Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Ohdiambo and Ifedi Were Awful!

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Ohdiambo and Ifedi Were Awful!
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:06 pm
  • I re-watched the game and Ohdiambo and Ifedi were a disaster. This is really disappointing considering this is Ifedi's second year as a starter. I know we moved him over one spot, but he is still looking out of shape and not coming off the ball very strong. I guess we have to give Ohdiambo a little more benefit of the doubt considering it is his first game as a starter at Lambeau. But, if those two do not improve I would not be surprised to see Aboushi or Pocic.

Glowinski and Joeckel had pretty solid games overall (except a couple of misses against Mike Daniels).

We need Britt to play better.
    farhat
    NET Practice Squad

Re: Ohdiambo and Ifedi Were Awful!
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:41 pm
  • I don't know what you were watching but Glowinski and Joeckel were flat out awful. They're veterans relative to the tackles and are playing less challenging positions, and Joekel is getting paid ridiculous money.

Odhi and Ifedi at least have the excuse of being 2nd year players starting for the first time ever at their positions. They were also up against Matthews and Perry who are outstanding players.

Britt just got a big payday and he's supposed to be the leader of the line... after Cable he should be the next in line for blame - "the buck stops here" and whatnot.
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:58 pm
  • All of them were awful...ends the back and forth
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:22 pm
  • Rees Oh-NOdiambo
    Luke JOKE-ill
    Justin britt
    Mark Blowinski
    GermPAIN in the assfedi

Thats what im calling them now, bad joke i know. But still.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:44 pm
  • Can anyone explain why Russ din't just take 3 steps and fire like Rodgers is able too?

If there were stats to prove this I'd bet Russ is mush better out of shotgun or in 5 to step drops than the 3 step. He just didn't get the ball out quickly in this game.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:58 pm
  • Glowinski was far worse than ifedi. Not sure what game you watched.
    Glowinski had a solid game?
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:47 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:Can anyone explain why Russ din't just take 3 steps and fire like Rodgers is able too?

If there were stats to prove this I'd bet Russ is mush better out of shotgun or in 5 to step drops than the 3 step. He just didn't get the ball out quickly in this game.

More often than not, Erin was able to go through his progression. I bet he held the ball, untouched, for 3+ seconds 20+ times.
    LoneHawkFan
    NET Starter

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:03 pm
  • LoneHawkFan wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:Can anyone explain why Russ din't just take 3 steps and fire like Rodgers is able too?

More often than not, Erin was able to go through his progression. I bet he held the ball, untouched, for 3+ seconds 20+ times.

I would disagree with you. Erin was sidestepping and moving a ton. He might not have looked like RW back there because Rodgers is a master of moving in the pocket and then out of it. Our front 4 was in his grill and moving him off his spot a ton. This is how we kept them in check.
    "If we lose ... this place will be a Carnival of Stupidity." FlyingGreg
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:34 pm
  • Joeckel and Glowinski were both terrible. Odhiambo had an abortion of a game. Britt was a little worse than I was hoping for.

However, Ifedi was not as horrible as I expected. He actually held Clay Matthews in check for the most part. I counted only one legit pressure allowed by Ifedi with no sacks, no QB hits, and no tackles for loss conceded. He seems to handle power fairly well, unlike Odhiambo, who looked physically overmatched on virtually every snap.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:20 am
  • The guard play was far worse than the tackle play, and the tackle play was poor. The guard play was simply untenable, don't know what else to say about it. Can't win with it.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:59 am
  • Hate to say it but I'm not shocked now that Frank Clark felt the need to punch an o-lineman. Maybe those guys need to get slapped in the face more to find out how tough they are. There is no excuse not to improve considering they go up against the best defensive front in football everyday in practice.
    12thbrah
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:59 am
  • In other news, water is wet :lol:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:06 am
  • "Awful" would be a compliment to what I saw Sunday.

The worst part is I expected Ohdiambo and Ifedi to stink, but I didn't expect Joeckel and Glowinski to suck as hard as they did. Other than Britt, this was right up there with the Rams game last year as the worst performance by an O-line I've ever seen.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:40 am
  • Why can't our lineman hold blocks for more than a quarter of a second? I routinely saw Green Bay's o line hold our defenders even when they were getting pushed back until the last second possible.

Ridiculous.

Cable isn't a good coach.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:48 am
  • Wenhawk wrote:Can anyone explain why Russ din't just take 3 steps and fire like Rodgers is able too?

This is what we have been screaming about as far as Bevells offensive gameplan. He doesn't draw up plays consistently with one or two quick throw hot routes in case the line gets blown up.

He instead draws up plays where the TE are blocking, and our receivers have their backs to Russ on long routes. Bevell doesn't scheme for a poor OL, nor does he adjust for it in game other than using a TE and RB as the 6th and 7th offensive lineman.

