Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Why not blame Russell Wilson

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:32 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Anthony! wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Wilson also missed some throws. Let's not ignore the fact he was part of the offensive problem. Maybe not the biggest part.. but he wasnt good.


    what throws did he miss that was not do to being hit or hurried?


    He still missed throws good QBs make. Rodgers made several completions while under pressure. It's part of a QBs job. Wilson himself will admit that.


    Rodgers missed a couple too. They all do. I think Wilson is very far down the list as to what is causing our offensive issues. Brady, Brees literally everyone would struggle behind our line. Russell is doing about as well as can be expected.
    User avatar
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6268
    Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:05 pm
    Location: Tri-Cities, Washington


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:47 am
  • austinslater25 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Anthony! wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Wilson also missed some throws. Let's not ignore the fact he was part of the offensive problem. Maybe not the biggest part.. but he wasnt good.


    what throws did he miss that was not do to being hit or hurried?


    He still missed throws good QBs make. Rodgers made several completions while under pressure. It's part of a QBs job. Wilson himself will admit that.


    Rodgers missed a couple too. They all do. I think Wilson is very far down the list as to what is causing our offensive issues. Brady, Brees literally everyone would struggle behind our line. Russell is doing about as well as can be expected.


    If he's doing as well as can be expected than this team is in trouble. Yeah, QBs miss throws. But Wilson can, has, and will need to play better.

    I'm a big fan of his. But he's not really played well consistently since that big run to end the 2015 season. No need for a rundown of mitigating circumstances. He just needs to do better.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12196
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:03 am
  • He gets blamed for plenty, so.......
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6032
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:09 am
  • Wenhawk wrote:I know everyone is on the OL, Bevel, Cabel, and Pete, it just seems like Russ was not on his game. He was pressured a bit but look how man times Rodgers had the ball out of his hands in 2.1 to 2.3 seconds. Why does Russ want to hold it for 3-3.5 seconds. I think his height has something to do with it, I think the play calling has something to do with, but I also think Russ spending all his time with Ciara, visiting the hospitals, hosting award ceremonies, making commercials, building his own clothing line, new brand and new apps he has forgotten what it takes to be elite.

    I hope this is a wake up call for him but right now I'm about as mad at this team as I have been since we lost to the Rams in the playoffs in 2005.


    Not sure why you're so mad at the team. We've lost 8 in a row at GB. Our OL was a work in progress no matter what the coaching staff is trying to sell us (and yes they're selling us). This was a likely loss, and we still looked halfway ok doing it. The Seahawks just shut out Rodgers at home in a 1st half for only the 2nd time in his career. Our defense only gave up 17 to GB at home, and 7 of that was a literal gift, and Rodgers had to pull some trickery to get the other TD. Much improved from last year's game. This is a team we'll see in the playoffs. If we handle our business, it will be at our house, which has been a nightmare for GB (fluky wins and epic collapses).

    Things to be mad about: Wilson gets owned mentally by Capers. They have the book on him.

    Inability or unwillingness to change up play calling, tempo, etc. We know our OL was weak going in, but we still run the same crap and hope it works. We don't play to our strengths and weaknesses but instead try to dominate our will on our opponents no matter what our personnel dictates.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7312
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:16 am
  • MD5eahawks wrote:
    IMG_4426.JPG

    That pretty much says it all.

    LOL, Maybe the guards & Tackles on our Offense should begin the play facing the other way, then they'd have a step or two into the back field on the Defense......Good Lord, that's awful :pukeface:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6034
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:21 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:He gets blamed for plenty, so.......


    But cannot he not be held accountable if he's not playing well?

    Yes, the O-line is garbage. Wilson has not played well of late. Does it help if it's said "Wilson does not play well behind that O-line"
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12196
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:24 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Wilson also missed some throws. Let's not ignore the fact he was part of the offensive problem. Maybe not the biggest part.. but he wasnt good.

    That's why Graham's drop of an easy 1st down looked so ugly...... Not all drops are on the QB.
    Side note here, Rookie Banjo Butt made a sensational catch that didn't show up in the stats, as he was CARRIED out of bounds...That ain't on Russ either.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6034
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:44 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Cute...

