Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Time to protest Bevell/Cable!!!!!

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Time to protest Bevell/Cable!!!!!
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:08 pm
  • I know this may be a little crazy but does anyone think that fans (us) would ever consider doing some form of a protest of the ineptitude of Bevell/Cable etc... Whether it's banners at the game or as they did once in NY fly a plane over Jets practice with a banner saying "Fire Idzik". I don't know about anyone else here but I'm fed up with what has gone on with the offensive ineptness with Bevell/Cable and the line the last few years.

Anyone else in because....

I'm in!!!!
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Re: Time to protest Bevell/Cable!!!!!
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:18 pm
  • Their practice facility is on a lake, intimidating kayak gang? canoes against cable? boat on bevell? :rumble:
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:20 pm
  • As long as we keep making the playoffs, they will continue to hang on by the skin of their nuts. It would take the players to revolt IMO, and that didn't work out too well for Sherman.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:33 am
  • Seymour wrote:As long as we keep making the playoffs, they will continue to hang on by the skin of their nuts. It would take the players to revolt IMO, and that didn't work out too well for Sherman.

Yea well if the D still keeps balling out, and the O keeps crapping the bed, then I think there might be a full revolt, and that is not what anyone would want.
    "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
    Ace_Rimmer
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:43 am
  • Seymour wrote:As long as we keep making the playoffs, they will continue to hang on by the skin of their nuts. It would take the players to revolt IMO, and that didn't work out too well for Sherman.

Or maybe the players have no qualms with the coaches because they understand that the plan will work if executed properly.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am
  • If you 're watching this and you're not frustrated, I don't understand you. I get so mad watching these games because you see what works, when it works, and usually it's too late. The Carolina playoff game a few years back was the last straw for me. We came out cute, got destroyed, and then we just balled out. Put four more minutes on that clock and we win that game, I have no doubt. PLAY LIKE THAT FROM THE START, THEN SIT if you must. Don't be fine punting just because we're tied 0-0. It's maddening.
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:59 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    Seymour wrote:As long as we keep making the playoffs, they will continue to hang on by the skin of their nuts. It would take the players to revolt IMO, and that didn't work out too well for Sherman.

Or maybe the players have no qualms with the coaches because they understand that the plan will work if executed properly.

I have a plan to win the lottery. You go buy the winning ticket, and we will split the winnings 70/30 (me 70, after all it's my plan)

This plan will work perfectly if executed correctly. :2thumbs:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:06 am
  • What if the 12s sent letters directly to the boss man (Paul Allen) listing our concerns. If he got enough from his own fan base HE may start to take notice. At this point, I believe only Paul would truly demand that changes occur sooner rather than later.
    Kam Chancellor
    Sherman says Chancellor 'damages people's souls'
    hawkpride
    NET Rookie

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:08 am
  • I think fans often believe their concerns matter a lot more than they really do to the front office.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:09 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    Seymour wrote:As long as we keep making the playoffs, they will continue to hang on by the skin of their nuts. It would take the players to revolt IMO, and that didn't work out too well for Sherman.

That argument could also be made for the 0-16 Lions.....on paper everything will work to perfection....when in reality it's nothing more than horse manure. Which exactly what the offensive plan is for the Seahawks
    FIRE CABLE to SAVE RUSSELL!
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:13 am
  • ludakrishna wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:

That argument could also be made for the 0-16 Lions.....on paper everything will work to perfection....when in reality it's nothing more than horse manure. Which exactly what the offensive plan is for the Seahawks

When we match the record of the 0-16 Lions, get back to me and I might look at your claims as being credible. But right now, the wagon's not broken. It's just getting rolling.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:16 am
  • ludakrishna wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:

Exactly.
    Someone gets my point with the lottery proposal.
    Any plan can work if "executed properly". But if you have no shot at executing it because it is a piss poor plan, then you are peeing in the wind.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:23 am
  • I think protests will probably latch on better once we stop winning ten games a year.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:27 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:I think protests will probably latch on better once we stop winning ten games a year.

Agree.

