Bright side time: Carson

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Ok it's 9:45 am Monday. Ive got all my negativeness out of my system. Time to look at the positives and the future.

For all those that wanted Carson...You got it. I mean our oline was so bad Barry Sanders/Jim Browns clone couldn't really get going behind it.

But Carson (by my watching) out snapped the rest of the backs. And when he was out there he flashed a few times. Setting up one of the field goal drives with a little Marshawn like Magic.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Agreed. Carson runs hard, has good hands, and might be one to develop the "it" factor so crucial to a back churning out a few really great seasons in this league.

cymatica

Reaction score
Now let's just hope he is the starter sooner than later

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I've been beating this drum for weeks.

Lacy cannot be an effective runner behind this terrible line. He needs holes to get to the next level to run over LB's and DB's.

That sure as hell isn't this line, this line needs a quick one cut back like Carson. He's perfect.

But if I know stubborn Pete, he'll continue to start Rawls and Lacy for another 4-5 weeks until he too realizes this line sucks so hard that he needs to start Carson.

Rat

Reaction score
I thought Prosise looked pretty good too. Lacy... I don't feel comfortable judging that small sample size when it seemed like the OL got blown up on all his carries, but between the three he was able to do the least with nothing. That might be an unreasonable statement, but it also feels true.

At this point, I'm OK with any of them or Rawls being the lead back, but I don't like this everyone getting equal carries thing. It doesn't seem good for establishing a rhythm. Yesterday felt like another preseason game as far as the running backs went.