    14 completions to 28. 158 yards to 311. So not as many though.

    He struggled. People can admit that without fearing the worst.


    Yes, AND people can admit that Wilson by a wide margin, has the crappier of the two O-Lines to work behind "without fearing the worst" also.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6034
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:47 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:He gets blamed for plenty, so.......


    But cannot he not be held accountable if he's not playing well?

    Yes, the O-line is garbage. Wilson has not played well of late. Does it help if it's said "Wilson does not play well behind that O-line"


    How do you hold RW accountable in any meaningful fashion?

    Do we all get to take a wack at him with our soap wrapped in a towel?
    mrt144
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3175
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:53 am
  • Wenhawk wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:Because he had .7 seconds.

    On run plays the Dline was meeting RW and the RBs at handoff.

    Wenhawk wrote: He was pressured a bit .


    LOL


    I call BS. Rodgers was pressured more than Russ difference is more than half the time the ball was out of his hands almost instantly.


    Not true. Most of the sacks we got were after 10 seconds of Aaron running around and he didn't have to start evading the rush for 5 seconds. Russ was getting dumped on after 2.

    More short, quick passes are needed.

    Beat the drum.
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

    SC
    User avatar
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2679
    Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:29 am


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:58 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Anthony! wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Wilson also missed some throws. Let's not ignore the fact he was part of the offensive problem. Maybe not the biggest part.. but he wasnt good.


    what throws did he miss that was not do to being hit or hurried?


    He still missed throws good QBs make. Rodgers made several completions while under pressure. It's part of a QBs job. Wilson himself will admit that.



    And Wilson made several under pressure and Rodgers missed some. All great QBs miss some but what we saw Sunday form that olein was ridiculous and anyone trying to blame RW either did not watch, or has an agenda period
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3349
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:59 am
  • mrt144 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:He gets blamed for plenty, so.......


    But cannot he not be held accountable if he's not playing well?

    Yes, the O-line is garbage. Wilson has not played well of late. Does it help if it's said "Wilson does not play well behind that O-line"


    How do you hold RW accountable in any meaningful fashion?

    Do we all get to take a wack at him with our soap wrapped in a towel?


    It's an internet message board. Little bit of dialogue that doesn't get hyperbolic responses or disdainful LOLs would be refreshing.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12196
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:59 am
  • I do blame Russell.

    Other than Avril's horrible foul preventing the pick six, Russell had the two worst plays of the game.

    1. Why didn't he just put a little air under the ball to Lockett? That is not a hard throw, especially for a QB that wants to take the next step to "elite." Gotta make that throw. On the difficult throw scale from 1-10, that's a 3 for Russell.

    2. Not protecting the ball on our 5 yard line and getting stripped. Can't happen, it just can't. Curl into the fetal position and take the sack. Hell Russell, you know the drill, this O-line has made you do that 1,000 times now.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11827
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:00 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Cute...

    14 completions to 28. 158 yards to 311. So not as many though.

    He struggled. People can admit that without fearing the worst.


    I am guessing you did not watch the game did you? Yeah I thought not.
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3349
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:00 am
  • Because he was about to be crushed by the defender and had to rush it. But yes he has to make that throw.
    The fumble was yet again on a play where the blockers did squat. But he does have to squeeze that ball tight.
    He was PART of it, but that O Line was absolutely putrid.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6032
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:01 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    austinslater25 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Anthony! wrote:
    what throws did he miss that was not do to being hit or hurried?


    He still missed throws good QBs make. Rodgers made several completions while under pressure. It's part of a QBs job. Wilson himself will admit that.


    Rodgers missed a couple too. They all do. I think Wilson is very far down the list as to what is causing our offensive issues. Brady, Brees literally everyone would struggle behind our line. Russell is doing about as well as can be expected.


    If he's doing as well as can be expected than this team is in trouble. Yeah, QBs miss throws. But Wilson can, has, and will need to play better.