Losing ugly to the whiners at home would jump start the process though....just sayin". :|
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:46 am
  • We lost a single road game at Lambeau by 8 points with a couple of significant calls that went against us. If you need some outside perspective about spoiled fan bases just read what many Patriot fans are saying this week about Tom Brady. I don't think Hawks fans are that bad yet but it's getting close.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:48 am
  • SNDavidson wrote:Their practice facility is on a lake, intimidating kayak gang? canoes against cable? boat on bevell? :rumble:

:lol:
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:49 am
  • AgentDib wrote:We lost a single road game at Lambeau by 8 points with a couple of significant calls that went against us. If you need some outside perspective about spoiled fan bases just read what many Patriot fans are saying this week about Tom Brady. I don't think Hawks fans are that bad yet but it's getting close.

Fans are the worst at judging their own team. Pats fans feel every year they get knocked out of the playoffs is a mark of failure as a franchise. To everyone else, of course, the Pats are a legit, respectable, successful contender and everyone in the nation knows it.

It's the same with us. You could also argue that we've had to contend in a much harder division than the Patriots ever have.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:54 am
  • AgentDib wrote:We lost a single road game at Lambeau by 8 points with a couple of significant calls that went against us. If you need some outside perspective about spoiled fan bases just read what many Patriot fans are saying this week about Tom Brady. I don't think Hawks fans are that bad yet but it's getting close.

The attitude in this post is whats wrong with Seattle. It doesn't matter how much they lost by, they lost. What's more important is the way they lost. Zero competence on the OLine. With reference to NE, that attitude has brought them 5 SB trophys. The fanbase and the media call out the organization at first sight of crap play. In Seattle, the media is worried about losing their media passes and thus snowflakes every problem. Calling crap, crap is not a sign of a spoiled fanbase.
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:00 am
  • ludakrishna wrote:
    AgentDib wrote:We lost a single road game at Lambeau by 8 points with a couple of significant calls that went against us. If you need some outside perspective about spoiled fan bases just read what many Patriot fans are saying this week about Tom Brady. I don't think Hawks fans are that bad yet but it's getting close.

The attitude in this post is whats wrong with Seattle. It doesn't matter how much they lost by, they lost. What's more important is the way they lost. Zero competence on the OLine. With reference to NE, that attitude has brought them 5 SB trophys. The fanbase and the media call out the organization at first sight of crap play. In Seattle, the media is worried about losing their media passes and thus snowflakes every problem. Calling crap, crap is not a sign of a spoiled fanbase.

There isn't a thing in that paragraph that you can prove.

We had embarrassing games in 2013, too. People watching the Carolina opener and the Houston game (both of which we won) were still predicting the OL would eventually end the season.

It was Week 1, on the road, against a defense that practically everyone severely underestimated.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:04 am
  • Protesting is so 2016. Rioting is all the Rage......
    Blaze808
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:10 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    ludakrishna wrote:
    AgentDib wrote:We lost a single road game at Lambeau by 8 points with a couple of significant calls that went against us. If you need some outside perspective about spoiled fan bases just read what many Patriot fans are saying this week about Tom Brady. I don't think Hawks fans are that bad yet but it's getting close.

We had embarrassing games in 2013, too. People watching the Carolina opener and the Houston game (both of which we won) were still predicting the OL would eventually end the season.

It was Week 1, on the road, against a defense that practically everyone severely underestimated.

I can't prove zero competence on the OL?
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:16 am
  • I agree, you guys should go stand outside the VMAC and protest.........cause it means you won't be here.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:17 am
  • Start boycotting the home games, don't go, stop buying their merchandise.
    Nothing gets the attention of ownership like a hit to their wallet.
    It's the only weapon a disgruntled fan base has.
    But, we all know that won't happen...
    Face it, it's not looking like anyone is being held responsible for the same problems year after year.
    The only way anything changes is when Pete is gone, or they get better position coaches.
    The latter should of happened this off season, the former may be sooner than expected!
    Wartooth
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:22 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:

You literally cannot be this blind you have to be either Bevell or his mother.
    randomation
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:23 am
  • Yes, I will grudgingly accept the problems of being the only team in the NFC to win a playoff game 5 years in a row.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:24 am
  • randomation wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:

Prove me wrong. I, on the other hand, can document Doug saying a few weeks ago that he highly respects Bev because he gets the maximum out of each and every player.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:26 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:

THIS!!!

