Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seahawks Just Won The Division

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Seahawks Just Won The Division
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:49 am
  • It's being reported that the Cardinals David Johnson is likely to go on IR and out for the year. HUGE blow to what was our only true competition in the division.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: Seahawks Just Won The Division
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:51 am
  • I was never really worried about the Cardinals this year. The Rams on the other hand...We struggled with them and they have an even better offense this year. I don't think yesterday was entirely a fluke, I think it was more so good Rams
    Scorpion05
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:52 am
  • Better pay attention to the Rams...
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:52 am
  • The Rams do hold a one game lead in the division right now. Best not to sleep on those guys
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:53 am
  • Shouldn't we win a game before claiming division victory?
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:54 am
  • Seymour wrote:Shouldn't we win a game before claiming division victory?

Especially after we just lost our first game.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Starter

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:54 am
  • The NFC West is a lock with DJ going down. Its too bad we might have potentially lost home field throughout the playoffs with our loss to Green Bay yesterday.
    12thbrah
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:00 pm
  • Anyone see Bennett and Sheldon limping and having trouble?

I would suggest not to mess with the gods of karma.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:09 pm
  • The Rams beat up a horrible Colts team sans Luck. They will win 6-8 games this year. I still have the Hawks winning 10-12 games despite our OL mess.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:17 pm

Or score a touchdown
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:21 pm
  • If the 30th ranked defense did that to us yesterday, imagine what the rams defense will do to this pathetic offense?!
    northseahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:26 pm
  • northseahawk wrote:If the 30th ranked defense did that to us yesterday, imagine what the rams defense will do to this pathetic offense?!

it will be no offense for both teams and Hawks will win with 2 defensive TDs. thats the gameplan moving forward. :2thumbs:
    12thbrah
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:27 pm
  • Rams started out fast last year too. Meh
    They went 3-1 to start the season. People were talking about them being a threat etc.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:29 pm
  • I think the Seahawks will be fine. Don't know if they will be great. But I think their is a better chance they are in the Super Bowl than missing the playoffs.

That D is very very good. I think the O will catch up. Yesterday was frustrating. But I think because people could see the game was there to win. Assuming these problems through 16 eeeks is premature

I'm also believe that Santa is real (its me... don't tell my kids) and the sun comes up every day regardless of my complaints.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:30 pm
  • I could be mistaken but didn't the Rams win like 28-0 last year to open the season?

The Seahawks have the division locked up. All they are playing for is seeding. The Rams are not real until they prove it consistently. We've all seen this before. It's too bad seeing Fitz last season play out like this.
    ringless
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:51 pm
  • Already claiming a division title after yesterday's abysmal performance? Lol
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:56 pm
  • Crizilla wrote:Already claiming a division title after yesterday's abysmal performance? Lol

Abysmal?

Special teams looked good, defense held Aaron Rodgers to zero points at home the first half. How many teams have done that?

Rookies played great, especially Naz Jones and Griffin. Hell right now, Jones looks like the steal of the draft, dude's been beasting all camp and now 1st game.

Lockett and Earl look like they're all the way back, especially Earl.

Offense and O-line was abysmal, but 1st game of the year at Lambeau? Didn't have high hopes to begin with, so IMO abysmal is not the right word for me. Frustrating is the word I'd use, cause it was a missed opportunity.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:01 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Rams started out fast last year too. Meh

Weren't they shut out by the 49ers last year in Week 1?
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:02 pm
  • Yes hawks win the division because it's the worst div in football. 9 wins gets the title.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:13 pm
  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    Sorry, but Bevell is not the problem .... he is the solution.

Damn....I think I'm going to gag!
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:24 pm
  • They started 3-1
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:33 pm
  • HawkFan72 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Rams started out fast last year too. Meh

Weren't they shut out by the 49ers last year in Week 1?

Why yes, indeed they did. Then they went and beat the Seahawks the next week, and some insufferable pipsqueak started posting on the NFL Forum about how some sort of tiebreaker gave the Rams sole possession of 1st place in the NFCW.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Being said, coach 8-8 is gone, the Rams are a different team, and I'm not yet convinced that we can afford to drop two to them this year. They

I'm still pretty dang confident that they will be playing golf in January
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:36 pm
  • The Rams are likely to be our closest competition given they have a real DC in Wade Phillips and McVey was an up and coming star. O I'm more worried about them than in the past.

Still. It's week one. Now everyone has tape on everyone else. Lets see how things go moving forward.
    Mad Dog
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:36 pm
  • Yeah the rams were on the losing end of that 28-0 game vs the Niners. Won three straight to get to 3-1 then went 1-11, including losing to the niners again.
    adeltaY
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:37 pm
  • Seymour wrote:Anyone see Bennett and Sheldon limping and having trouble?