    I'm a big fan of his. But he's not really played well consistently since that big run to end the 2015 season. No need for a rundown of mitigating circumstances. He just needs to do better.


    LOL yeah sure you are, sorry dude you will not find one expert putting this on Wilson.
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: More antagonism removed
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3349
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:02 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:He gets blamed for plenty, so.......


    But cannot he not be held accountable if he's not playing well?

    Yes, the O-line is garbage. Wilson has not played well of late. Does it help if it's said "Wilson does not play well behind that O-line"


    How do you hold RW accountable in any meaningful fashion?

    Do we all get to take a wack at him with our soap wrapped in a towel?


    It's an internet message board. Little bit of dialogue that doesn't get hyperbolic responses or disdainful LOLs would be refreshing.


    I always go for the one or two line killshot.

    But for the coaching staff, how do they hold RW accountable? He isn't getting benched, obviously.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3175
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:02 am
  • And there's your LOL
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12196
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:03 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:He gets blamed for plenty, so.......


    But cannot he not be held accountable if he's not playing well?

    Yes, the O-line is garbage. Wilson has not played well of late. Does it help if it's said "Wilson does not play well behind that O-line"


    Ahh this was the first game of the season he played with 3 injuries last year, and you really want to pile on him., Thanks for showing your true colors. As I said no expert is blaming Wilson
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Removing antagonism
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3349
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:04 am
  • He can play a hell of a lot better. He was rushed all day long, most QB's are going to rush things and/or not feel pressure to get rid of the ball and/or run out of the pocket. He's used to running for his life 24/7, this crap gets really old.
    I suspect he will play much better. They lost as a team.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6032
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:04 am
  • mrt144 wrote:
    I always go for the one or two line killshot.

    But for the coaching staff, how do they hold RW accountable? He isn't getting benched, obviously.


    True, holding him accountable for less than stellar play is difficult. I know there's talk about how to speed up the offense to help him out. Maybe that's the next step, changing the offense a little and see if it gets RW going again.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12196
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:05 am
  • Get the ball out quicker and have receivers run shorter routes. Audible out of shitty play calls. It's not rocket science.

    I think alot of it has to do with coaching, but I also think Wilson has been off for the last year and one game.
    Last edited by NFSeahawks628 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3696
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:07 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:I do blame Russell.

    Other than Avril's horrible foul preventing the pick six, Russell had the two worst plays of the game.

    1. Why didn't he just put a little air under the ball to Lockett? That is not a hard throw, especially for a QB that wants to take the next step to "elite." Gotta make that throw. On the difficult throw scale from 1-10, that's a 3 for Russell.

    2. Not protecting the ball on our 5 yard line and getting stripped. Can't happen, it just can't. Curl into the fetal position and take the sack. Hell Russell, you know the drill, this O-line has made you do that 1,000 times now.


    1. he got hit as he released it or did you not watch the game
    2. I can a little agree but kind of tough when you have 3 guys in your face immediately, not to mention if the oline does itsjob this does not happen,
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Removing that antagonism
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3349
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:08 am
  • This is one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen on this forum. There is no blame on the QB when the running back is being met in the backfield by three players. Carson looked like Beast on Sunday right down to somehow finding a way out of being hit two yards deep. Stop trying to pull blame off where it belong the offensive line and tom cable.
    randomation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1071
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:35 pm


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:08 am
  • NFSeahawks628 wrote:Get the ball out quicker and have receivers run shorter routes. Audible out of shitty play calls. It's not rocket science.


    You don't think teams know that and scheme for that?

    Watch or look at any pics of the good defensive teams we've played for the past 2-3 years. The box is stacked and they're press covering to prevent any sort of quick slant/bubble screen, etc.

    When your O-line sucks as hard as ours sucks, it's easy to scheme against it. You stack the box and press cover cause you know Russell will have no more than 1.5 seconds to get the ball out.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11827
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:08 am
  • Anthony! wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:He gets blamed for plenty, so.......


    But cannot he not be held accountable if he's not playing well?

