Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Does Coach Kris Richard ever Blitz?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Does Coach Kris Richard ever Blitz?
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:55 pm
  • There were a few key 3rd and longs yesterday when I felt that a safety blitz by Kam or even Garvin off the edge could
    have turned this game in our favor. Coach Richard at times relies too much on zone coverage, plays soft and doesn't put the talent he has in attack mode on 3rd and passing situations to get his guys off the field. You can't just sit back and play soft.
    He does it too many times and it hurts our efforts. My question is why doesn't he blitz more on key downs? I feel that our D-backs will be able to cover while you don't allow Rodgers to sit back there and either run or hit the open man.
    RW92
    NET Rookie

Re: Does Coach Kris Richard ever Blitz?
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:33 pm
  • He picks his moments to blitz. Certain QBs you just don't blitz. He's more likely to dial up a blitz next week.

The defense and coaches made one huge mistake in the game and RW and the OC made another huge mistake in the game and they cost the Hawks 14 points otherwise the defense did an outstanding job on AR and the Packers. The refs made some mistakes along with Avril and Lane that cost the Hawks 10 points. The chance to win the game was there and real despite the play of the OL.

I wouldn't be that smug about that win if I were the Packers.

Back to your question. If it just didn't look like the Hawks were attacking Rodgers yesterday it's because they weren't.

Most of those sacks were coverage sacks. The plan obviously was to squeeze the pocket but contain AR and not give him any weak spots in the defense by gambling. He's an expert at picking apart blitzing defenses.

If these guys stay healthy this is going to be one tough defense this year. I was really impressed by the secondary.

It will be fun for fans when less astute QBs are in the Clink and the occasional Wagner blitz occurs but with that front four I have a feeling the Hawks won't need to blitz to get a lot of sacks.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:37 pm
  • Blitzing is a two sided sword. If it doesn't work, it can lead to bad things.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:43 pm
  • Rodgers is a Surgeon against the Blitz.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:43 pm
  • I think Rogers completes about 99% of what he got on Sunday if the Hawks blitzed every dropback.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:02 pm
  • Seafan wrote:He picks his moments to blitz. Certain QBs you just don't blitz. He's more likely to dial up a blitz next week.

The defense and coaches made one huge mistake in the game and RW and the OC made another huge mistake in the game and they cost the Hawks 14 points otherwise the defense did an outstanding job on AR and the Packers. The refs made some mistakes along with Avril and Lane that cost the Hawks 10 points. The chance to win the game was there and real despite the play of the OL.

I wouldn't be that smug about that win if I were the Packers.

Back to your question. If it just didn't look like the Hawks were attacking Rodgers yesterday it's because they weren't.

Most of those sacks were coverage sacks. The plan obviously was to squeeze the pocket but contain AR and not give him any weak spots in the defense by gambling. He's an expert at picking apart blitzing defenses.

If these guys stay healthy this is going to be one tough defense this year. I was really impressed by the secondary.

It will be fun for fans when less astute QBs are in the Clink and the occasional Wagner blitz occurs but with that front four I have a feeling the Hawks won't need to blitz to get a lot of sacks.

I am not a Richard fan but this post is spot on.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:47 pm
  • You don't blitz Aaron Rodgers.
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:50 pm
  • Really no need to blitz when your four rushers can create pressure by themselves. Luxury of having a great DL. And like most have already said, Rodgers will dissect the blitz.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:08 pm
  • I watched about 1 and a half quarters yesterday and I saw them send Wagner 3 times.

They'll blitz but Richard has a feel for it. I'm not sure if he has certain parameters like down and distance or if he's instinctual.

Either way he has great instincts.

And yea, you have to be careful with Rodgers.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:29 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:You don't blitz Aaron Rodgers.

Did Quinn say that in 2014?
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:06 pm
  • Sorry but Richard is by far not the best DC we've had , which is probably why he hasn't gotten snagged by another team
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Starter

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:13 pm
  • The defense gave up 10 points to a great offense, I hope they don't change a thing.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:49 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information