaction score
I see a loss to the titans. the rest should be wins on paper but guaranteed we lose at least 1 of those. so 5-2 during this stretch makes us 5-3. so decent team but certainly not great. than like you said going into falcons will be a loss so 5-4. if they don't make a run during this stretch it will get ugly really fast.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Is this thread serious? We just made a journey man in Mike Daniels look like JJ Watt. I shutter to think what actual Watt will do.

This offensive line is worse then the last couple years. Which is amazing to think.

Chapow

Reaction score
It's just straight up absurd to think any team in the NFL should just cakewalk through any 7 game stretch.

As for the Seahawks, I think we have a really, really good defense, but that OL looked like an absolute disaster. It's going to be very difficult for this team to overcome that. Unless they somehow improve drastically and very quickly, this season is going to be a struggle. As good as I believe this defense is, they are still going to need the offense to score some points and to sustain some drives to give them a break.

After yesterdays OL debacle, I don't think it's very reasonable to expect this team to just cruise to a bunch of easy wins.

Cc5674

Reaction score
strohmin":28b6j089 said:
After yesterday's OLine performance I'm not looking past the bye week :lol:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Steve2222":1gd4506c said:
Aros":1gd4506c said:

Were you expecting a Seahawks win yesterday?

The Seahawks lost a defense struggle at GB against one of the top teams in the NFC who have one of the greatest QBs ever. It would have been nice to get a cupcake victory week 1 like the Rams and Panthers got, but that wasn't the hand we were dealt. We've played one of our two toughest games already.

Personally I was expecting a better offense and offensive line play, not much but some. Only saw the same thing that pissed everyone off last year. Not one or two but at times, 3 absolute whiffs of pass protection against a 4 man rush. What does that say?

Posts about "overreacting" and "what do we expect, GB is a possible SB contender and we haven't won in Green Bay in a long time." Garbage. I saw us last year go to the East coast and play possible one of the best dynasties in NFL history, not to mention a home record comparable to ours, totally control a majority of the game an win. How did that happen?

I expect some inkling of improvement to a zero effective O-line (can't go any lower). Also last time I checked the team we beat in GB in 1999 was pretty darn good.

Are we a great team or not?

Josea16

Reaction score
classicaaron":2x4pd3wn said:
I see a loss to the titans. the rest should be wins on paper but guaranteed we lose at least 1 of those. so 5-2 during this stretch makes us 5-3. so decent team but certainly not great. than like you said going into falcons will be a loss so 5-4. if they don't make a run during this stretch it will get ugly really fast.
The Titans suck and have no pass rush. Their bread and butter is running the ball. Because of Sheldon Richardson that's not going to happen. Yes, he actually has made our defense into something beyond 2013. You can't run on them and they get constant middle pressure against among the best offensive lines at Pass Pro.

In the next seven games the only game I worry about a tiny bit is the Rams game but our defense is far better then their defense and Goff isn't Rodgers, hell Goff isn't even Hasselbeck level.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Titans certainly don't suck. They have a damn good QB and a solid running game. That's gonna' be a good battle.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
gowazzu02":4vxjuw8c said:
Is this thread serious? We just made a journey man in Mike Daniels look like JJ Watt. I shutter to think what actual Watt will do.

This offensive line is worse then the last couple years. Which is amazing to think.

Are you serious?

1. Mike Daniels is not the definition of "Journeyman"

His whole career is with one team.

2. He's actually pretty good.

You want a reference think Brandon Mebane but a touch better.

If you are going to detract, make smarter statements.