Ethan Pocic

seabowl

Reaction score
How in the world is Pocic not good enough to start on this line?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Ifedi played alright. Part of it was who he was facing. Odhiambo was an obvious weak link, but Glowinski and Joeckel had their share of struggles too.

Pocic doesn't have a lot of experience outside of center, which made this such a curious pick. He started one game at RT in the last two years. He played right guard three years ago. He has no experience on the left side of the line.

I think they should give him a shot a LT just to see what he can do. After a couple games, he should be blocking better than Odhiambo.

London12

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3dsj4nfn said:
hawknation2017":3dsj4nfn said:
Ifedi played alright.

I thought he was awful and the weakest link on the line.

NFL UK was actually making fun of him. I'd have laughed if I wasn't already crying.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
lfedi was not alright... as a matter a fact he was downright awful as expected. Now I don't know how pocic would play but at this point anything is better than what I saw yesterday

Foghawk

Reaction score
xStickybudz":5flj8byg said:
lfedi was not alright... as a matter a fact he was downright awful as expected. Now I don't know how pocic would play but at this point anything is better than what I saw yesterday

But Cable said we weren't going to move guys around like last season, he learned his lesson. :lol:

hawknation2017

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1xiffvd3 said:
hawknation2017":1xiffvd3 said:
Ifedi played alright.

I thought he was awful and the weakest link on the line.

Nah, Ifedi held up alright. Clay Matthews did basically nothing against him all game long.

Odiahmbo, on the other side, was blitzkrieged. Mike Daniels made Joeckel look pretty bad too.

LT REES ODHIAMBO, 29.8 OVERALL GRADE
It was a tough day for Odhiambo, who is replacing George Fant in the lineup after a preseason injury sent Fant to IR. Lining up for much of the game against experienced pass-rusher Nick Perry, Odhiambo surrendered 1 sack, 2 QB hits, and 3 QB hurries as the passing game struggled to get in to a rhythm for the majority of the game.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/r ... eahawks-9/

hawknation2017

Reaction score
xStickybudz":1zm3arv6 said:

What did Clay Matthews do against Ifedi?

Seymour

Reaction score
Foghawk":2j2fyram said:
xStickybudz":2j2fyram said:

But Cable said we weren't going to move guys around like last season, he learned his lesson. :lol:

Then he should learn to evaluate talent and get it right the first time. Even the second or 3rd time would be refreshing.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":dcatuuot said:
Foghawk":dcatuuot said:
xStickybudz":dcatuuot said:

Then he should learn to evaluate talent and get it right the first time. Even the second or 3rd time would be refreshing.

Cable has some say, but Schneider and Carroll pick the players. I think they should have picked more players, signed better veteran free agents, and/or re-signed James Carpenter and Russell Okung. We are spending much less on offensive linemen than any other team.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2017":f639rgz8 said:
Seymour":f639rgz8 said:
Foghawk":f639rgz8 said:
xStickybudz":f639rgz8 said:

Cable has some say, but Schneider and Carroll pick the players. I think they should have picked more players, signed better veteran free agents, and/or re-signed James Carpenter and Russell Okung. We are spending much less on offensive linemen than any other team.

BS.
We've been over and over this time and time again. Do some research. Cable picks his players, and has more say than anyone who plays for him.

massari

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1e9b7zh0 said:
Seymour":1e9b7zh0 said:
Foghawk":1e9b7zh0 said:
xStickybudz":1e9b7zh0 said:

It might say something that in 2013 and 2014, the Seahawks had one of the higher paid O-lines in the league and were still ranked around 20th overall.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":3nk6rxf3 said:
hawknation2017":3nk6rxf3 said:
Seymour":3nk6rxf3 said:
Foghawk":3nk6rxf3 said:

BS.
We've been over and over this time and time again. Do some research. Cable picks his players, and has more say than anyone who plays for him.

Link?

Also, what do you mean Cable has more say than anyone who plays for him?

pugs1

Reaction score
hawknation2017":295542lu said:
Seymour":295542lu said:
Foghawk":295542lu said:
xStickybudz":295542lu said:

So who do we give up? Spending more on the OL means we have to let some others go. Average OLineman are getting paid a kings ransom.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Upon re-watching the game, I counted just one pressure yielded by Ifedi.

On the left side of the defense, Clay Matthews had zero sacks, QB hits, or tackles for loss.

I readily admit this had more to do with Clay Matthews' regression as a player than it did with Ifedi's play at RT. But Ifedi was OK. Even on the couple plays when Nick Perry was rushing from the left side, Ifedi held up alright.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
pugs1":2zlp3n1q said:
hawknation2017":2zlp3n1q said:
Seymour":2zlp3n1q said:
Foghawk":2zlp3n1q said:

So who do we give up? Spending more on the OL means we have to let some others go. Average OLineman are getting paid a kings ransom.

I think they have to choose between paying high-priced veterans or drafting more heavily at the position group. As it stands, they are doing neither.

In this last draft, for example, they could have selected LT Cam Robinson and RT Taylor Moton.