Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The end is nigh...

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The end is nigh...
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:01 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:It was one of the most mind-boggling decisions of Pete's career last Tampa game, especially given the fact that they'd lost Britt to injury (or perhaps that's why they did it). Pete knows Wilson can win with the quick passing scheme, but he refuses to stick to it because he wants to be run-first. I'm getting to the point where I'm willing to say that it's simply his pride, and it's hurting the team.

This is everything, right here. He wants to win his way.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:01 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:Of course I'm not happy with Sunday's performance, .

So we agree :)

Siouxhawk wrote: I guess my grounds are that it's not time to panic like many are. We have the ingenuity and talent to correct things as we have in the past. I just look at the big picture. Figured we'd lose 4 on the year and the Packers game is likely one of the toughest scenarios we'll be in during the regular season. Hopefully -- and I'm optimistic -- our offensive line generates some cohesiveness and consistency against the Niners to get a head of steam going and we parlay that into what you're looking for and that's a high level of play week in and week out.

Fair enough. In speaking for me (but I guess for others) the reason for the "panic" is simply because we feel that we have seen the picture before. The relatively good results is keeping the panic at bay but our offense has not clicked for quite some time. It is then frustrating to see the same thing over and over again.

If they changed things up and it didn't work then I would get it. If RW was rolling out and got hammered then oops tried that bad idea, if we were using short quick passing game and it didn't work -darn (it did work last year at times), if we used some traditional screen passes and it didn't work then ok good try

Instead we just keep doing the same thing.....

Optimism for me is different - it means hoping that they change their ways. No matter who "they" are
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:09 am
  • Its not a knee jerk reaction when its being going on for a few years now. Like somebody else said, I didnt even expect to win Sunday, but I expected a lot more from the offense than what I saw. It was a pathetic effort against a just alright defense. Somebody else was correct in saying that beating crummy teams and feeling better about ourselves really isnt fixing the issues. Some want to blame last seasons problems on RW's injuries, but I didnt see much difference in our play Sunday. And to be brutally honest, dare I say, even when Russ ran, he still looked slow to me. I dont put all the blame on Bevell as I think he's a pawn to Pete, but its pretty obvious that Pete's offensive philosophy is stale and doesnt work with our personnel. Thats a huge problem. I'm one of those people that dont like the two and out in the playoffs. Something needs done. Lets face it, the Hawks need HFA in order to go anywhere in the playoffs (sorry but its true). In order to achieve that goal, we cant afford to have a repeat of last season in which we have 4 or so games without a TD and i'm afraid thats where we're headed.
    Last edited by pittpnthrs on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Rookie

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:09 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    mikeak wrote:The problem is that we are playing the 49ers this week

So we score a bunch of points on a horrible team and people will say - see it is all fixed and ignore that we are losing to elite teams and beating crap

This is typical of the rotting culture of some of this fanbase -- actually describing a win as a negative attribute.

You can beat up a ten year old and say you won a fight but would anyone recognize your win as a real accomplishment?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:12 am
  • It's not how you start, it's how you finish. I would think Hawks fans would know this by now
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:12 am
  • OpHawk wrote: We wasted a once in a generation defense.

:34853_doh: C'mon man, we won a Super Bowl with this once in a generation defense.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:18 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:It's not how you start, it's how you finish. I would think Hawks fans would know this by now

That wears a little thin when starting poorly has tangible negative impact and a strong finish can't compensate for it.

Or your All Time Great safety gets broken leg when you're trying to finish strong, that happens.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:24 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:It's not how you start, it's how you finish. I would think Hawks fans would know this by now

http://www.nfl.com/scores/2016/REG17

I would like to congratulate last year's champions

Bengals, Titans, Buccaneers, Steelers, Eagles, Jets, Vikings, Colts (Patriots), Chiefs, Cardinals, Broncos, Giants, Seahawks, Falcons and GB

All winners in week 17 during the 2016-2017 season

Congrats!!!
    :0190l:
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:25 pm
  • the noise....
    OpHawk
    NET Starter

Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:44 pm
  • Hawk_Nation wrote:
    OpHawk wrote:Believe me, I've wished this to happen since 2014 but never thought it was a possibility, until now.

I'm tellin you guys, a couple more games that look like yesterday, and it's all anyone is gonna be talking about. The noise will be too much.

If we have too many more games this year like yesterday, Russ will be hurt and the season will be on life support anyways.

Pete is loyal to his guys, sometimes even to a fault.

Wasn't Holmgren's loyalty as he got older one of his greatest weaknesses also? I

Unless something happens to this team, I do see any different team this year than last as far as playoff
    caliber-80% on the offense of course-

Our "elite" D will be that much older and injured by the time playoffs come due to carrying a crappy offense again and we get bounced when we can score in the redzone.
    gonzhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:50 pm
  • Yep. Same shit different year, except the offense may have actually gotten worse, I'm not sure.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

Previous

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:48 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information