I think they should trade graham

RussB

Reaction score
Not hating on him or anything i like him as a player i think hes really good. But to me these past few years it just kind of feels like he doesnt really fit the offense, hes had some big games. But i think they could really do without him ,the o line is basically a disaster in shambles and they could get a good lineman for graham.

He really just hasnt been a big difference maker for them is the truth, and they can get by without him. What good is graham if russ never has time to throw? Graham had a bad game yesterday and i honestly saw no difference than most of the games he plays he just isnt that dude for the seahawks and if he were to get traded they could still do well with the weapons on offense. They should trade him for a lineman before its too late.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I said in another thread, Jimmy shrinks in the big games. I said it when he was on NO and it's stayed the same here in Seattle. When the pressure builds and the lights are the brightest he shrinks.

He'll now go drop 100 yards and 2 tds in the second half vs the niners when were already up 3 scores....

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Yes, please get Jimmy's $10M salary off the books so we can sink it into another Luke Joeckel.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
gowazzu02":lg4on78q said:
I said in another thread, Jimmy shrinks in the big games. I said it when he was on NO and it's stayed the same here in Seattle. When the pressure builds and the lights are the brightest he shrinks.

He'll now go drop 100 yards and 2 tds in the second half vs the niners when were already up 3 scores....
Hes a big time talent, but hes just not that dude for them. I just dont see the chemistry and huge difference he was supposed to make. He gets doubled but so what, russ never gets time to find anyone else anyway.

They really can trade a guy like graham for a good lineman and to me that would benefit the team alot more, they made 2 superbowl runs with no graham. If getting rid of him means getting some much needed protection im all for it, i just wonder if they are even considering this im sure they have thought about it at some point. I mean they have to see the o line is a glaring disaster.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I still think they need to move him to the WR role and get a TE that actually blocks.

Seymour

Reaction score
RussB":1bq7akoy said:
gowazzu02":1bq7akoy said:

Hes a big time talent, but hes just not that dude for them. I just dont see the chemistry and huge difference he was supposed to make. He gets doubled but so what, russ never gets time to find anyone else anyway.

They really can trade a guy like graham for a good lineman and to me that would benefit the team alot more, they made 2 superbowl runs with no graham. If getting rid of him means getting some much needed protection im all for it, i just wonder if they are even considering this im sure they have thought about it at some point. I mean they have to see the o line is a glaring disaster.

That right there is the elephant in the room.

It wasn't until Sunday afternoon that they knew the oline was that bad.

This happens year after year, and is such a coaching red flag it's almost comical.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm not ready to give up on Graham, he's too talented.

But yesterday was probably the worst game he's had since we traded for him. Awful blocking, terrible route running and that drop on a crucial 3rd down where we DESPERATELY needed to convert to keep the defense off the field and potentially get even a shred of offensive momentum going?

Brutal.

cymatica

Reaction score
I would rather see Cable or Bevell go first. He is horribly misused, with a few exceptions. Part of that is scheme, part is oline. We've only seen stagnation in both areas

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3spqgcqm said:
I still think they need to move him to the WR role and get a TE that actually blocks.

THIS. Should have done it a long time ago.

I am a big believer in Graham's talent but as others have said, he just doesn't seem to be clicking w/the Hawks/RW.

To be utilizing him as a blocker is ridiculous. Always has been.

I hate to think trade but it's an option I'm willing to consider if we get something for him.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2bx8musi said:

But yesterday was probably the worst game he's had since we traded for him. Awful blocking, terrible route running and that drop on a crucial 3rd down where we DESPERATELY needed to convert to keep the defense off the field and potentially get even a shred of offensive momentum going?

Brutal.
Hes super talented, but that talent hasnt been used on this team to his full potential and probably never will be. There is no protection at all, and graham has been misused alot of the time even when there is some time to target him. Whats the point of keeping him around then?

The fact that he is such a big talent is why some team might be willing to give up an elite tackle for him, if a trade like that happens and graham has to go. Id be really happy as a fan to see wilson get some damn protection, the franchise QB is alot more important than a tight end that gets misused anyway.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
The thing I don't understand about the treatment of TEs on this team is that PC obviously wants a TE like Zach Miller... so why not get one? No need to spend big money on Jimmy if you aren't going to use him. Pete is great at adapting the scheme to the talents of our defensive players. Offensively he's just can't seem to figure it out completely. One the RO stopped working we've been continually befuddled on the offensive side of the ball.

kidhawk

Reaction score
RussB":2xcikn4u said:
Sgt. Largent":2xcikn4u said:

Brutal.
Hes super talented, but that talent hasnt been used on this team to his full potential and probably never will be. There is no protection at all, and graham has been misused alot of the time even when there is some time to target him. Whats the point of keeping him around then?

The fact that he is such a big talent is why some team might be willing to give up an elite tackle for him, if a trade like that happens and graham has to go. Id be really happy as a fan to see wilson get some damn protection, the franchise QB is alot more important than a tight end that gets misused anyway.

Teams rarely trade away ELITE tackles, even for a guy like Graham. We could get some decent draft capital, which we could, in turn, use that to move up to draft an elite tackle at some point, but we aren't getting an elite tackle for Graham.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Graham looked off yesterday.

Not sure if it's physical or he's mentally checking out of an offense he and others have so little faith in.

Really need a bounce-back game to give our team some much-needed confidence or this season could start to crumble fast...

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
kidhawk":3s7dnxts said:
RussB":3s7dnxts said:
Sgt. Largent":3s7dnxts said:

Brutal.

Teams rarely trade away ELITE tackles, even for a guy like Graham. We could get some decent draft capital, which we could, in turn, use that to move up to draft an elite tackle at some point, but we aren't getting an elite tackle for Graham.
Well carroll gave up unger who is really good, its not out of the question that some team just cant resist and gives up a good lineman. Graham is that type of player, teams will be calling with big offers.

Maybe even a team like the browns who is rebuilding will give up an aging joe thomas to have graham for the future.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RussB":236s3qjm said:
Sgt. Largent":236s3qjm said:

Brutal.

If you think this, then this is a conversation to have in the off season when teams are willing to trade their "elite talent" before the draft and free agent period to fill those roster spots.

Sure as heck isn't now after the first game.

kidhawk

Reaction score
RussB":qhx1vtv8 said:
Well carroll gave up unger who is really good, its not out of the question that some team just cant resist and gives up a good lineman. Graham is that type of player, teams will be calling with big offers.

Maybe even a team like the browns who is rebuilding will give up an aging joe thomas to have graham for the future.

Unger is a Center, and he's good, but was aging out of being as good as he used to be. Also, Centers are not the same thing as an ELITE tackle (your words). Every team in the league seeks out good offensive tackles. Even parting with a good one isn't easy to do, but when you find an elite tackle, you hold onto him as long as you can.

The only scenario where a mildly intelligent GM would part with a great (or elite) tackle would be if they were in the last year of a contract and they knew he wouldn't return. Then they would only be wise to do so if they can get more return than they would by losing him and regaining a 3rd round comp pick.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
An elite tackle is a pipe dream. Let's just start with decent guard play. Did you watch Glowinski yesterday? Absolutely putrid.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":373png8y said:
An elite tackle is a pipe dream. Let's just start with decent guard play. Did you watch Glowinski yesterday? Absolutely putrid.
id be happy with a nice gaurd for graham too, anything to help our boy wilson from getting murdered this season

Latest posts