Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Is Tom Cable a great motivator?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Is Tom Cable a great motivator?
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:40 pm
  • I remember a clip with Marshawn Lynch saying to Cable on the sidelines. CAN WE GO AND GET IT NOW?
    This team has a problem with getting motivated until its neck is on the chopping block. Its a offensive issue. A issue that needs to bee solved before our defense starts to fall apart. Yes it is early in the season but this problem has been lingering for a few years now.
    Cheers Chawker
    SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS XLVIII 43-8

Better to have a bottle in front of me,then a frontly lobotmy.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Re: Is Tom Cable a great motivator?
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:49 pm
  • By looking at the comments for the last 2 years, a large majority of us realize cable and Bevell are the 2 largest issues with the offense.

Problem is our opinions don't mean Jack.

We are going to be relagated to squandering some of the best overall talent assembled on an NFL team due to poor offensive coaching and gameplanning.

We will probably win the division (it should be absolutely assured) just to get embarrassed in the playoffs or on the 1 yard line again.

Just one game, but how many years do you say that before you correct the problem?
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:56 pm
  • Teacher of proper technique? Yes.

Motivator? No, I don't think so.

But that's not his Cable's primary job, that's Pete's primary job.......to figure out how to motivate players. Cable is being paid to turn crap into compost. Is he good at that? That's certainly up for debate.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:30 pm
  • He certainly can't seem to motivate the o-line to do their job properly. Supposedly he is a great teacher, but I have seen no evidence of that for 3 years.
    razor150
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:04 pm
  • He's a great D-Motivator. He seems to motivate the opponents D like no one else can.

He's a great teacher if you want to take a average OL and make them below average. He excels at that.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:06 pm
  • He motivates me to kick the TV...
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:11 pm
  • The fruit seems awfully low in here. :hmmmm:
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:52 pm
  • razor150 wrote:He certainly can't seem to motivate the o-line to do their job properly. Supposedly he is a great teacher, but I have seen no evidence of that for 3 years.

I believe he lost most of his motivation power when he was told he could no longer use his fists.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:17 pm
  • biscuits and gravy and a couple valium before every game.
    Leee-roy
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:09 pm
  • Good motivator... Maybe
    Good teacher.... Maybe
    Good o-line coach... NO
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:12 pm
  • RW can't these this Cable-era O-Line disasters much longer.

The kid is cracking up!

semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:36 pm
  • What this team needs is to fire Pete Carroll and replace him with a no-nonsense HC. No more music blaring at practice, no more allowing players to call people by their first names. It should be Coach Carroll this, or Coach Cable that. I have seen this many times over 50 seasons of watching football. Soft "players coach" gets his team to the top then loses them. PC has lost this team, and what they need is a butt kicking "my way or the highway" guy like Holmgren or Tom Coughlin. PC is a cheerleader, and this team has rolled him in a big way.
    jeremiah
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:57 pm
  • jeremiah wrote:What this team needs is to fire Pete Carroll and replace him with a no-nonsense HC. No more music blaring at practice, no more allowing players to call people by their first names. It should be Coach Carroll this, or Coach Cable that. I have seen this many times over 50 seasons of watching football. Soft "players coach" gets his team to the top then loses them. PC has lost this team, and what they need is a butt kicking "my way or the highway" guy like Holmgren or Tom Coughlin. PC is a cheerleader, and this team has rolled him in a big way.

The big problem with your point here is.............................The Defense. Seems if he's "lost the team", as you say, the defense would not have looked like they're on their way to competing for the No. 1 D spot again. As frustrated as I am with the offensive line, I'm not buying what you're laying down amigo.
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:01 pm
  • Cable's good at slugging other coaches. Busted one of his assitant's jaw a few years ago.
    Good right hand? Yup.
    Teacher? No Motivator? No
    But if I need someone to back me up in a bar fight, Tom Cable is da man!
    Tusc2000
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:36 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    razor150 wrote:He certainly can't seem to motivate the o-line to do their job properly. Supposedly he is a great teacher, but I have seen no evidence of that for 3 years.

I believe he lost most of his motivation power when he was told he could no longer use his fists.

I guess if it takes him punching out another coach for him to do his job maybe Carroll needs to find a volunteer. Give him a huge raise and the best insurance money can buy.
    razor150
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:19 am
  • Foghawk wrote:
    jeremiah wrote:What this team needs is to fire Pete Carroll and replace him with a no-nonsense HC. No more music blaring at practice, no more allowing players to call people by their first names. It should be Coach Carroll this, or Coach Cable that. I have seen this many times over 50 seasons of watching football. Soft "players coach" gets his team to the top then loses them. PC has lost this team, and what they need is a butt kicking "my way or the highway" guy like Holmgren or Tom Coughlin. PC is a cheerleader, and this team has rolled him in a big way.

The big problem with your point here is.............................The Defense. Seems if he's "lost the team", as you say, the defense would not have looked like they're on their way to competing for the No. 1 D spot again. As frustrated as I am with the offensive line, I'm not buying what you're laying down amigo.

Maybe, but the D is a force of nature. Any good defense will play on emotion. The Offense? It needs details, devotion and belief in the scheme. I could cite times in the last year where the D laid down during a game. They just didn't give effort, even RS out of position so badly several times in the same quarter. He was covering for scheme, his mistake, or just freelancing.
    jeremiah
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:21 am
  • jeremiah wrote:What this team needs is to fire Pete Carroll and replace him with a no-nonsense HC. No more music blaring at practice, no more allowing players to call people by their first names. It should be Coach Carroll this, or Coach Cable that. I have seen this many times over 50 seasons of watching football. Soft "players coach" gets his team to the top then loses them. PC has lost this team, and what they need is a butt kicking "my way or the highway" guy like Holmgren or Tom Coughlin. PC is a cheerleader, and this team has rolled him in a big way.

Yeah, lets hire Greg Schiano, that'll work.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:38 pm
  • :lol:

Foghawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:12 pm
  • He isn't a good coach or anything else for that matter because if he was we wouldn't be talking about the offensive line after every game.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:46 pm
  • mrt144 wrote:
    jeremiah wrote:What this team needs is to fire Pete Carroll and replace him with a no-nonsense HC. No more music blaring at practice, no more allowing players to call people by their first names. It should be Coach Carroll this, or Coach Cable that. I have seen this many times over 50 seasons of watching football. Soft "players coach" gets his team to the top then loses them. PC has lost this team, and what they need is a butt kicking "my way or the highway" guy like Holmgren or Tom Coughlin. PC is a cheerleader, and this team has rolled him in a big way.

Yeah, lets hire Greg Schiano, that'll work.

I would trade PC to the Patriots and throw in Michael Bennett for their head coach in a heartbeat.
    jeremiah
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information