Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

So when does RW start to take the reigns on this offense?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Just like the title says.

When does RW tell DB to shut up and take command of this offense?
    "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
    Ace_Rimmer
    NET Veteran

• "Reins"

;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• In my opinion he has to do a power move and talk to Paul Allen to accomplish this. This will only succeed if he hasn't been David Carr'd due to OL neglect
    FIRE CABLE to SAVE RUSSELL!
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

• Seriously russ won't make it through this season with this line
    xStickybudz
    NET Starter

• Don't understand the question. Bev has been working with Russ to take command of the offense and check into an audible if he detects something we could exploit on defense.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• Ace_Rimmer wrote:Just like the title says.

Never.
    RW is too compliant, and that is not in his DNA.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• sutz wrote:"Reins"

;)

Thanks Rolan....I mean Sutz!
    Ace_Rimmer
    NET Veteran

• Siouxhawk wrote:Don't understand the question. Bev has been working with Russ to take command of the offense and check into an audible if he detects something we could exploit on defense.

Really???

So him running for his life is all his doing? Highly doubtful!

Like someone else mentioned, Russ needs to make a power move and have more of a say into this offense, because the current situation is not working.

I don't have to remind you what the definition of insanity is do I?
    Ace_Rimmer
    NET Veteran

• Where are the check-downs and dink and dunk type throws? It seems to me that when an aggressive D gets after our offense we end up taking a sack. All of our plays are too long developing for this "offensive" line!
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Rookie

• Wilson needs to stop being so nice and go full heel. Start calling out cable and bevell in pressers, ignoring his plays and calling his own plays in the huddle etc.

Hes too damn nice.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• ludakrishna wrote:In my opinion he has to do a power move and talk to Paul Allen to accomplish this. This will only succeed if he hasn't been David Carr'd due to OL neglect

I was watching a special on ESPN about the carr brothers. And couldnt help but think that RW might end up like david carr did.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• Ace_Rimmer wrote:Just like the title says.

If you are asking, when does Russ just ignore his coaches and do whatever he wants, the answer is never.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• As I said last season - RW does not appear to possess the arrogance and confidence required of an NFL "franchise" QB.

That has come at great detriment to the team.

He should be screaming at Cable/Bevell/Pete/Front Office for this nonsense.

The O-Line has sucked for too long and it has made RW a far less capable QB mentally/physically, etc.

He may never recover his former potential.

I said it before and I stand by it.

RW might have already peaked during the Beastmode days. He might not have "it" to be the guy to lead a team to another Super Bowl.

He's slowing down. (Still quick but not nearly as elusive as he was just a couple years ago) He won't ever be any taller. And now he's carrying all the mental baggage of playing behind such a crap O-Line for the last few seasons.

This season is off to a very wobbly start.

We can turn it around with a few strong wins to follow but I know I'm not the only one worried we could just as easily come out with a couple more losses with this offense.

It really does suck. Feel bad for the D. They played their guts out yesterday.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

• I hope some of the fans don't kick little puppies today......wow
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Ace_Rimmer wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:Don't understand the question. Bev has been working with Russ to take command of the offense and check into an audible if he detects something we could exploit on defense.

Really???

So him running for his life is all his doing? Highly doubtful!

Like someone else mentioned, Russ needs to make a power move and have more of a say into this offense, because the current situation is not working.

I don't have to remind you what the definition of insanity is do I?

What is he supposed to do to provide protection that the line isn't giving him? Like I said, he could check into another play if he felt he could exploit a defensive look. Perhaps he has been doing that. But in any event, they are endeavoring to make that a part of his game.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• Where is Paul Allen anyway? It's past time for the owner to get involved. He wouldn't have put up with constant failure like this at Microsoft.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• brimsalabim wrote:Where is Paul Allen anyway? It's past time for the owner to get involved. He wouldn't have put up with constant failure like this at Microsoft.

"Constant failure?" A reminder is in order to you that we win 70 percent of our games the last 5 years.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• If this is constant failure, I can't wait to see success :lol:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• IR by week 5 if the o line continue to look like runny dog shit...then the thread title will include the name Austin Davis.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:If this is constant failure, I can't wait to see success :lol:

The only success I see occurred in the 2013 season. Patriots have seen success in 2 of the last 3 years. They actually have a coach that holds people accountable. After the Pats were manhandled by the Donkos in the championship game, Belichick fired the OL coach. Last year they won the SB. I will always admire a coach like him whose only goal is to win the SB with no loyalty to anyone but the owner.
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

• ludakrishna wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:If this is constant failure, I can't wait to see success :lol:

The only success I see occurred in the 2013 season. Patriots have seen success in 2 of the last 3 years. They actually have a coach that holds people accountable. After the Pats were manhandled by the Donkos in the championship game, Belichick fired the OL coach. Last year they won the SB. I will always admire a coach like him whose only goal is to win the SB with no loyalty to anyone but the owner.