    Yes, the O-line is garbage. Wilson has not played well of late. Does it help if it's said "Wilson does not play well behind that O-line"


    Ahh this was the first game of the season he played with 3 injuries last year, and you really want to pile on him., Thanks for showing your true colors. As I said no expert is blaming Wilson so that makes this garbage.


    Who is piling on?

    I said "he can play better." How is this showing "true colors?" Are you going to try and be confrontational without regard for other people's opinions in every thread?
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12196
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:09 am
  • StoneCold wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:Because he had .7 seconds.

    On run plays the Dline was meeting RW and the RBs at handoff.

    Wenhawk wrote: He was pressured a bit .


    LOL


    I call BS. Rodgers was pressured more than Russ difference is more than half the time the ball was out of his hands almost instantly.


    Not true. Most of the sacks we got were after 10 seconds of Aaron running around and he didn't have to start evading the rush for 5 seconds. Russ was getting dumped on after 2.

    More short, quick passes are needed.

    Beat the drum.


    Couldn't agree more. Short quick passes, move the pocket at times with roll outs, traditional screens would be nice but we seem to suck at them. We need to do something different.
    User avatar
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6268
    Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:05 pm
    Location: Tri-Cities, Washington


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:10 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Because he was about to be crushed by the defender and had to rush it. But yes he has to make that throw.
    The fumble was yet again on a play where the blockers did squat. But he does have to squeeze that ball tight.
    He was PART of it, but that O Line was absolutely putrid.




    What little blame that can be cast on Rw is so low on the list we should not even be talking about it. I mean the RBs have more blame than Rw, as do the WR/TE. Hence why we are talking about it make no sense. NO one in their right mind starts with the least responsible area, you start with the most which is the OLine.
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: 2nd time for the Hurricane joke.
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3349
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:11 am
  • Maybe some credit should also go to the Packers D and their damn good D coordinator. They were very prepared.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6032
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:12 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Maybe some credit should also go to the Packers D and their damn good D coordinator. They were very prepared.


    I don't think anyone is throwing Wilson to the wolves here. Just some thoughts that maybe he could play better, and some ideas how.

    Pack D may be very improved, and it's no secret they play well against Wilson.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12196
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:13 am
  • download/file.php?id=7416

    https://imgur.com/a/MjDMo - Russ in blue - Brady in red - Rodgers in green

    This was posted on the first page stop being fools this is on the line, this is on Cable. Stop trying to find another issue because there isn't one.
    randomation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1071
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:35 pm


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:14 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:Get the ball out quicker and have receivers run shorter routes. Audible out of shitty play calls. It's not rocket science.


    You don't think teams know that and scheme for that?

    Watch or look at any pics of the good defensive teams we've played for the past 2-3 years. The box is stacked and they're press covering to prevent any sort of quick slant/bubble screen, etc.

    When your O-line sucks as hard as ours sucks, it's easy to scheme against it. You stack the box and press cover cause you know Russell will have no more than 1.5 seconds to get the ball out.


    Defenses can't scheme for audibles, adjust to the defense call the plays that you know are going to beat what the defense is showing.

    I'm not buying the idea that quick throws wouldn't work and most of our receivers can beat 1 on 1 coverage anyway. We don't have Lockette and Kearse anymore.

    An uptempo offense with a mix of passing and running would benefit the team and we would score more, I'm sure of it.
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3696
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:25 am
  • NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:Get the ball out quicker and have receivers run shorter routes. Audible out of shitty play calls. It's not rocket science.


    You don't think teams know that and scheme for that?

    Watch or look at any pics of the good defensive teams we've played for the past 2-3 years. The box is stacked and they're press covering to prevent any sort of quick slant/bubble screen, etc.

    When your O-line sucks as hard as ours sucks, it's easy to scheme against it. You stack the box and press cover cause you know Russell will have no more than 1.5 seconds to get the ball out.


    Defenses can't scheme for audibles, adjust to the defense call the plays that you know are going to beat what the defense is showing.

