The end is nigh...

OpHawk

Reaction score
I believe the ball is now in motion for a significant shakeup of our offensive coaching structure. What we saw on Sunday appears to be the continuation of the downward spiral that has been this offense for several years running now. Last season this offense failed to score an offensive touchdown in 4 games I can think of. I expect that number to be met or surpassed this season.

We were beat BADLY up front on a few occasions last year (Rams, Bucs) in which rushers were just running through the Oline throughout the game. After a full offseason to improve, that's what happened again yesterday. The danger comes if these types of games continue. The way this is shaping up, I think we're in for quite a few of these types of games this year. And the noise is just gonna become too much....

The offensive football we may have headed our way could be so egregious that noise noise generated by the football world will force the hand of the powers at be. We are gonna have pissed 12's, bewildered local media, and lecturing national media bearing down on this franchise. And the Seahawks will have nothing to say for themselves.

Does this mean Cable is fired? Bevell? Both? Hard to say but some people are gonna be on their way out and it's gonna be happening soon.

Seymour

Reaction score
OpHawk":1xsmru30 said:
I believe the ball is now in motion for a significant shakeup of our offensive coaching structure. What we saw on Sunday appears to be the continuation of the downward spiral that has been this offense for several years running now. Last season this offense failed to score an offensive touchdown in 4 games I can think of. I expect that number to be met or surpassed this season.

We were beat BADLY up front on a few occasions last year (Rams, Bucs) in which rushers were just running through the Oline throughout the game. After a full offseason to improve, that's what happened again yesterday. The danger comes if these types of games continue. The way this is shaping up, I think we're in for quite a few of these types of games this year. And the noise is just gonna become too much....

The offensive football we may have headed our way could be so egregious that noise noise generated by the football world will force the hand of the powers at be. We are gonna have pissed 12's, bewildered local media, and lecturing national media bearing down on this franchise. And the Seahawks will have nothing to say for themselves.

Does this mean Cable is fired? Bevell? Both? Hard to say but some people are gonna be on their way out and it's gonna be happening soon.

I'll play. What makes you so convinced this IS going to happen?

OP
OP
OpHawk

OpHawk

Reaction score
I know it seems far fetched and perhaps it is. But picture what we saw in GB yesterday, two more times before the BYE in week 6. Say @ Tenn and @ LA. Picture Russ getting clobbered on every dropback. Picture Russ injured? You don't think if 3 of our first 5 games looked like yesterday there wouldn't be serious questions as to whether the people responsible are gonna have to pay the piper?

OP
OP
OpHawk

OpHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":14yf2ecc said:
OpHawk":14yf2ecc said:

I'll play. What makes you so convinced this IS going to happen?

I would not say I am convinced. I am not convinced I'm gonna wake up in the morning. The trend, however, leads me to believe this is where we are headed.

NJlargent

Reaction score
This is not happening. It didn't happen after 49 and it is not happening now. We will ride out the wave with PC and crew over the next few years and the rebuild (hopefully) with the new regime. If the Rams get their act together they may take over the division next year.

2_0_6

Reaction score
The only way a shakeup occurs under Pete, is if one of them land a HC job somewhere else. At this rate we might be stuck with them until' Pete retires.

If they name Cable HC when Pete leaves Im going to boycott the team. :irishdrinkers:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
OpHawk":2pakx86s said:

Wishful thinking.
....but I'm right there with you.

Not likely to happen in season however, as much as I wanted it to happen 2 years ago.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NJlargent":ty04mpgm said:
This is not happening. It didn't happen after 49 and it is not happening now. We will ride out the wave with PC and crew over the next few years and the rebuild (hopefully) with the new regime. If the Rams get their act together they may take over the division next year.
Sadly you are probably right. Stuck with an underachieving and underperforming offensive coaching staff as long as Pete is here, unless their actions at the team holiday party piss off Paul Allen (see Jeremy Bates).

OP
OP
OpHawk

OpHawk

Reaction score
Believe me, I've wished this to happen since 2014 but never thought it was a possibility, until now.

I'm tellin you guys, a couple more games that look like yesterday, and it's all anyone is gonna be talking about. The noise will be too much.

2_0_6

Reaction score
OpHawk":migw0omd said:
Believe me, I've wished this to happen since 2014 but never thought it was a possibility, until now.

I'm tellin you guys, a couple more games that look like yesterday, and it's all anyone is gonna be talking about. The noise will be too much.

If we have too many more games this year like yesterday, Russ will be hurt and the season will be on life support anyways.

Pete is loyal to his guys, sometimes even to a fault.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Will believe it when I see it. I would rather Cable go before Bevell if I had to pick between the two.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1z1umt41 said:
NJlargent":1z1umt41 said:
Sadly you are probably right. Stuck with an underachieving and underperforming offensive coaching staff as long as Pete is here, unless their actions at the team holiday party piss off Paul Allen (see Jeremy Bates).

It is a sore subject with me. I was in the camp that immediately wanted Bevell gone the day after 49. It didn't happen and then Lynch gives the finger, Baldwin too and the sherm blowup. Someone needed to go solely to protect the chemistry. Any moron could have won with Lynch and our defense (although Bevell gives our opponents a punchers chance).

Yesterday just sucked. The worst part was watching Lynch look good and run hard. He's happy now. He's on a well coached team that is on the way up and not on one spiraling downward.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Only if Wilson gets injured again.

If we lose Wilson, especially for the season, that would be 2 years we squandered an opportunity with Wilson because of a terrible OL and terrible offensive scheme.

THAT might force the owner's hands and demand a change.

Nothing else will.

Hard to root for an injury, especially for a guy that regardless of his flaws helped bring Seattle the first SB victory. I cannot do it.

But that is the only thing that would lead to that kind of change that is needed.

However, given the recent line play - it isn't entirely unlikely. I don't expect Wilson to last the year under this kind of 'protection'.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Where's the great defender of Bevell?

Maybe he watched the game again. Maybe he saw how little adjustment was made when things weren't working and realizes the O was simply awful yesterday.

Since 2013 the OLine has sucked, early picks or no early picks. There is a problem and there never seems to be an answer.

If the offensive coaching staff can't sort this mess out quickly this season they don't deserve to stay.

Not willing to throws in the towel after one game but that was a sad sack show yesterday as the O onceagainlet the D hang.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, that was a real bad game for the offense. But, it's also week 1.

If this team goes 6-10 or something like that you'll see some major moves. But the reality is we've just struck out on our longshot OL gambles. We've tried to keep our D intact and the side effect is taking chances on the OL.

This team was built to keep the points low and pray for scoring.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
The team plays well this coming Sunday....and this will all simmer down......to continue boiling underneath the surface.

This Offense has a cancer.

OP
OP
OpHawk

OpHawk

Reaction score
God damn what a depressing reality. Just think, if we were to chitcan Bevell and Cable tonight, by the time the new offense got rolling with an adequate Olne, the defense would likely need retooling and our window closed. We wasted a once in a generation defense.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sadly, nobodys going anywhere. Instead we'll continue to squander this opportunity of a talented roster and lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs as usual just to go into next season being fooled into thinking changes will be made to the Oline and offensive philosophy when in truth it will just be the same old continuation from the previous year. I'm not fooled anymore. I realize where this team is headed and its a bummer.