Is Tom Cable a great motivator?

Chawker

Reaction score
I remember a clip with Marshawn Lynch saying to Cable on the sidelines. CAN WE GO AND GET IT NOW?
This team has a problem with getting motivated until its neck is on the chopping block. Its a offensive issue. A issue that needs to bee solved before our defense starts to fall apart. Yes it is early in the season but this problem has been lingering for a few years now.
Cheers Chawker

johnnyfever

Reaction score
By looking at the comments for the last 2 years, a large majority of us realize cable and Bevell are the 2 largest issues with the offense.

Problem is our opinions don't mean Jack.

We are going to be relagated to squandering some of the best overall talent assembled on an NFL team due to poor offensive coaching and gameplanning.

We will probably win the division (it should be absolutely assured) just to get embarrassed in the playoffs or on the 1 yard line again.

Just one game, but how many years do you say that before you correct the problem?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Teacher of proper technique? Yes.

Motivator? No, I don't think so.

But that's not his Cable's primary job, that's Pete's primary job.......to figure out how to motivate players. Cable is being paid to turn crap into compost. Is he good at that? That's certainly up for debate.

razor150

Reaction score
He certainly can't seem to motivate the o-line to do their job properly. Supposedly he is a great teacher, but I have seen no evidence of that for 3 years.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He's a great D-Motivator. He seems to motivate the opponents D like no one else can.

He's a great teacher if you want to take a average OL and make them below average. He excels at that.

Seymour

Reaction score
razor150":34xb822s said:
He certainly can't seem to motivate the o-line to do their job properly. Supposedly he is a great teacher, but I have seen no evidence of that for 3 years.

I believe he lost most of his motivation power when he was told he could no longer use his fists.

Leee-roy

Reaction score
biscuits and gravy and a couple valium before every game.

cymatica

Reaction score
Good motivator... Maybe
Good teacher.... Maybe
Good o-line coach... NO

semiahmoo

Reaction score
RW can't these this Cable-era O-Line disasters much longer.

The kid is cracking up!

K04yp_s-200x150.gif

jeremiah

Reaction score
What this team needs is to fire Pete Carroll and replace him with a no-nonsense HC. No more music blaring at practice, no more allowing players to call people by their first names. It should be Coach Carroll this, or Coach Cable that. I have seen this many times over 50 seasons of watching football. Soft "players coach" gets his team to the top then loses them. PC has lost this team, and what they need is a butt kicking "my way or the highway" guy like Holmgren or Tom Coughlin. PC is a cheerleader, and this team has rolled him in a big way.

Foghawk

Reaction score
jeremiah":b48vwwfz said:
What this team needs is to fire Pete Carroll and replace him with a no-nonsense HC. No more music blaring at practice, no more allowing players to call people by their first names. It should be Coach Carroll this, or Coach Cable that. I have seen this many times over 50 seasons of watching football. Soft "players coach" gets his team to the top then loses them. PC has lost this team, and what they need is a butt kicking "my way or the highway" guy like Holmgren or Tom Coughlin. PC is a cheerleader, and this team has rolled him in a big way.

The big problem with your point here is.............................The Defense. Seems if he's "lost the team", as you say, the defense would not have looked like they're on their way to competing for the No. 1 D spot again. As frustrated as I am with the offensive line, I'm not buying what you're laying down amigo.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Cable's good at slugging other coaches. Busted one of his assitant's jaw a few years ago.
Good right hand? Yup.
Teacher? No Motivator? No
But if I need someone to back me up in a bar fight, Tom Cable is da man!

razor150

Reaction score
Seymour":1utoviwx said:
razor150":1utoviwx said:

I believe he lost most of his motivation power when he was told he could no longer use his fists.

I guess if it takes him punching out another coach for him to do his job maybe Carroll needs to find a volunteer. Give him a huge raise and the best insurance money can buy.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Foghawk":c5zifxxv said:
jeremiah":c5zifxxv said:

The big problem with your point here is.............................The Defense. Seems if he's "lost the team", as you say, the defense would not have looked like they're on their way to competing for the No. 1 D spot again. As frustrated as I am with the offensive line, I'm not buying what you're laying down amigo.

Maybe, but the D is a force of nature. Any good defense will play on emotion. The Offense? It needs details, devotion and belief in the scheme. I could cite times in the last year where the D laid down during a game. They just didn't give effort, even RS out of position so badly several times in the same quarter. He was covering for scheme, his mistake, or just freelancing.

mrt144

Reaction score
jeremiah":2q7kws1j said:

Yeah, lets hire Greg Schiano, that'll work.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
He isn't a good coach or anything else for that matter because if he was we wouldn't be talking about the offensive line after every game.

jeremiah

Reaction score
mrt144":30whlzpa said:
jeremiah":30whlzpa said:

Yeah, lets hire Greg Schiano, that'll work.

I would trade PC to the Patriots and throw in Michael Bennett for their head coach in a heartbeat.