    I'm not buying the idea that quick throws wouldn't work and most of our receivers can beat 1 on 1 coverage anyway. We don't have Lockette and Kearse anymore.

    An uptempo offense with a mix of passing and running would benefit the team and we would score more, I'm sure of it.


    Since it got deleted along with a bunch of other posts for some reason.

    I agree that would help a lot however it isn't going to happen while Bevell is calling plays. We only get to see Russ's magic as the clock ticks down and he is calling the plays making chunk yardage. It's incredibly frustrating because we absolutely could run our two minutes offense all the time.
    randomation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1071
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:35 pm


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:26 am
  • NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:Get the ball out quicker and have receivers run shorter routes. Audible out of shitty play calls. It's not rocket science.


    You don't think teams know that and scheme for that?

    Watch or look at any pics of the good defensive teams we've played for the past 2-3 years. The box is stacked and they're press covering to prevent any sort of quick slant/bubble screen, etc.

    When your O-line sucks as hard as ours sucks, it's easy to scheme against it. You stack the box and press cover cause you know Russell will have no more than 1.5 seconds to get the ball out.


    Defenses can't scheme for audibles, adjust to the defense call the plays that you know are going to beat what the defense is showing.

    I'm not buying the idea that quick throws wouldn't work and most of our receivers can beat 1 on 1 coverage anyway. We don't have Lockette and Kearse anymore.

    An uptempo offense with a mix of passing and running would benefit the team and we would score more, I'm sure of it.


    Russell does audible now, a LOT. Again, doesn't fix having no time against press coverage.

    GB played the ENTIRE game in nickel and dime coverage to prevent our quick passing attack and screen game. How do you combat that? You Run the damn ball down their 175lb DB's throats.

    But no, our O-line is so bad we couldn't even do that.

    You guys are grasping at straws that don't exist. Pete, Bevell and Russell know everything you're saying, you NEED an O-line and blocking schemes that are at least average to accomplish any success.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11827
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:35 am
  • On the Lockett play, Wilson could not step into the throw and Lockett was grabbed by the DB. Honestly, the throws down the seam to McEvoy and Graham at the end of the first half were worse throws to me than the Lockett one.

    Agree that a fumble cannot happen on the sack. In fairness, he looked like he was protecting the ball. The OL play on that series was incredibly inept and deserves more of the blame. I can also argue that they should have just run it there given how the game was going protection wise and with the D balling out verus GB.
    GO HAWKS!
    User avatar
    JTB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 712
    Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:20 am
    Location: Covington, WA


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:38 am
  • JTB wrote:On the Lockett play, Wilson could not step into the throw and Lockett was grabbed by the DB. Honestly, the throws down the seam to McEvoy and Graham at the end of the first half were worse throws to me than the Lockett one.
    .



    I saw that, he did have a lineman pushed in his face. But again, that's a throw great QB's make. It just is.

    No excuses. On the road against a very good opponent, gotta have that.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11827
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:09 am
  • adeltaY wrote:Okay, I found this on reddit:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/6 ... lation_to/

    Comparing pressure rate with time to throw. The model is that lower time to throw mitigates pressure by getting the ball out before the rush can affect the QB. Thus, the ratio between time to throw and pressure rate ranking should be close to 1.0. This guy compiled the stats from the 2016 regular season and another guy made a graph of them.

    https://imgur.com/a/MjDMo

    I've circled Russ in blue, Tom Brady in red, and Rodgers in green. We can see that Brady's quick release relative to his peers mitigates the pressure he faces, again relative to the other QBs in the league, about exactly as expected. Rodgers holds the ball longer and experiences much less pressure than one would expect, so he's below the trendline. Russ holds the ball barely longer than Brady and experiences pressure at a much higher rate, relatively. So this whole "blame Wilson, Brady and Aaron get the ball out quicker even if their OL are worse, why can't Russ do that?" argument doesn't properly account for RW's circumstances.


