R-E-L-A-X

Canhawks

Reaction score
Wow I can't believe all the negativity here.This was the toughest game on the sced,wasn't expecting a 16-0 season.D played great and the O had hopefully their worst game of the season.Now if we lose to the 49ers that's another story,but that ain't gonna happen.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
This team always starts slow, I still say we finish being either the first or second seed. I just don't buy that other teams will give us as hard a time as the Packers. Pete usually uses the first few weeks to establish the playoff identity of this team

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Canhawks":2gvj0ley said:
Wow I can't believe all the negativity here.This was the toughest game on the sced,wasn't expecting a 16-0 season.D played great and the O had hopefully their worst game of the season.Now if we lose to the 49ers that's anothe story,but that ain't gonna happen.
I don't think it's that they lost but how they lost. The offense was SO bad!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Good sensible post. The fanbase can be in a tizzy as is accustomed, but cooler heads realize that it's just one game, we had some bad breaks from the officials and we have to find a running game aside from Russell. It's reassuring that we've been here before, adjusted and went on to have a solid season. We'll do it again.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
My only frustration is that the game was winnable, and the Hawks didn't do enough to win. Sure, the refs didn't help, but the game was right there for them.

Defense is better than I thought it would be. Time for the offense to contribute a bit. Had they been even average yesterday, Seattle wins that going away.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, people choose to freak out. They had no business losing that game yesterday. Learn from it and move on.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Canhawks":3ct40yh8 said:
Wow I can't believe all the negativity here.This was the toughest game on the sced,wasn't expecting a 16-0 season.D played great and the O had hopefully their worst game of the season.Now if we lose to the 49ers that's another story,but that ain't gonna happen.

Hopefully the O had it's worst game of the season. Hopefully. Is there much evidence from the previous two seasons to support that hope or is more same ol' same ol'? I guess we'll find out.

Jville

Reaction score
The longer football forum behavior is observed, the more convincing it becomes that the most reactionary of fans are operating a series of pure emotional outbursts.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, everyone deals w/it their own way. Acting like the season is over after one game is hilarious, just my own opinion.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":6ptksmd2 said:
My only frustration is that the game was winnable, and the Hawks didn't do enough to win. Sure, the refs didn't help, but the game was right there for them.

Defense is better than I thought it would be. Time for the offense to contribute a bit. Had they been even average yesterday, Seattle wins that going away.

Almost verbatim as to what I said to my buddies at halftime, that yes I kinda already chalked this game up as a loss when the schedule came out.......cause Lambeau and Rodgers are VERY hard to beat at home, especially 1st game of the season.

But 3-0 at halftime? All we needed was a LITTLE bit of functioning offense, and just couldn't get it done. Very frustrating to watch.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
4 plays that stand out in this game that were huge in the outcome.

1. The crap calls on the Pick 6
2. Graham being mugged in the back of the end zone.
3. The fumble on the 4 yard line
4. Missed sure TD to Lockett down the sideline.

As bad as the O looked, they clearly should have won that game.

Rat

Reaction score
Jville":1cbrzwlh said:
The longer football forum behavior is observed, the more convincing it becomes that the most reactionary of fans are operating on o\just a series of pure emotional outbursts.

Congrats on being better.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Maybe we should consider a logical explanation to why we need to relax:

In the season-record prediction thread, most had the Hawks going 11-5 or 12-4. It certainly is not surprising that Green Bay and Atlanta are the toughest teams on our schedule. I'd say Week 1 was the toughest as it was on the road.

OK, so most of us expected that we'd lose 4 or 5 games, so when you think logically, reason has it that Green Bay would be one of those defeats. That's big picture.

I'm still holding to us being 12-4 and locking up the wild card bye. We have a talented team and coaching staff and we'll get it done.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I think the problem is this is a super bowl or bust season..... We know we can't win on the road in the playoffs.... We just gave GB a 2 game advantage in the race.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2nqmnk3z said:

In the season-record prediction thread, most had the Hawks going 11-5 or 12-4. It certainly is not surprising that Green Bay and Atlanta are the toughest teams on our schedule. I'd say Week 1 was the toughest as it was on the road.

OK, so most of us expected that we'd lose 4 or 5 games, so when you think logically, reason has it that Green Bay would be one of those defeats. That's big picture.

I'm still holding to us being 12-4 and locking up the wild card bye. We have a talented team and coaching staff and we'll get it done.

Just curious, if you were Bengals fan and you had expected them to lose to the Ravens, would you still feel good about them after getting shut out?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":2w2yqi77 said:
Siouxhawk":2w2yqi77 said:

Just curious, if you were Bengals fan and you had expected them to lose to the Ravens, would you still feel good about them after getting shut out?
I actually had expected the Bengals to win and bet that way, so I'm not happy and I'm sure their fans aren't either. I would say that loss would sting more because it was at home and against a division opponent. But sure, it's still one game and I don't think the Ravens will win that division.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3gn9qnq3 said:

Sadly we have a 12-4 defense and QB but are still playing with a 10-6 OL. I was hoping this year they'd look better but its more of the same. Likely struggle to a 5-4 start then catch fire once the OL finally gets its act together and finish with a 10-6 record and a playoff spot as the 4 or 5 seed.

While I'm not the type to over-react, this team looks pretty familiar to those before it. I'm still hopeful things will improve on O, but its the same story year in and year out. A potentially great team held back by a woeful OL. Not sure how to fix it as I doubt the knee jerk "FIre Tom Cable" approach is clearly the fix.

On a bright note, I was impressed with run defense, Earl Thomas and Shaq Griffin. I thought Carson looked good for a rookie and may be our starting tailback by year end.

On a less bright note, the Rams may finally have a coaching staff. Lets hope the Colts are just that bad.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think the reason I got so upset, is it started with One Thing, then there was Another Thing, followed by Yet Another Thing, So On and So Forth. It was all bullshit

1. 3 passes to start the game

2. Interception run back for Touchdown! Followed by taking it away with 2 bogus penalties

3. Eddie Lacy looks like absolute dogshit

4. Offensive Line continues to BLOW

5. More of the same

If they had just lost, without all of this GARBAGE, I probably could have accepted it. But OMG the continuous BS in that game just drove me crazy!

Latest posts