Deserves its own thread

sdog1981

Reaction score
Yeah, remember when the Patriots won a Superbowl by throwing the ball to Shane Vereen 11 times for 6 yards a pop so they always had a 3rd and 3 or a 3rd and 4? That kind of sums what was not going on today.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Crickets at another attempt at comedy.
Hot reads and safety outlet plays to Graham, Carson and Douggy today for those of you dozing.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I have the above poster on the ignore list but I think his post went something like this.

blah blah blah I love Bevell blah blah blah It's all Pete's master plan for the offense to never score points blah blah blah.

OP
OP
hgwellz12

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Yeah, who is the guy next to tjack holding the football in your avatar, Siouxhawk? Because it can't be you. If you're not one of Bevell's immediate relatives then it's pretty scary. You defend even the most BLATANT problems/traits of DBevell. It's creepy, holmes.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":1rkqoiw2 said:
I have the above poster on the ignore list but I think his post went something like this.

blah blah blah I love Bevell blah blah blah It's all Pete's master plan for the offense to never score points blah blah blah.
And yours would be something like ... Oh Boo Hoo me ... We didn't score 99 points like I did in Madden playing my stepsister last night ... Boo Hoo .... I used my thumb and forefinger with such synchronicity while being such a prolific point scorer, that I wonder why the Seahawks can't follow suit ... Boo Hoo.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hgwellz12":1nangt0z said:
Yeah, who is the guy next to tjack holding the football in your avatar, Siouxhawk? Because it can't be you. If you're not one of Bevell's immediate relatives then it's pretty scary. You defend even the most BLATANT problems/traits of DBevell. It's creepy, holmes.
If you find creepy supporting one of the architects of the greatest era in Hawks history, guilty as charged. :les:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Head football coach at Sidney Lanier High School in Montgomery, Ala.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Of course it is. And more often than not, I've been proven correct.

cymatica

Reaction score
No one wants Madden stats, but that is the only way you can defend the offense, by creating strawman arguments.

How about common sense playcalling? How about moving the chains against a not top 5 defense?

cymatica

Reaction score
And you can't blame playcalling on the o-line. Bevell and Cable have been married in this offense for some time, same qb 5yrs, damn good skill players, and know exactly what this o-line has been. No excuse to not have some way to move the chains. The playcalling was atrocious at times.

sdog1981

Reaction score
An offense with the same HC/OC/QB for 6 seasons should run like the Packers offense did today. They were getting pressured Rodgers was getting hit a lot. BUT the team just kept 3-5 yards at a time with quick passes they eventually wore the superior defense out. I don't want a Rams or Broncos offense score just for the sake of scoring offense. This team needs an offense that gets first downs and put together drives to keep the defense fresh.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":75s1l5cg said:
Crickets at another attempt at comedy.
Hot reads and safety outlet plays to Graham, Carson and Douggy today for those of you dozing.

Wow. I'm going to wait until Matty does his analysis and see what he finds to say anything definitively because I don't want to be talking out of my ass, but I'm pretty sure he's correct about the overall trends in the game. I've been listening to his podcast for a few months and he doesn't single out Bevell repeatedly or anything that would suggest to me he's biased against the guy. Purely Xs and Os analysis.

Honestly, if it were true that these hot reads were available, then are you implying that Russ wasn't seeing them? He didn't have much time in the pocket, but he had enough to check down to a hotroute on most of his dropbacks, if such an option were readily available as you claim. I can think of one time Lacy was wide open releasing into the flat but I'm not sure Russ targeted him, not that it mattered because the pass was batted down. Another time he did hit Carson for a first. I'll give you those two off the top of my head.

I'm sure there will be plenty of Bevell threads in the coming season, but I want to say I have nothing against the guy that makes me hate him irrationally, but I definitely think we can do better and that there has been a consistent failure to adapt to our garbage OL. Who? I don't know to be honest. Someone from the Scott Linehan tree would be exciting. I'm sure we'll talk about this at length in the future haha.

sdog1981

Reaction score
adeltaY":1222b68d said:
but I definitely think we can do better and that there has been a consistent failure to adapt to our garbage OL. Who?

I was thinking Russ Grimm from the Titans they have a power running attack with a mobile QB. They also had the NFL's most efficient red zone offense. Mark Mangino would also be an interesting hire he was the OC for Oklahoma's last NC in 2000 with a short QB Josh Heupel he also was the HC when Kansas won the Orange Bowl with Todd Reese who was 5' 11". The problem with Mangino is he loves to throw the ball around too much. Joe Philbin would be a good get too, he has extensive work as an Oline coach with a penchant for developing linemen. Jake Peetz the Raiders QB coaching would be interesting and is looking for an OC gig.