    Sorry, but this entire analysis is bogus, because it is based on doing arithmetic on ranks, which is nonsensical. Arithmetic requires real numbers, and ranks are not real numbers. Ranks are just orders; this comes before that, but you don't know by how much. Ranks don't have a zero, and the arithmetic operation of division requires numbers that have a true zero. Division is not defined unless they do. Arithmetic also requires equal intervals, and ranks do not have them.

    Addition and subtraction are defined for numbers on equal interval scales, but multiplication and division are not defined, such as temperature on the Fahrenheit scale. So it is nonsense to divide two Fahrenheit temperatures; 100 degrees is not twice as hot as fifty degrees, and we all get that from our experience.

    Multiplication and division are defined for numbers on equal interval scales with a true zero point, such as temperature on the Kelvin scale. 100 degrees Kelvin is twice as hot as 50 degrees Kelvin.

    Time is a properly scaled variable. Time ranges from zero to infinity, and each second is the same size as another, so arithmetic is defined for time.

    Bottom line: don't even think about doing arithmetic with ranks. Use time instead.
    Netskier
    netskier
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1162
    Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 9:18 pm


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:12 am
  • In case you’re wondering, Seattle is now 1-10 in its last 11 regular season games (dating back to 2014) when trailing by 10+ at any point in the game. So add that little factoid to your debate.
    User avatar
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1276
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:16 am
  • Found a stat I've been looking for. It's not current and would very much like to see game by game stats. RW took the deepest drops on average and there appears to be a correlation to QBs who take shorter drops.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/q ... back-depth

    Need to find updated info not cherry picked by a straight jacket zealot.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3351
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:20 am
  • Taking deeper pass drops has a clear and direct effect on pass blocking. Not to mention why it's needed in the first place.

    Then again, we already know people here argue that geometry is fiction.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3351
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:18 pm
  • Like Ross Perot....not gun do it.

    Not paying pff for 2015 and 2016 stats.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3351
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:26 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:Wilson hasn't been the same QB since he started trying to be a drop back passer.

    He's gone away from what makes the offense as effective as it used to be. Those read zone plays, where he actually ran the ball.. bootlegs.

    I still think he's too short for those quick slants and outs as he just can't find the targets fast enough through those huge linemen.

    He needs to start do what he used to do until he can't do it no more, it's his game and that won't change.


    He hasn't been the same since Marshawn left.
    Biscanebay12
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 24
    Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:56 am


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:29 pm
  • Biscanebay12 wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:Wilson hasn't been the same QB since he started trying to be a drop back passer.

    He's gone away from what makes the offense as effective as it used to be. Those read zone plays, where he actually ran the ball.. bootlegs.

    I still think he's too short for those quick slants and outs as he just can't find the targets fast enough through those huge linemen.

    He needs to start do what he used to do until he can't do it no more, it's his game and that won't change.


    He hasn't been the same since Marshawn left.

    Marshawn made the defense pause and read before trying to get to RW. They had no choice not to respect the running game and it literally bought RW time.

    It's cause and effect and exactly why I've been a broken record about it now for I don't know how long...
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3351
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:34 pm
  • People bringing up family members of players as some sort of negative ingredient always weirds me out. It almost seems like there must be a big feeling of ownership to use that as a fan to critique.
    erik2690
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 266
    Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:56 pm


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:50 pm
  • netskier wrote:Sorry, but this entire analysis is bogus, because it is based on doing arithmetic on ranks, which is nonsensical. Arithmetic requires real numbers, and ranks are not real numbers. Ranks are just orders; this comes before that, but you don't know by how much. Ranks don't have a zero, and the arithmetic operation of division requires numbers that have a true zero. Division is not defined unless they do. Arithmetic also requires equal intervals, and ranks do not have them.

    Addition and subtraction are defined for numbers on equal interval scales, but multiplication and division are not defined, such as temperature on the Fahrenheit scale. So it is nonsense to divide two Fahrenheit temperatures; 100 degrees is not twice as hot as fifty degrees, and we all get that from our experience.

    Multiplication and division are defined for numbers on equal interval scales with a true zero point, such as temperature on the Kelvin scale. 100 degrees Kelvin is twice as hot as 50 degrees Kelvin.

