Russ needs to learn the hard count

5280Hawk

Reaction score
I hope everyone is having a good over-reaction Monday!

Seriously, I don't know why more QB's don't do what Rogers did to us yesterday with the hard snap calls. I get that he's really good at it, but is it that hard to master? Seems like we would benefit from a few more free plays from defensive off-sides calls.

Seymour

Reaction score
Russ does it from time to time. Usually you see this when they want to take a deep shot. If you only have 1.2 seconds to impact, it does no good since there is "no time for deep".

Seymour

Reaction score
brimsalabim":10mvletx said:
Most of the time he uses it our guys jump off sides.

LOL....ya, there is that too!

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Not so much the hardcount as it is learning how to change the timing of the snap. My wife who is not a hard core football fan was able to determine when the ball would be snapped. If she was able to figure it out, you know Capers knew it all game long. Can't blame the OL entirely when the DL can time their get off correctly. Russ needs to change that himself.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Seymour":25zmwk04 said:
brimsalabim":25zmwk04 said:
Most of the time he uses it our guys jump off sides.

LOL....ya, there is that too!

Totally this...our o line are not only horrible blockers they are also idiots...hard count will never happen with these degenerates without a penalty....mostly to draft bust iced. What a horrible pick this guy turned out to be..

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
It is very difficult to do a hard count when you get plays in so late. Our offense looks so lackadaisical at the LOS compared to most offenses I see in the league. Play calls get in late, and we wait until the last second at most times to snap the ball.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Our offensive doesn't even look like they practice

T-Hawk

Reaction score
I seem to remember a hard count being used successfully on a certain 4th and 7 play that got us to the Super Bowl.

Russ can do the hard count, like others mentioned, I think it's more about not trusting our O-line to not jump.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
T-Hawk":yv1pgxcs said:
I seem to remember a hard count being used successfully on a certain 4th and 7 play that got us to the Super Bowl.

Russ can do the hard count, like others mentioned, I think it's more about not trusting our O-line to not jump.
Different o line back then...

chris98251

Reaction score
D line is looking ion end zone at clock knowing as it winds down and gets to 1 that the snap is the next in his cadence.