They were cramping. Hardly anything to worry about and pretty common first few weeks of the year.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:40 pm
  • That really sucks for David Johnson. I don't like the Cardinals but I love David Johnson as a NFL fan. He's so fun to watch
    "Go Hawks"
    Geologic
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:49 pm
  • Rumors are circling 10-12 weeks
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:57 pm
  • God the Chicken Little Syndrome after a loss in Green Bay is priceless.

Yes we have issues especially on the OL that needs to be addressed, and will improve as the year goes on but some of you act like we will be lucky to win another game this year. Oy vay. :34853_doh:

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:17 pm
  • Aros wrote:God the Chicken Little Syndrome after a loss in Green Bay is priceless.

Yes we have issues especially on the OL that needs to be addressed, and will improve as the year goes on but some of you act like we will be lucky to win another game this year. Oy vay. :34853_doh:

Not at all, but we have watched the offense and our playoff runs get worse each year since our last SB appearance. It is frustrating because if a bunch of yayhoo spectators like us can pretty much agree on the issues then why isn't it being corrected?

We have an easy schedule this year, and if we do worse than last year, it might get easier still, but the problems contributing to our losses aren't being solved.

This teams ability is Superbowl caliber, but coaching (zone blocking, switching line positions, poor personnel choices) and gameplanning (long developing routes, very little read option, quick 5 yard slant passing, etc) is killing our chances with an aging core.

We have accepted slow starts now as a team attribute. Why? No reason for it other than poor gameplan because the coaching was caught off guard, or the practice regimen was didn't address real world scenarios.

We were healthy with a good preseason. No excuse for what we just saw on offense. Slow starts as a habit is not good. I have no problem pointing that out.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:21 pm
  • The news is a big blow to the Cardinals, but before we can win the division, we've got to get better. Besides, I don't wanna push my luck here. One major injury can hurt us as well. Look what happened to our defense last year when ET went down. Look what happened to our offense when Wilson played hurt for most of the Season.

I still have the same faith in this team and this division as I did Saturday, but I am not praising it quite as loudly today.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:38 pm
  • Good Ol Ron Fairly comes to mind when I read this OP. "You gotta swing the bat to hit the ball" Translated to Football. "You gotta score some points to win a game."

Perhaps you're trying to raise peoples spirits, but yesterday's offensive Offensive performance was offensive. Entertainment value? Zero. Win the division? Appear in the Super Bowl? Yes, it's one game, but it was that bad. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it. And I'm an unusually optimistic person.
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:04 pm
  • Aros wrote:It's being reported that the Cardinals David Johnson is likely to go on IR and out for the year. HUGE blow to what was our only true competition in the division.

Quite a strange post! 0-1 with 15 to play and you somehow equate a division opponents running backs injury as a reason to raise the 2017 NFC West Champs banner up. I think that's kinda weird but whatever gets you through your issues dude.

Wouldn't respect a Cardinal fan for coming out and claiming they will win the division this weekend because Russell Wilson blew out his knee. Totally classless post.
    Cc5674
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:21 pm
  • Cc5674 wrote:
    Aros wrote:It's being reported that the Cardinals David Johnson is likely to go on IR and out for the year. HUGE blow to what was our only true competition in the division.

Quite a strange post! 0-1 with 15 to play and you somehow equate a division opponents running backs injury as a reason to raise the 2017 NFC West Champs banner up. I think that's kinda weird but whatever gets you through your issues dude.

Wouldn't respect a Cardinal fan for coming out and claiming they will win the division this weekend because Russell Wilson blew out his knee. Totally classless post.

:34853_doh:

You missed the whole point...
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:30 pm
  • We sucked in Jacksonville in the opener in 2005 too. Look how that turned out.
    evergreen
    NET Starter

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:03 pm
  • You would think by now we would all be experienced enough to know that it is a long season. The overreactions and calls for the Seahawks demise are beyond ridiculous.

Losing David Johnson was a big blow to the only team that really looked to be a legitimate threat to Seattle in the west. The Rams could surprise, but lets wait and see. The Hawks were and still are the best team in the west by a mile and will challenge for the NFC once again.

Cmon guys. We are better than this. Lets not feed the narrative that Seahawk fans are bandwagon newbies that know little about football.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:07 pm
  • Steve2222 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Anyone see Bennett and Sheldon limping and having trouble?

They were cramping. Hardly anything to worry about and pretty common first few weeks of the year.