    Time is a properly scaled variable. Time ranges from zero to infinity, and each second is the same size as another, so arithmetic is defined for time.

    Bottom line: don't even think about doing arithmetic with ranks. Use time instead.


    Fair enough, I see what you're saying with regards to the ranks. The point of the graph isn't to do any kind of statistical analysis, it's purely for visualization purposes. I suppose the guy could have done the ratio between pressure % and time to throw, not sure why he chose the ranks, but, again, it doesn't matter for the purpose of this presentation of the data. It is readily apparent that Russ had a much higher pressure % for the time to throw in comparison to many other quarterbacks.
    adeltaY
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 154
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:59 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    JTB wrote:On the Lockett play, Wilson could not step into the throw and Lockett was grabbed by the DB. Honestly, the throws down the seam to McEvoy and Graham at the end of the first half were worse throws to me than the Lockett one.
    .



    I saw that, he did have a lineman pushed in his face. But again, that's a throw great QB's make. It just is.

    No excuses. On the road against a very good opponent, gotta have that.


    I agree with the premise but the grab by the DB affected where Lockett was too and factored into it IMO.

    On the other 2 throws I mentioned, those are on Wilson.
    GO HAWKS!
    User avatar
    JTB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 712
    Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:20 am
    Location: Covington, WA


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:01 pm
  • Biscanebay12 wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:Wilson hasn't been the same QB since he started trying to be a drop back passer.

    He's gone away from what makes the offense as effective as it used to be. Those read zone plays, where he actually ran the ball.. bootlegs.

    I still think he's too short for those quick slants and outs as he just can't find the targets fast enough through those huge linemen.

    He needs to start do what he used to do until he can't do it no more, it's his game and that won't change.


    He hasn't been the same since Marshawn left.


    Wilson was fine without Marshawn in 2015 when Rawls was playing great. They need to establish a good running game for the team to play at their best offensively AND defensively.

    If Carson can continue to develop and Rawls comes back, it will help a lot. Play action doesn't work when you cannot run it.
    GO HAWKS!
    User avatar
    JTB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 712
    Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:20 am
    Location: Covington, WA


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:03 pm
  • I agree Russ needs to play better.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6032
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:35 pm
  • austinslater25 wrote:
    StoneCold wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:Because he had .7 seconds.

    On run plays the Dline was meeting RW and the RBs at handoff.



    LOL


    I call BS. Rodgers was pressured more than Russ difference is more than half the time the ball was out of his hands almost instantly.


    Not true. Most of the sacks we got were after 10 seconds of Aaron running around and he didn't have to start evading the rush for 5 seconds. Russ was getting dumped on after 2.

    More short, quick passes are needed.

    Beat the drum.


    Couldn't agree more. Short quick passes, move the pocket at times with roll outs, traditional screens would be nice but we seem to suck at them. We need to do something different.

    Blocking would be a good start.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    User avatar
    MD5eahawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 335
    Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:10 pm
    Location: Baltimore, Maryland


Re: Why not blame Russell Wilson
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:41 pm
  • JTB wrote:
    Biscanebay12 wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:Wilson hasn't been the same QB since he started trying to be a drop back passer.

    He's gone away from what makes the offense as effective as it used to be. Those read zone plays, where he actually ran the ball.. bootlegs.

    I still think he's too short for those quick slants and outs as he just can't find the targets fast enough through those huge linemen.

    He needs to start do what he used to do until he can't do it no more, it's his game and that won't change.


    He hasn't been the same since Marshawn left.


    Wilson was fine without Marshawn in 2015 when Rawls was playing great. They need to establish a good running game for the team to play at their best offensively AND defensively.

    If Carson can continue to develop and Rawls comes back, it will help a lot. Play action doesn't work when you cannot run it.


    Bingo.

    So listen to me Pete and quit playing Lacy, he ain't gonna work behind this terrible line........unless you like your RB to run sideways and lose three yards every carry.

    Rawls, Carson and Prosise. Rinse and repeat.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11827
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


PreviousNext


It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online