I so wish there were any kind of indications that players in the locker room have been upset with the coaches over the last few years.......

:sarcasm_off:
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:30 am
  • mikeak wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:

THIS!!!

I so wish there were any kind of indications that players in the locker room have been upset with the coaches over the last few years.......

:sarcasm_off:

... and that would be ... Sherm? In all actuality, though, he wasn't actually complaining about a coach. He was complaining about passing on the 1. Or a zone scheme that was missed on defense, resulting in a surrendered touchdown. See the difference? He was talking about in-the-moment-of-the-game particulars.
    This always seems to be missed as the pack mentality likes to feed their own narrative.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:32 am
  • ludakrishna wrote:The fanbase and the media call out the organization at first sight of crap play. In Seattle, the media is worried about losing their media passes and thus snowflakes every problem. Calling crap, crap is not a sign of a spoiled fanbase.

I think this idea that you need to be "tough" on the team to keep them honest is childish and overly self important. Lack of effort is not the problem with this team, and they're not going to be playing any harder vs. the 49ers because they want to avoid ludakrishna saying something negative about them on an internet forum. There's nothing laudable about impotent venting.

ludakrishna wrote:It doesn't matter how much they lost by, they lost.

Easily my least favorite sports old wives fable and I doubt you actually believe it. It is common to have bad outcomes from good decisions and good outcomes from bad decisions. The uncertainty in life and the NFL is what makes them interesting. When you decide to only judge things based on outcomes you are throwing away nearly all of the information at your disposal. If we won with a poor showing from the OL would you say it only matters that we won?
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:38 am
  • ludakrishna wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    ludakrishna wrote:

I can't prove zero competence on the OL?

Not with Week 1 as your only sample size, no, not legitimately. Players develop.

I'm not high on Rees developing, but he's an injury replacement. Cable didn't have him starting in the original lineup. Tough luck there.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:40 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    randomation wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:

Prove me wrong. I, on the other hand, can document Doug saying a few weeks ago that he highly respects Bev because he gets the maximum out of each and every player.

Now Bevell gets the maximum out of every player?

Is Jimmy Graham considered a player?

Is 5 carries for 3 yards all Lacy has to give??

Good God.....this is a whole new level of poison in the punch bowl. :pukeface: :pukeface:
    Last edited by Seymour on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:40 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:I agree, you guys should go stand outside the VMAC and protest.........cause it means you won't be here.

Whoa, don't cut yourself on all that edge.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:44 am
  • That's exactly what Doug said.

Jimmy was targeted 7 times Sunday, twice in the end zone. He had an off game, but he'll rebound.

I think they pulled the plug on Lacy early and gave Carson center stage. But you saw it, the run game just couldn't develop with our inconsistent line play.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:07 am
  • With everything going on in the world, leave it up to people from Seattle to suggest protesting something like this LMAO

First world problems indeed.
    SixSeahawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:10 am
  • seabowl wrote:I know this may be a little crazy but does anyone think that fans (us) would ever consider doing some form of a protest of the ineptitude of Bevell/Cable etc... Whether it's banners at the game or as they did once in NY fly a plane over Jets practice with a banner saying "Fire Idzik". I don't know about anyone else here but I'm fed up with what has gone on with the offensive ineptness with Bevell/Cable and the line the last few years.

Anyone else in because....

I'm in!!!!

I'll respectfully pass on protests and riots and anarchy and such.

And although this might sound equally crazy, perhaps a trade of teams would disarm local discontent. How about a trade of the Seahawks to Cleveland in exchange for a Browns to Seattle exchange. I would think that would make a lot of Cleveland fans ecstatic.

