Why not blame Russell Wilson

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I know everyone is on the OL, Bevel, Cabel, and Pete, it just seems like Russ was not on his game. He was pressured a bit but look how man times Rodgers had the ball out of his hands in 2.1 to 2.3 seconds. Why does Russ want to hold it for 3-3.5 seconds. I think his height has something to do with it, I think the play calling has something to do with, but I also think Russ spending all his time with Ciara, visiting the hospitals, hosting award ceremonies, making commercials, building his own clothing line, new brand and new apps he has forgotten what it takes to be elite.

I hope this is a wake up call for him but right now I'm about as mad at this team as I have been since we lost to the Rams in the playoffs in 2005.

evergreen

Reaction score
I'd take rookie Russ over what we have any day.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Because he had .7 seconds.

On run plays the Dline was meeting RW and the RBs at handoff.

Wenhawk":8sh63pcn said:
He was pressured a bit .

LOL

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":3amyvs0m said:

Wenhawk":3amyvs0m said:
He was pressured a bit .

LOL

I call BS. Rodgers was pressured more than Russ difference is more than half the time the ball was out of his hands almost instantly.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Wenhawk":14djw03m said:
I know everyone is on the OL, Bevel, Cabel, and Pete, it just seems like Russ was not on his game. He was pressured a bit but look how man times Rodgers had the ball out of his hands in 2.1 of 2.3 seconds. Why does Russ want to hold it for 3-3.5 seconds. I think his height has something to do with it, I think the play calling has something to do with, but I also think Russ spending all his time with Ciara, visiting the hospitals, hosting award ceremonies, making commercials, building his own clothing line, new brand and new apps he has forgotten what it takes to be elite.

I hope this is a wake up call for him but right now I'm about as made at this team as I have been since we lost to the Rams int he playoffs in 2005.

Okay now for reality,

why doesn't he get the ball out quicker, because you need people open to do it. hard to do if everyone is running long routes.
He was not pressured a bit but nearly all the time, I believe ESPN said he was hit, sacked or pressured on 70% of his drop backs, that is a lot more than some.
As to the rest, a bunch of made up BS with no fact to support it so I will ignore it.

Seymour

Reaction score
Pretty sure Russell is not responsible for the 3 D lineman in the backfield shutting down our running game. He has a share in the matter, but is not helped at all by his coordinator either.

They want to preach ball control to the max, they need to give him time to at least get to his second read, which clearly he could not much of the time. Setup to fail.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Wenhawk":s4c3d59u said:
Smellyman":s4c3d59u said:

Wenhawk":s4c3d59u said:
He was pressured a bit .

LOL

Rodgers was pressured more than Russ.

Quick, someone do a break down of the game and find out if this is true

Anthony!

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1vwanzpo said:
Smellyman":1vwanzpo said:

Wenhawk":1vwanzpo said:
He was pressured a bit .

LOL

I call BS. Rodgers was pressured more than Russ difference is more than half the time the ball was out of his hands almost instantly.

Great you called BS to bad its true

Rodgers was pressured on 57% of his drop backs that means out of 42 attempts he was pressured on 24 of them so he had 18 attempts with protection

Wilson was pressured on 70% so that means out of the 27 attempts he was pressured or worse on 19 which means 8 attempts without pressure or worse

There is your question

The bigger issue should be why is it every expert, every announcer, saw that but you?

Now lets again take the ball out quick again you need Wr on short routes to do that and our OC did not have that or again were you not watching?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Wenhawk":8q56hblg said:
I think his height has something to do with it..

Oh this again... :roll:

What QB that is currently playing right now would do a better job behind this O-line and with this WR group?

Smellyman

Reaction score
There was one blow by Avril on Rodgers. I can't remember any other. Other than that, a very good Seahawk dline had to work their tails off to get the pressure on. GB line held their blocks for as long as possible and gave Rodgers time. A very good LOB helped giving some coverage sacks and pressures.

