Earl....

rjdriver

Reaction score
Guys, I've been watching football for about 40 years, and honestly, Earl Thomas is one of the best football players I've ever had the pleasure to watch. I cannot believe that was his first game back from a catastrophic injury. He is a fearless warrior. He had an almost pick that reminded me of the play where he broke his leg. He showed no hesitation.

I encourage you to enjoy him for the few prime years he has left. I believe he goes down as one of the three to five greatest football players in Seahawk history, possible even second behind Jones (whose place is secure at number one IMO)

Foghawk

Reaction score
Nice post! I was pretty amazed at how in tune and in shape he looked. There has been a few seasons where he seemed to need 2 or 3 games to get rolling like he was yesterday. He was fearless out there.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Well-stated and worth reiterating; though I don't think many take Earl for granted. He is truly a rare, special player and we blessed to be able to watch him play for the Hawks.

RussB

Reaction score
I thought he looked great, i made a point to watch him closely. He was as fast as ever and was super quick in reacting to everything. Guy is just a flat out beast.Its like he picked up right where he left off.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
You can't train that kind of instincts into a player, it's either there or it's not........but he's still too short. :mrgreen:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I was relieved to see his closing speed and the wallop he packs are still there.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Looked as fast and as instinctual as ever.

I will always worry how he never sees his target when he comes with the wallop and just lowers his head. He is a toying with a bad neck injury

Boycie

Reaction score
rjdriver":33ogqdm2 said:
Guys, I've been watching football for about 40 years, and honestly, Earl Thomas is one of the best football players I've ever had the pleasure to watch. I cannot believe that was his first game back from a catastrophic injury. He is a fearless warrior. He had an almost pick that reminded me of the play where he broke his leg. He showed no hesitation.

I encourage you to enjoy him for the few prime years he has left. I believe he goes down as one of the three to five greatest football players in Seahawk history, possible even second behind Jones (whose place is secure at number one IMO)

That lick he put on the GB running back was awesome!

vin.couve12

Reaction score
So not unlike an RW topic, I have to point out a truth amongst all the other stuff. Obviously we all know that the defense wasn't the problem Sunday and ET did look surprisingly like himself, but he also had the biggest mistake of the day on D, getting beat over the top in the deep middle for a TD.

Foghawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1tzr0b0a said:
Remember when someone posted that he looked slow? :34853_doh:

:lol:

I also remember reading a report that Lockett would never be the same and needed to be sent to the practice squad.

Nl80O.gif

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. I was shocked how fast he looked. Basically looked exactly the same as he did prior to the injury. Nice surprise there.

Cc5674

Reaction score
Earl is without a doubt the most irreplaceable player the Seahawks have. He is the heart and soul of the team. The Hawks need to get back to the Super Bowl and win it before Earl retires. Another Russell Wilson shows up every few years in the NFL. Look at Prescott in Dallas. A bigger version of Wilson. Players like Earl Thomas are once in a generation. Without Earl their is no Legion of Boom!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Noticed that he looked pretty fast in the preseason and was relieved. Not to mention he brought the wood a couple times yesterday. Looks as good as ever.

Best and most talented player of the PC era.

Smellyman

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1wij1nb1 said:
Remember when someone posted that he looked slow? :34853_doh:

That was our resident body image consultant expert.

His thighs are too big.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
He played with the fire that he lost after the play that shall not be named.

He blew one coverage. I'm not worried. Aaron Rodgers demands perfection from a defense. Thomas was this close to a perfect game which is a hell of a lot better than I hoped for.

Jville

Reaction score
Coaching statements that Earl is in mid season form were certainly verified on Sunday. He looks to be off and on his way to his best season ever.