Cleveland, Green Bay, Seattle, wherever ...... doesn't matter any more where the Seahawks play .... "I'M IN"
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:11 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:That's exactly what Doug said.

Jimmy was targeted 7 times Sunday, twice in the end zone. He had an off game, but he'll rebound.

I think they pulled the plug on Lacy early and gave Carson center stage. But you saw it, the run game just couldn't develop with our inconsistent line play.

Doesn't matter Doug said it. If it is a clear load of crap which is obvious to 99.99% of everyone watching....then you need to understand you are being fed a load of garbage before wondering why you have indigestion.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:26 am
  • Pats fans whining about losing one game are doing exactly that. Hawks fans fed up with the same immobile offense have the right after last year, to have expected change this time around. The complaints are not only because we lost to the Packers in Green Bay, they are because of the pattern. I'm willing to wait it out, but there's no reason we should not be up by three scores on the Niners at half time on Sunday. If we are under 10 points, expect people to be pissed. I will be one. I'll never boycott the team, but I will certainly wish I could and understand those who do. It's fricking hard to watch, yo.
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:33 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:

Of course that is the reason why Earl was grumbling about the playing time disparity between the O and the D after the GB game. :roll:

I appreciate your support for the O coaches though it's laudable notwithstanding the diminishing returns from the O.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:42 am
  • jammerhawk wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:

Of course that is the reason why Earl was grumbling about the playing time disparity between the O and the D after the GB game. :roll:

I appreciate your support for the O coaches though it's laudable notwithstanding the diminishing returns from the O.

That is not true. Earl was not grumbling about that at all. He said "it's been this way for 8 years" as to not give the defense any excuses, and as to call the defense to step up and be even better. Not as a complaint about the offense. That's why it was reported that afterwards in the locker room he was seen explaining exactly that to Michael Bennett (who was reportedly complaining about being on the field too much).

Earl gets it... I'm not saying the offense should completely suck like they did most of last Sunday but the defense is the unit that is Paid to be the Elite unit. Earl, Sherm, Kam, Bennett, Bobby, etc, etc. Those guys are paid to be the unit that carries this team.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:18 pm
  • KARAVARUS wrote:If we are under 10 points, expect people to be pissed. I will be one. I'll never boycott the team, but I will certainly wish I could and understand those who do. It's fricking hard to watch, yo.

Would you still be pissed if we had won 6-3 on Sunday? I realize that for many that feels worse than a high scoring game because offenses are the popular units and the expectation is that good NFL teams will score lots of points. We do have a 70% winning percentage with RW in Pete's very conservative system however.

Pete talked about the decision to stay conservative vs. opening things up in his Monday presser. He's very aware of the pros and cons, and it absolutely matters that we could have won that game on Sunday with our conservative game plan if very minor things had gone differently. I doubt he regrets his choice either given that one of the pivotal swings in the game was the fumble on the 5 that set them up for an easy TD.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:27 pm
  • AgentDib wrote: popular units and the expectation is that good NFL teams will score lots of points. .

This is wrong. The team needs to have an offense that gets FIRST DOWNS, the rest will follow. If the Seahawks could have had a few more drives with at least 2 first downs then the game is completely different. The defense would still be aggressive because they would be rested and not playing 2/3 of the game. The Seahawks offense was on the field for 48 plays that is dysfunction for even Woody Hayes "3 yards and a cloud of dust" So no matter how conservative your offensive philosophy is you still need first downs. First downs are the life blood of a ball control offense and this team can't even do that.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:04 pm
  • SixSeahawk wrote:With everything going on in the world, leave it up to people from Seattle to suggest protesting something like this LMAO

Problem is I am the OP and I'm from NY where (and don't get pissed WA residents) they would NEVER stand for the terrible decisions by Bevell and crew without displaying public displeasure, MEDIA INCLUDED. I cannot even fathom Bevel having to answer to the NY media for his ridiculous calls.

Look if the people in the Seattle area are fed up with Bevell/Cable as much as they say they are then for sake, voice your opinion in a public domain like the stadium, large billboard or the sky.