So there's no success attributed to making the Super Bowl in 2014? Interesting.
    Patriots brought back Scarnecchia, who was very familiar with the team and them of him. It's not like it was a reach of a move.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• Siouxhawk wrote:
    ludakrishna wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:If this is constant failure, I can't wait to see success :lol:

Patriots brought back Scarnecchia, who was very familiar with the team and them of him. It's not like it was a reach of a move.

Success is measured with trophies. I have no interest in being satisfied with postseason appearances. Even if they brought back an old face, at least it showed the coaching staff that their job is not safe. In recent time, when has PC held a coach responsible? Right when Jeremy Bates figured it out, he was let go. Jeremy Bates would thrive with his 3rd and inches fade call to Jimmy Graham with the current personnel.
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

• Russell is too nice of a guy to call out Darrell Bevell.
    "Go Hawks"
    Geologic
    NET Veteran

• The Pats are great, yes. But they won back to back Super Bowls largely on horrific calls by their opponent at the end of the game. And 2 others by a field goal.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Geologic wrote:Russell is too nice of a guy to call out Darrell Bevell.

Or there's no reason to call him out.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• As much as I don't like Bevell as the OC, with THAT O-Line, not a lot to work with. It's more his play calling that drives me nuts.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• ludakrishna wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:
    ludakrishna wrote:

Success is measured with trophies. I have no interest in being satisfied with postseason appearances. Even if they brought back an old face, at least it showed the coaching staff that their job is not safe. In recent time, when has PC held a coach responsible? Right when Jeremy Bates figured it out, he was let go. Jeremy Bates would thrive with his 3rd and inches fade call to Jimmy Graham with the current personnel.

I believe Sherman Smith was just let go a year ago. And neither you or I has an idea of what coaching staff meetings are like. I'm sure they're held accountable every week. And another thing you don't know is how much influence Pete has on running things a certain way so that the coaches don't stray. In that case, the buck stops at the top. Which I'm fine with because I believe Pete has a solid plan.
    But this dramatic BS that some of you espouse is just comical. It's not how the NFL works, except for maybe Snyder and the Redskins, but how has that worked for them?
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:
    Ace_Rimmer wrote:Just like the title says.

If you are asking, when does Russ just ignore his coaches and do whatever he wants, the answer is never.

:ditto: He does as the coaching staff asks, he's not going to go rogue and call plays outside what Bevell calls, outside of an audible.

Who knows what goes on behind the scenes, but the day Wilson throws anybody under the bus to the press will be the day pigs fly. Or the Browns win the superbowl. Both will never happen
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• semiahmoo wrote:As I said last season - RW does not appear to possess the arrogance and confidence required of an NFL "franchise" QB.

That has come at great detriment to the team.

He should be screaming at Cable/Bevell/Pete/Front Office for this nonsense.

The O-Line has sucked for too long and it has made RW a far less capable QB mentally/physically, etc.

He may never recover his former potential.

I said it before and I stand by it.

RW might have already peaked during the Beastmode days. He might not have "it" to be the guy to lead a team to another Super Bowl.

He's slowing down. (Still quick but not nearly as elusive as he was just a couple years ago) He won't ever be any taller. And now he's carrying all the mental baggage of playing behind such a crap O-Line for the last few seasons.

This season is off to a very wobbly start.

We can turn it around with a few strong wins to follow but I know I'm not the only one worried we could just as easily come out with a couple more losses with this offense.

It really does suck. Feel bad for the D. They played their guts out yesterday.

I remember many years ago when Peyton Manning was in his prime in Indy there were times his O-Line was terrible or receivers weren't up to snuff he was very straightforward with the front office about telling them that, "Hey, I want better O-Linemen or receivers." That'd be done through the draft or making a splash through Free Agency. Manning got whatever he wanted and rightfully so.

Wilson needs to do that. He needs to tell the Front Office and demand players on the O-Line.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Starter

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:58 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information