Ohdiambo and Ifedi Were Awful!

farhat

Reaction score
I re-watched the game and Ohdiambo and Ifedi were a disaster. This is really disappointing considering this is Ifedi's second year as a starter. I know we moved him over one spot, but he is still looking out of shape and not coming off the ball very strong. I guess we have to give Ohdiambo a little more benefit of the doubt considering it is his first game as a starter at Lambeau. But, if those two do not improve I would not be surprised to see Aboushi or Pocic.

Glowinski and Joeckel had pretty solid games overall (except a couple of misses against Mike Daniels).

We need Britt to play better.

A-Dog

Reaction score
I don't know what you were watching but Glowinski and Joeckel were flat out awful. They're veterans relative to the tackles and are playing less challenging positions, and Joekel is getting paid ridiculous money.

Odhi and Ifedi at least have the excuse of being 2nd year players starting for the first time ever at their positions. They were also up against Matthews and Perry who are outstanding players.

Britt just got a big payday and he's supposed to be the leader of the line... after Cable he should be the next in line for blame - "the buck stops here" and whatnot.

RussB

Reaction score
Rees Oh-NOdiambo
Luke JOKE-ill
Justin britt
Mark Blowinski
GermPAIN in the assfedi

Thats what im calling them now, bad joke i know. But still.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Can anyone explain why Russ din't just take 3 steps and fire like Rodgers is able too?

If there were stats to prove this I'd bet Russ is mush better out of shotgun or in 5 to step drops than the 3 step. He just didn't get the ball out quickly in this game.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Glowinski was far worse than ifedi. Not sure what game you watched.
Glowinski had a solid game?

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Wenhawk":29dr9c04 said:
Can anyone explain why Russ din't just take 3 steps and fire like Rodgers is able too?

If there were stats to prove this I'd bet Russ is mush better out of shotgun or in 5 to step drops than the 3 step. He just didn't get the ball out quickly in this game.

More often than not, Erin was able to go through his progression. I bet he held the ball, untouched, for 3+ seconds 20+ times.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":9epgxvjr said:
Wenhawk":9epgxvjr said:

More often than not, Erin was able to go through his progression. I bet he held the ball, untouched, for 3+ seconds 20+ times.

I would disagree with you. Erin was sidestepping and moving a ton. He might not have looked like RW back there because Rodgers is a master of moving in the pocket and then out of it. Our front 4 was in his grill and moving him off his spot a ton. This is how we kept them in check.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Joeckel and Glowinski were both terrible. Odhiambo had an abortion of a game. Britt was a little worse than I was hoping for.

However, Ifedi was not as horrible as I expected. He actually held Clay Matthews in check for the most part. I counted only one legit pressure allowed by Ifedi with no sacks, no QB hits, and no tackles for loss conceded. He seems to handle power fairly well, unlike Odhiambo, who looked physically overmatched on virtually every snap.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
The guard play was far worse than the tackle play, and the tackle play was poor. The guard play was simply untenable, don't know what else to say about it. Can't win with it.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Hate to say it but I'm not shocked now that Frank Clark felt the need to punch an o-lineman. Maybe those guys need to get slapped in the face more to find out how tough they are. There is no excuse not to improve considering they go up against the best defensive front in football everyday in practice.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
"Awful" would be a compliment to what I saw Sunday.

The worst part is I expected Ohdiambo and Ifedi to stink, but I didn't expect Joeckel and Glowinski to suck as hard as they did. Other than Britt, this was right up there with the Rams game last year as the worst performance by an O-line I've ever seen.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Why can't our lineman hold blocks for more than a quarter of a second? I routinely saw Green Bay's o line hold our defenders even when they were getting pushed back until the last second possible.

Ridiculous.

Cable isn't a good coach.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Wenhawk":pv4mjdmg said:

This is what we have been screaming about as far as Bevells offensive gameplan. He doesn't draw up plays consistently with one or two quick throw hot routes in case the line gets blown up.

He instead draws up plays where the TE are blocking, and our receivers have their backs to Russ on long routes. Bevell doesn't scheme for a poor OL, nor does he adjust for it in game other than using a TE and RB as the 6th and 7th offensive lineman.

To be able to dink and dunk to take pressure off the line, you have to draw up plays with routes and personnel to accomplish that.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Ya they were super bad, same with glowinski and jokel... Britt was decent and without a doubt our best lineman. When we drafted him I didn't think I would ever say that. This is a sad state of affairs

xStickybudz

Reaction score
johnnyfever":19yfzdxf said:
Wenhawk":19yfzdxf said:

This is what we have been screaming about as far as Bevells offensive gameplan. He doesn't draw up plays consistently with one or two quick throw hot routes in case the line gets blown up.

He instead draws up plays where the TE are blocking, and our receivers have their backs to Russ on long routes. Bevell doesn't scheme for a poor OL, nor does he adjust for it in game other than using a TE and RB as the 6th and 7th offensive lineman.

To be able to dink and dunk to take pressure off the line, you have to draw up plays with routes and personnel to accomplish that.

Again... I 100% agree with your assessment, every team has a quick route play against us and Bevell doesn't seem to understand that our O LINE can't block for more than 1 second, he draws up these obscenely long developing plays.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't know what games you guys are watching, we throw a ton of quick slants and WR screens.......most to no success.

Hard for that to work when 10 of 11 defenders are within 5 yards from the line of scrimmage preventing it.

Again, the way you beat that is to run the damn ball so you can open up play action to burn those defenders creeping down in the box. We did it with a LOT of success 3-4 years ago. Big play Russell, remember him?

Well he's gone, cause this line can't block for more than half a second without Russell running for his life.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":22w7jmfv said:

Simply because the majority of the plays called failed to take into consideration the inability of the OLine to pass protect. In short the OC failed to adjust to the reality he was experiencing on the field.

The whole OLine was awful and if it was pressure up the gut it was pressure off the edges.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Continuing to do the same thing without success, again and again, is in part the definition of a crazy mind.