Lane or Griffin?

• Lane

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Griffin

Votes: 69 92.0%

• Total voters

seabowl

Reaction score
I would rather see Griffin start over Lane.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Griffin

I felt like he was really good for the first game. He handled his business against the very best the NFL has to offer in Rodgers. Griffin is clearly the future. Getting him developed is paramount this year.

The next few weeks look like great opportunities to get him more experience without too much risk.

Lane is still good IMO. Especially in the slot. If Griffin can move Lane to his natural position, that greatly solidifies our secondary.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
If he continues to play as he did yesterday, I'd take Shaq every time.

He's plenty quick and fast, kept everything in front of him, had some passes defended, and got his head around. And that was against one of the most prolific passer/receiver corps in the league.

mistaowen

Reaction score
First game in the NFL against a top QB who has shown he will avoid Richard Sherman's area. I thought he played very well, Packers do a good job isolating players to get favorable 1 on 1's for their WR's like Jordy. Shaq tracks the ball and was in position to tackle on nearly impossible to defend 5 yard routes. Yesterday was the definition of being thrown into the blender, he should continue to develop/grow against lesser offenses.

Foghawk

Reaction score
In his first NFL start, Griffin played better than a lot of veteran starters in the league are capable of. He needs to be the RCB now so he can hone his skills throughout the season IMO.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Both? The Seahawks are in nickel 60% of the time. i.e. they play with 2 linebackers and 3 cornerbacks.

RussB

Reaction score
100% griffin. He had to play hist first NFL game against jordy nelson with aaron rodgers throwing to him and he held his own and actually made plays. Lane would have probably been torched on that go route that griffin shut down. He has speed and can cover, something lane cant do.

I also liked that coleman guy i think he was playing the slot and i though he did pretty well to be honest better than lane too. Lane being sent off was probably a blessing in disguise because now the coaching staff will probably see he doesnt deserve his role. I really liked the combo of griffin and coleman on the left side.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":25984qc5 said:
Griffin

I felt like he was really good for the first game. He handled his business against the very best the NFL has to offer in Rodgers. Griffin is clearly the future. Getting him developed is paramount this year.

The next few weeks look like great opportunities to get him more experience without too much risk.

Lane is still good IMO. Especially in the slot. If Griffin can move Lane to his natural position, that greatly solidifies our secondary.

Ya I think Lane in the slot and Griffin outside overall makes us better

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Lane getting ejected actually helped our defense imo. Lane has become a liability, and Rodgers was looking his way early yesterday. Griffin definitely deserves to start over Lane.

KillerB

Reaction score
Lane getting tossed for a non-existent punch was nonsense. But in the brief time prior to that Lane was...not good.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Griffin all the way. Kid was a total baller, and is the first player in many years that looked like a LOBer

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Griffin to start, Lane in the nickel. Griffin already looks to be our best corner on that side since Maxwell. He'll still make mistakes and has much growth, but the talent is evident.

Reaction score
That had to be one the best first game of any Seahawk rookie I've seen, especially considering it was Rodgers and his gang and the kid more than held his own. Even more impressive, he got better as the game progressed, in spite of Rodgers gunning for him, many rookies would have looked lost and got burnt, Griffin did not.
By the end of the season this version of the LOB could be the best yet.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
Griffin had a pretty good game, but he also had some pretty big mistakes. He got turned around a few times in coverage, and I saw playing man when everyone else was in zone at least once.

Griffin is probably our best option today, and he gets my vote to start. But if he does, we should expect some growing pains.

netskier

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":g67q19t5 said:
Griffin

I agree. And, now we have two decent slot defenders in case we want to play dime against two quick slot receivers. Good development.