To be able to dink and dunk to take pressure off the line, you have to draw up plays with routes and personnel to accomplish that.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:05 am
  • Ya they were super bad, same with glowinski and jokel... Britt was decent and without a doubt our best lineman. When we drafted him I didn't think I would ever say that. This is a sad state of affairs
    xStickybudz
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:07 am
  • johnnyfever wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:Can anyone explain why Russ din't just take 3 steps and fire like Rodgers is able too?

This is what we have been screaming about as far as Bevells offensive gameplan. He doesn't draw up plays consistently with one or two quick throw hot routes in case the line gets blown up.

He instead draws up plays where the TE are blocking, and our receivers have their backs to Russ on long routes. Bevell doesn't scheme for a poor OL, nor does he adjust for it in game other than using a TE and RB as the 6th and 7th offensive lineman.

To be able to dink and dunk to take pressure off the line, you have to draw up plays with routes and personnel to accomplish that.

Again... I 100% agree with your assessment, every team has a quick route play against us and Bevell doesn't seem to understand that our O LINE can't block for more than 1 second, he draws up these obscenely long developing plays.
    xStickybudz
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:13 am
  • I don't know what games you guys are watching, we throw a ton of quick slants and WR screens.......most to no success.

Hard for that to work when 10 of 11 defenders are within 5 yards from the line of scrimmage preventing it.

Again, the way you beat that is to run the damn ball so you can open up play action to burn those defenders creeping down in the box. We did it with a LOT of success 3-4 years ago. Big play Russell, remember him?

Well he's gone, cause this line can't block for more than half a second without Russell running for his life.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:14 am

Simply because the majority of the plays called failed to take into consideration the inability of the OLine to pass protect. In short the OC failed to adjust to the reality he was experiencing on the field.

The whole OLine was awful and if it was pressure up the gut it was pressure off the edges.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:16 am
  • Continuing to do the same thing without success, again and again, is in part the definition of a crazy mind.
    Last edited by jammerhawk on Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:17 am

So there are these players called receivers that run routes...
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:19 am
  • So why were there no short routes and dumpoff routes designed to punish the 8 man pressure?

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:23 am
  • jammerhawk wrote:So why were there no short routes and dumpoff routes designed to punish the 8 man pressure?

Look at our drive chart from Sunday, 90% of our pass plays were short outs, screens and slants.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201709101 ... playbyplay

Hell, only success we had in the passing game was busted plays for long yards when we went up tempo at the end of the first half and end of game.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:54 am
  • Then the play design failed to acknowledge the reality that the D were keying on the plays called. the O was toothless and could neither run < 100 yards (92), nor pass (158).

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:03 am
  • jammerhawk wrote:Then the play design failed to acknowledge the reality that the D were keying on the plays called. the O was toothless and could neither run < 100 yards (92), nor pass (158).

Now you're getting warmer.........except instead of pointing the finger at play design, point the finger at execution.

We knew what GB was going to do, we always know how teams are going to defend us. It's nothing new to see teams stacking the box and press covering.

The key is to execute the run and short passing game properly as to open everything else up, especially play action.

Never got there, one of the worst executed gameplans I've seen in a long time. Hell, first play from scrimmage Graham forgets to chip the end and Russell gets sacked. You can't even execute your assignment that gets scripted from Tuesday of the week before? AWFUL.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:09 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:Then the play design failed to acknowledge the reality that the D were keying on the plays called. the O was toothless and could neither run < 100 yards (92), nor pass (158).

Now you're getting warmer.........except instead of pointing the finger at play design, point the finger at execution.

We knew what GB was going to do, we always know how teams are going to defend us. It's nothing new to see teams stacking the box and press covering.

The key is to execute the run and short passing game properly as to open everything else up, especially play action.

Never got there, one of the worst executed gameplans I've seen in a long time. Hell, first play from scrimmage Graham forgets to chip the end and Russell gets sacked. You can't even execute your assignment that gets scripted from Tuesday of the week before? AWFUL.

What do we call players who consistently dont execute plays properly? Untalented?
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:24 am

I think it's play design. We run longer developing pass plays and no one is ready after a 3 step drop.
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:29 am
  • We need current data on whether RW is still taking deeper drops. I'm the one who looked it up and I know geometry is an absolutely real thing, but uf he us still taking inordinately deeper drops, we're literally making it harder on the OL to pass block to compensate...with an OL unit that lacks continuity to boot.

We still need updates data...although the use of Shotgun already tells you at least a little.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:36 am
  • vin.couve12 wrote:We need current data on whether RW is still taking deeper drops. I'm the one who looked it up and I know geometry is an absolutely real thing, but uf he us still taking inordinately deeper drops, we're literally making it harder on the OL to pass block to compensate...with an OL unit that lacks continuity to boot.

