Underwelmed with the Dline

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Jesus, Bennett, Avril, Richardson, Clark should be impossible to stop, but frankly they were pretty average. The 4 sacks I would say 3 of them were coverage sacks.

I know that the refs never call GB for holding but come on man. They had just as many questions on the oline as we did. But they held up....against a far superior unit....

UGHHHH

Rat

Reaction score
I must have been watching a different game, because I thought they were great.

2_0_6

Reaction score
gowazzu02":by490jl8 said:
Jesus, Bennett, Avril, Richardson, Clark should be impossible to stop, but frankly they were pretty average. The 4 sacks I would say 3 of them were coverage sacks.

I know that the refs never call GB for holding but come on man. They had just as many questions on the oline as we did. But they held up....against a far superior unit....

UGHHHH

Are you blind? Rodgers had constant pressure all around him for 3 quarters and in the 4th the defense was simply gassed.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2qpqa4oh said:
gowazzu02":2qpqa4oh said:

UGHHHH

Are you blind? Rodgers had constant pressure all around him for 3 quarters and in the 4th the defense was simply gassed.

I stand by my statement, 3 of the 4 sacks were coverage, rodgers moving around in the pocket and they got him. Look at what Mike Daniels did to our line. Thats how you dominate.

Steve2222

Reaction score
DL hit, sacked, or hurried Rodgers on I believe like 70% of drop backs. There's a reason Rodgers is the best QB in league. He's a magician in the pocket, had a quick release, and the Packers designed quick 2 step drop back quick hitting pass routes to counteract the Seahawks pressure. You know, things that competent offensive minds do? Why Bevell didn't go to the same strategy who knows.

Our DL played amazing yesterday.

kidhawk

Reaction score
The defense (every part of it) is completely off my radar as far as any blame goes, and I believe they played a phenomenal game against a pretty good offense and a really good quarterback. The only 2 TDs they gave up were 1) offense gave up the ball on about the 5 yard line & 2) Defense caught off guard trying to swap out players.

As far as I'm concerned, the defense did their jobs and proved that they will be a force to be reckoned with.

as an aside to this thread, I'd like to add that I think special teams played a pretty good game today too.

RussB

Reaction score
I thought they did pretty good to be honest. Sheldons first game as a seahawk, their first time really playing together. They sacked aaron 4 times which is pretty hard to do. I saw pressure, you just have to know that even with pressure rodgers will still find ways to beat you. Also not to mention they have one of the best o lines in the league.

They will continue to get better

mistaowen

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is one of the most elusive pocket QBs in the NFL. He was under constant pressure and relied on quick hitters to beat the pressure and his only big pass was on a gimmick 12-man on the field penalty. Defense was terrific.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Yes, the DL recorded four sacks while allowing 28 carries for 84 yards. That's good for a 3.0 YPC average.

Just terrible.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not many D-lines can make Aaron Rodgers look mortal for three quarters before being exhausted cause our offense was terrible.

In fact, it was THE most encouraging thing I took away from the game yesterday.............this D-line is nasty.

ptisme

Reaction score
I must have watched a different game.... I thought Rogers was going to get knocked out of the game for a while... Glad it's over...

2_0_6

Reaction score
gowazzu02":vmg5jq18 said:
Hawk_Nation":vmg5jq18 said:
gowazzu02":vmg5jq18 said:

UGHHHH

I stand by my statement, 3 of the 4 sacks were coverage, rodgers moving around in the pocket and they got him. Look at what Mike Daniels did to our line. Thats how you dominate.

One guy who runs through a swiss cheese O-line is dominating but getting constant pressure on one of the most elusive QB's in the game with a solid Oline is not?

Twisted Logic

IrishNW

Reaction score
Our D-line dominated the packers o-line. The difference is that the packers STILL could move the ball without a running game and great pass protection. something we seem unable to do. If everything not perfect for us we fall apart.

ptisme

Reaction score
IrishNW":12ts91k8 said:
Our D-line dominated the packers o-line. The difference is that the packers STILL could move the ball without a running game and great pass protection. something we seem unable to do. If everything not perfect for us we fall apart.
It was a battle between an all time great QB and an all time great defense... The QB won this one at home... In Seattle with that crowd noise it probably goes the other way...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Rodgers was shut out AT HOME in the first half. He had a "drive" of 4 yards. Other than that, they scored 10 points all day. Not sure how anyone can be unhappy w/the D.

12thbrah

Reaction score
The defense was on the field for 40 min and held the "vaunted" Packers offense to only 17 points and 0 at halftime. What more could you want from that group?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I too thought they played great, but they need to be more composed so they don't jump offsides and give the opponent a free play. Rodgers is the best in the business at using voice inflection and capitalizing on those freebies, so I feel safe that won't haunt us as much in the future.

ptisme

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":wsnqzvro said:
I too thought they played great, but they need to be more composed so they don't jump offsides and give the opponent a free play. Rodgers is the best in the business at using voice inflection and capitalizing on those freebies, so I feel safe that won't haunt us as much in the future.
I actaully thought jumping only once against Rodgers in the first game showed pretty good discipline on Seattles part...

mrt144

Reaction score
gowazzu02":qtapfxge said:

UGHHHH

1. Our D Line was in fact good: 4 sacks, 3 YPC, an INT.
2. Their O line did not have as many questions at O line as us. The only way you could believe this is to avoid a reckoning that our O line sucks.