Hawk oline against a much inferior dline (relative to Seattle) played paddy cake or just simply matador-ed. A legally blind squirrel could see this.

farhat

Reaction score
I believe there is something to this...

Russell is not elite at the line of scrimmage. He rarely fakes the snap and rarely audibles. These are critical abilities in the NFL.

He is not a quick decision maker. He holds the ball too long.

He is not as fast to scramble.

He is not as quick when he decides to scramble.

I still believe in Russell, but I do believe that he is not as obsessed with the game as he is obsessed with himself.

Anthony!

Reaction score
farhat":1t665pc6 said:
I believe there is something to this...

Russell is not elite at the line of scrimmage. He rarely fakes the snap and rarely audibles. These are critical abilities in the NFL.

He is not a quick decision maker. He holds the ball too long.

He is not as fast to scramble.

He is not as quick when he decides to scramble.

I still believe in Russell, but I do believe that he is not as obsessed with the game as he is obsessed with himself.

LOL your entitled to your opinion

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
The stat that would be most telling other than pressure is the release time on throws. If Rodgers had taken one more second per like Russ did I am sure our DL would have had a much higher percentage of pressures.

I'm a big Wilson fan but after all the talk that he is in the best shape of his life and the 5th year is the year you take that next step, I did not see it. Yes I expected him to get it to Doug or Jimmy wide open on not, put the damn ball in their hands.

Could you imagine how much more effective this defense would have been if only we had converted a few more 1st downs. As a $100M QB I expect him to have the ability to make some of his own calls and put his team in position to win.

does everyone here really believe that the last 15 years Manning, Brady, and Rodgers have had an amazing OL? No they get the ball out faster than any other QB's in the game with pinpoint accuracy. Even Rivers has his moments.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":3m7af9c3 said:
There was one blow by Avril on Rodgers. I can't remember any other. Other than that, a very good Seahawk dline had to work their tails off to get the pressure on. GB line held their blocks for as long as possible and gave Rodgers time. A very good LOB helped giving some coverage sacks and pressures.

Hawk oline against a much inferior dline (relative to Seattle) played paddy cake or just simply matador-ed. A legally blind squirrel could see this.

GB had a backup LT and two other 1st year starters. They looked good because of playcalling and QB play.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Brock Huard would be speaking at Manning's funeral if he played behind this Oline.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3ndy4953 said:
Smellyman":3ndy4953 said:

GB had a backup LT and two other 1st year starters. They looked good because of playcalling and QB play.

Seahawks had a backup LT replacing a basketball player and the worst guard in the league was oddly moved to RT. Their LG was a failed LT and their RG was there I guess.

Edit: I should and their center was a terrible RT, moved to LG and terrible, but is their bright spot at center.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Wenhawk":tkqr2hiu said:
The stat that would be most telling other than pressure is the release time on throws. If Rodgers had taken one more second per like Russ did I am sure our DL would have had a much higher percentage of pressures.

I'm a big Wilson fan but after all the talk that he is in the best shape of his life and the 5th year is the year you take that next step, I did not see it. Yes I expected him to get it to Doug or Jimmy wide open on not, put the damn ball in their hands.

Could you imagine how much more effective this defense would have been if only we had converted a few more 1st downs. As a $100M QB I expect him to have the ability to make some of his own calls and put his team in position to win.

does everyone here really believe that the last 15 years Manning, Brady, and Rodgers have had an amazing OL? No they get the ball out faster than any other QB's in the game with pinpoint accuracy. Even Rivers has his moments.

lol funny you should say that

Manning avg pass blocking ranking 16th
Rodger avg pass blocking ranking 14th
Wilson avg pass blocking ranking 28th

That is for their careers

as to the rest dude once again he cant throw it quick if there is no one to throw to, and again how come every expert, every announcer sees it but not you HMMM

As to what you expect well I and every other person who knows anything about football would expect a team to protect its QB but I guess you dont, which says a lot

Latest posts