We still need updates data...although the use of Shotgun already tells you at least a little.

Is there some type of coaching position on the team that deals with things like this? ;)
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:01 pm
  • mrt144 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:Then the play design failed to acknowledge the reality that the D were keying on the plays called. the O was toothless and could neither run < 100 yards (92), nor pass (158).

What do we call players who consistently dont execute plays properly? Untalented?

We should call them "ex Seahawks."
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:04 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Only ADB would remain
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:05 pm
  • Well I'll tell you one thing, drop back depth is important on every pass attempt. If the QB is not where he's expected to be then an OL is generally not inclined to hear any bitching about it. In our case, I think it's laregely designed, even though RW is a scramble machine, and knowingly live with the fact that it changes the angles for the OL. More so for the tackles, but also the interior as well. It creates a spacing problem. Now, in the case of Glow and Jeokel, there was no where to step up to and they shouldn't get beat THAT quick, ut it still does create more space for a pass rusher.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:10 pm
  • In any case, there is and always has been more at play with the OL than the average fan is willing to accept and subsequently why they can't accept what Pete, Cable, and Bevell can accept.

Young QBs tend to drift in their pass drops. That's nothing new, but some QBs have reasons why they need to stay a little deeper more than others. I imagine we'll hear it from the horses mouth someday.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:13 pm
  • mrt144 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Only ADB would remain

lol probably.

But yeah I usually have a far bigger issue with terrible execution from this offense, rather than scheme or playcalling.

I watched Trevor Damn Siemian and an average offensive line and receiver corp last night execute flawlessly for three quarters........and we have Russell, Jimmy, Doug, Tyler and VERY capable RB's continue to make mistakes with execution.

Obviously the line is the big issue, but C'mon, it's time to step up and earn the 40M we have invested in our offensive stars, especially Russell.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:19 pm
  • farhat wrote:
    Glowinski and Joeckel had pretty solid games overall (except a couple of misses against Mike Daniels)..

Mr. Cable is that you?
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:40 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:

Only ADB would remain

lol probably.

But yeah I usually have a far bigger issue with terrible execution from this offense, rather than scheme or playcalling.

I watched Trevor Damn Siemian and an average offensive line and receiver corp last night execute flawlessly for three quarters........and we have Russell, Jimmy, Doug, Tyler and VERY capable RB's continue to make mistakes with execution.

Obviously the line is the big issue, but C'mon, it's time to step up and earn the 40M we have invested in our offensive stars, especially Russell.

Turn this inside out - what were the Broncos doing that allowed for Siemian et al to execute so well? I didn't watch the game last night since I'm cable-less (god I wish I was double cable-less, I digress) but from what I read the Chargers D line was doing an admirable job.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:47 pm
  • RussB wrote:Rees Oh-NOdiambo
    Luke JOKE-ill
    Justin britt
    Mark Blowinski
    GermPAIN in the assfedi

Thats what im calling them now, bad joke i know. But still.

Lol.

Luke's nickname is Luke "The Fluke" as was his draft position. Fluke pick.

You can also call him, "Luke, I am a Joke-ill."

When I scout Ifedi, he does not possess the quickness needed to justify being a high draft pick.

He moves terribly.

I don't know who's scouting Seahawks offensive lineman but they must be paid by other teams that wants the Hawks to always blow on the offensive line!!!
    "You know why I'm on Seahawks.net!" -Marshawn Lynch

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Pete Carroll & Darrell Bevell be like: "Trust us--we're gonna outsmart them!"
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Starter

Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:52 pm
  • mrt144 wrote:
    Turn this inside out - what were the Broncos doing that allowed for Siemian et al to execute so well? I didn't watch the game last night since I'm cable-less (god I wish I was double cable-less, I digress) but from what I read the Chargers D line was doing an admirable job.

Chargers D stunk the first half, but made some good halftime adjustments and shut down the Broncos offense in the 2nd half.

I didn't see anything different out of Siemian and their offense than I did last year, short safe passes, but he was just throwing dimes and Anderson and Charles were running well.

Difference IMO? O-line blocked well giving Siemian time for their speedy WR's to get separation, and opened up some nice holes. Two things our O-line can't do to save their lives.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:39 pm
  • Fudwamper wrote:
    LoneHawkFan wrote:

I would disagree with you. Erin was sidestepping and moving a ton. He might not have looked like RW back there because Rodgers is a master of moving in the pocket and then out of it. Our front 4 was in his grill and moving him off his spot a ton. This is how we kept them in check.

Still doesn't mean he didn't have time to throw and or go through his progressions. I'd take the time Rodgers had any day compared to what RW has.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information