Tends to happen when you are on the field 2x longer than offense. D 40 minutes O 20 (pretty darn close)
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:13 pm
  • Cards will be fine. Rams are an unknown. WE are the Rams of the past few years....all D and no O.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:14 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:Already claiming a division title after yesterday's abysmal performance? Lol

Abysmal?

Special teams looked good, defense held Aaron Rodgers to zero points at home the first half. How many teams have done that?

Rookies played great, especially Naz Jones and Griffin. Hell right now, Jones looks like the steal of the draft, dude's been beasting all camp and now 1st game.

Lockett and Earl look like they're all the way back, especially Earl.

Offense and O-line was abysmal, but 1st game of the year at Lambeau? Didn't have high hopes to begin with, so IMO abysmal is not the right word for me. Frustrating is the word I'd use, cause it was a missed opportunity.

I'm fine with a prediction that they win the division but the last thing I want to hear is stuff going on with other teams. THIS team better get their act together because there's no excuses for this joke of an O-line any more. I also don't see how at this point in time why it matters that everything else about the team looked good. Doesn't even matter we lost we scored 9 points. This team is the best team in the NFL if we get a solid o line. I don't wanna hear about injuries to other teams that could impact the standings. I want US to figure it out. I'm not hating this thread just saying the last thing on my mind is the Cardinals
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:42 pm
  • WmHBonney wrote:Cards will be fine. Rams are an unknown. WE are the Rams of the past few years....all D and no O.

Way too early in the season to be making that proclamation (regarding our offense)

The oline doesnt look good, true enough. But thats been true for years.

Weve had plenty of crappy offensive games over the years that didnt translate into a YEAR OF DESPAIR!!!!!!!

Besides an officiating crew that wasnt fluffing Erin Rodgers yesterday would have left us a 20-17 victory. Would you be making the same claims about us having NO O!!!!! then??
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:56 pm
  • evergreen wrote:We sucked in Jacksonville in the opener in 2005 too. Look how that turned out.

Started 1-2 that year.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:03 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    evergreen wrote:We sucked in Jacksonville in the opener in 2005 too. Look how that turned out.

Started 1-2 that year.

Comparing this team to the 2005 squad given the Offensive lines of both is absolute nonsense.
    OpHawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:07 pm

We don't play
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:07 pm
  • OpHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    evergreen wrote:We sucked in Jacksonville in the opener in 2005 too. Look how that turned out.

Started 1-2 that year.

Comparing this team to the 2005 squad given the Offensive lines of both is absolute nonsense.

Nonsense is letting the point sail over your head and being mad that it's windy.

The point, sharpshooter, is sometimes teams start a bit slow.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:12 pm
  • OpHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

Started 1-2 that year.

Ok, lets compare the defensive lines of both squads then.

Or the linebackers.

Or the secondary.

You are right, complete nonsense :D
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:16 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    OpHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

Started 1-2 that year.

Nonsense is letting the point sail over your head and being mad that's a windy.

The point, sharpshooter, is sometimes teams start a bit slow.

My point, was that one team is fatally flawed, making a slow start irrelevant. That must have sailed over your head.
    OpHawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:05 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:I was never really worried about the Cardinals this year. The Rams on the other hand...We struggled with them and they have an even better offense this year. I don't think yesterday was entirely a fluke, I think it was more so good Rams

No Jeff Fisher! We sweep the rams, we sweep the 49ers, and split the cards.
    "If we lose ... this place will be a Carnival of Stupidity." FlyingGreg
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:00 pm
  • Cc5674 wrote:
    Aros wrote:It's being reported that the Cardinals David Johnson is likely to go on IR and out for the year. HUGE blow to what was our only true competition in the division.

Whatever you say NET Bench Warmer. Have a nice day!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:03 pm
  • Fudwamper wrote:
    Scorpion05 wrote:I was never really worried about the Cardinals this year. The Rams on the other hand...We struggled with them and they have an even better offense this year. I don't think yesterday was entirely a fluke, I think it was more so good Rams

No Jeff Fisher! We sweep the rams, we sweep the 49ers, and split the cards.

The Hawks should sweep the whole division.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:50 am
  • We will win the division, but it's not going to take an injury to David Johnson to do it. We've just evolved in talent and know-how across the board to make it happen. Can I get an amen!
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:47 pm
  • Ad Hawk wrote:
    Cc5674 wrote:

:34853_doh:

You missed the whole point...

No obviously you missed the whole point. Stay Classy Seattle!
    Cc5674
    NET Bench Warmer

Next

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information