This Defense Gives Us Hope to Win a Super Bowl

farhat

Reaction score
This defense looks scary. We sacked Aaron Rogers 4 times and shut Green Bay out on their home field in the first half. If Rusell Wilson didn't cough the ball up, they would not have had the ball 1st and goal from the 7. The only other touchdown Green Bay scored was a coverage breakdown.

Frank Clark is stepping up and is the pass rusher that we have missed (Chris Clemons style).

Sheldon Richardson looked strong and is another pass rusher on the inside (Clinton McDonald style).

Avril, Bennett, Bobby, KJ, and the LOB continue to look good. This secondary is deep again with Shaq and Coleman out there. I don't see anyone beating us at home this season.

This defense gives us a chance to win against any team.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
farhat":30ptbfjx said:
This defense looks scary. We sacked Aaron Rogers 4 times and shut Green Bay out on their home field in the first half. If Rusell Wilson didn't cough the ball up, they would not have had the ball 1st and goal from the 7. The only other touchdown Green Bay scored was a coverage breakdown.

Frank Clark is stepping up and is the pass rusher that we have missed (Chris Clemons style).

Sheldon Richardson looked strong and is another pass rusher on the inside (Clinton McDonald style).

Avril, Bennett, Bobby, KJ, and the LOB continue to look good. This secondary is deep again with Shaq and Coleman out there. I don't see anyone beating us at home this season.

This defense gives us a chance to win against any team.

Tenor

evergreen

Reaction score
I'm just as disgusted with the offense as anyone. But still if not for crappy refs we could've been in a position to win. What if RW hits Tyler Locket and doesn't poop the ball out on the six? We got beat by the best QB ever at one if the hardest places to play by the other best team in the NFC. And they have owned RW for ever. Just a few miracles is all it takes to win besides the 2014 opener. But they aren't the 2021-2013-2014 hawks this fir sure! Remember we sucked in our 2005 opener too.

RussB

Reaction score
This is an all time great defense that has stood the test of time. They are the sole reason hawks even made the playoffs the last few years with the terrible line play. No matter how good they are though they need help from the offense, they bust thier ass and give the offense the ball possession after possession then have to sit down for 2 minutes, watch a 3 and out and do the same thing over again.

i gaurantee a good amount of defensive players are very frustrated with the offense, i know i would be. i cant help but feel like an all time great defense is being wasted

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The rules of the game are stacked against the defense.

Not only is the offense given the benefit of the doubt on almost any close call, but the rules are specifically gamed to create greater QB effectiveness (thanks to Payton and Brady).

So this isn't early 2000 Baltimore or the 1985 Bears.

Go ask the Jets how far a great defense gets you with no offense?

(To be fair, it was ridiculous to try to pencil this team in for the SB anyway. This team has done nothing since Lynch left but win wildcard games. It has not even been competitive in any other playoff games since.)

The offense is noticeably worse this year. I expect the 1 year rental of Richardson is just going to be the trade of a needed 2nd round pick for a 3rd. Still, we had to go all in - the defense is getting older and it is very clear that for a # of reasons Russ won't be able to reach a SB without an all everything defense to lean on.

When this defense goes, that is likely it for some time. But without an offense? Even this defense won't be able to accomplish the near impossible task of pushing this team through to the SB.

Not with this offense, not with this line and certainly not with this offensive coordinator.