You may be surprised at the power the people as a whole hold. Get Pauls attention.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:11 pm
  • seabowl wrote:
    SixSeahawk wrote:With everything going on in the world, leave it up to people from Seattle to suggest protesting something like this LMAO

Problem is I am the OP and I'm from NY where (and don't get pissed WA residents) they would NEVER stand for the terrible decisions by Bevell and crew without displaying public displeasure, MEDIA INCLUDED. I cannot even fathom Bevel having to answer to the NY media for his ridiculous calls.

Look if the people in the Seattle area are fed up with Bevell/Cable as much as they say they are then for sake, voice your opinion in a public domain like the stadium, large billboard or the sky.

You may be surprised at the power the people as a whole hold. Get Pauls attention.

60,000 fans at the clink holding up cut cables. Think of it.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:12 pm
  • seabowl wrote:
    SixSeahawk wrote:With everything going on in the world, leave it up to people from Seattle to suggest protesting something like this LMAO

If that's true, why hasn't there been an uprising from the citizens over the Jets? I've never heard of any. The hole in your theory and what the rest of the country would scoff at is that the Hawks are about the winningest and most successful franchise in the NFC this decade. Fans from most other teams would look at such an entitled display with bewilderment.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:24 pm
  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    seabowl wrote:

If that's true, why hasn't there been an uprising from the citizens over the Jets? I've never heard of any. The hole in your theory and what the rest of the country would scoff at is that the Hawks are about the winningest and most successful franchise in the NFC this decade. Fans from most other teams would look at such an entitled display with bewilderment.

Sorry but if you read the very first post on this topic you would have seen that the JETS fans hired a plane to fly over their practice with a banner that said "Fire Idzik". BTW the JETS owner was standing next to him as it flew over. Not long after he was gone. Giants fans did the something similar back I believe in the early 70's.

Regarding your theory of how the Hawks have won so much, I agree that as a team they have won a lot of games but most would agree it's despite what the offense has contributed not because of what they have contributed.

The most telling reminder of how bad Bevell and Csble/the OL is, is by hearing one national announcer after another call out how bewildered they are with multiple play calls on O and the incredibly bad play by the line.

The proof is in front of all of our eyes and it's been there for 3 years.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:28 pm

I would rather not wait until Russ is in traction to make changes if you couldn't see there were massive issues with oline I don't even know what to say.
    randomation
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:41 pm
  • seabowl wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:
    seabowl wrote:

Sorry but if you read the very first post on this topic you would have seen that the JETS fans hired a plane to fly over their practice with a banner that said "Fire Idzik". BTW the JETS owner was standing next to him as it flew over. Not long after he was gone. Giants fans did the something similar back I believe in the early 70's.

Regarding your theory of how the Hawks have won so much, I agree that as a team they have won a lot of games but most would agree it's despite what the offense has contributed not because of what they have contributed.

The most telling reminder of how bad Bevell and Csble/the OL is, is by hearing one national announcer after another call out how bewildered they are with multiple play calls on O and the incredibly bad play by the line.

The winning ways have been helped along by the offense too. It would be kind of foolish to think otherwise.

Maybe I remember that airplane business. Didn't it later crash?

And for the record, I've heard as many announcers giving props to the Hawks, their offense and Bevell on numerous occasions. And I'd expect to hear it again real soon.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:58 pm
  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    seabowl wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:
    seabowl wrote:

The winning ways have been helped along by the offense too. It would be kind of foolish to think otherwise.

Maybe I remember that airplane business. Didn't it later crash?

And for the record, I've heard as many announcers giving props to the Hawks, their offense and Bevell on numerous occasions. And I'd expect to hear it again real soon.

I almost coughed up my dinner on your last comment. :34853_doh:
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:05 pm
  • Good for you. Have someone who knows the Heimlich maneuver standing by.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:15 pm
  • ludakrishna wrote:

Couldn't agree more with this.

It's incredible to me that this garbage from the offense is met with such little resistance from the fanbase and local media.
    OpHawk
    NET Rookie

Next

It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information