So when does RW start to take the reigns on this offense?

ludakrishna

Reaction score
In my opinion he has to do a power move and talk to Paul Allen to accomplish this. This will only succeed if he hasn't been David Carr'd due to OL neglect

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Don't understand the question. Bev has been working with Russ to take command of the offense and check into an audible if he detects something we could exploit on defense.

Seymour

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":1ccmg3zp said:
Just like the title says.

When does RW tell DB to shut up and take command of this offense?

Never.
RW is too compliant, and that is not in his DNA.

OP
OP
Boycie

Boycie

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":s3ml43cc said:
Don't understand the question. Bev has been working with Russ to take command of the offense and check into an audible if he detects something we could exploit on defense.

Really???

So him running for his life is all his doing? Highly doubtful!

Like someone else mentioned, Russ needs to make a power move and have more of a say into this offense, because the current situation is not working.

I don't have to remind you what the definition of insanity is do I?

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Where are the check-downs and dink and dunk type throws? It seems to me that when an aggressive D gets after our offense we end up taking a sack. All of our plays are too long developing for this "offensive" line!

RussB

Reaction score
Wilson needs to stop being so nice and go full heel. Start calling out cable and bevell in pressers, ignoring his plays and calling his own plays in the huddle etc.

Hes too damn nice.

RussB

Reaction score
ludakrishna":1ps64kl4 said:
In my opinion he has to do a power move and talk to Paul Allen to accomplish this. This will only succeed if he hasn't been David Carr'd due to OL neglect
I was watching a special on ESPN about the carr brothers. And couldnt help but think that RW might end up like david carr did.

Chapow

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":239umtqi said:
Just like the title says.

When does RW tell DB to shut up and take command of this offense?

If you are asking, when does Russ just ignore his coaches and do whatever he wants, the answer is never.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
As I said last season - RW does not appear to possess the arrogance and confidence required of an NFL "franchise" QB.

That has come at great detriment to the team.

He should be screaming at Cable/Bevell/Pete/Front Office for this nonsense.

The O-Line has sucked for too long and it has made RW a far less capable QB mentally/physically, etc.

He may never recover his former potential.

I said it before and I stand by it.

RW might have already peaked during the Beastmode days. He might not have "it" to be the guy to lead a team to another Super Bowl.

He's slowing down. (Still quick but not nearly as elusive as he was just a couple years ago) He won't ever be any taller. And now he's carrying all the mental baggage of playing behind such a crap O-Line for the last few seasons.

This season is off to a very wobbly start.

We can turn it around with a few strong wins to follow but I know I'm not the only one worried we could just as easily come out with a couple more losses with this offense.

It really does suck. Feel bad for the D. They played their guts out yesterday.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":kjvgbnt8 said:
Siouxhawk":kjvgbnt8 said:

Really???

So him running for his life is all his doing? Highly doubtful!

Like someone else mentioned, Russ needs to make a power move and have more of a say into this offense, because the current situation is not working.

I don't have to remind you what the definition of insanity is do I?
What is he supposed to do to provide protection that the line isn't giving him? Like I said, he could check into another play if he felt he could exploit a defensive look. Perhaps he has been doing that. But in any event, they are endeavoring to make that a part of his game.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Where is Paul Allen anyway? It's past time for the owner to get involved. He wouldn't have put up with constant failure like this at Microsoft.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1q6wx3z6 said:
Where is Paul Allen anyway? It's past time for the owner to get involved. He wouldn't have put up with constant failure like this at Microsoft.
"Constant failure?" A reminder is in order to you that we win 70 percent of our games the last 5 years.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
IR by week 5 if the o line continue to look like runny dog shit...then the thread title will include the name Austin Davis.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":7qpspevl said:
If this is constant failure, I can't wait to see success :lol:

The only success I see occurred in the 2013 season. Patriots have seen success in 2 of the last 3 years. They actually have a coach that holds people accountable. After the Pats were manhandled by the Donkos in the championship game, Belichick fired the OL coach. Last year they won the SB. I will always admire a coach like him whose only goal is to win the SB with no loyalty to anyone but the owner.