Every year you all freak out!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Last 5 of 6 years we have scored 12 points or less in a game or lose the game. Always play like crap out of the gate. Why??? Some of it may be we always shuffle the o line, some of it may be we are more willing to play young players, and yes, BEVELL and Cable suck...but they suck and we still win.

Boycie

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1i4lvbv0 said:
Last 5 of 6 years we have scored 12 points or less in a game or lose the game. Always play like crap out of the gate. Why??? Some of it may be we always shuffle the o line, some of it may be we are more willing to play young players, and yes, BEVELL and Cable suck...but they suck and we still win.

All I can say is I hope you are right.

The next bunch of games should be winnable, so hopefully that gives the O-line time to get some cohesiveness together.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's never gonna' change, everyone deals with it their own way. And that's cool, I THINK we all want the same thing. This is no different than many season where they lay an egg in the opener.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Says it all. :lol:

1ee028123706e0578a75a5cf4fdc3150

I'm just greatly concerned about the OL and the possible ramifications to RW's health (remember last seaosn?). I had no problem losing in GB, though I believe there was an opportunity to steal one had the coaching staff anticipated what the OL was bringing to the table. I was so concerned by what I was seeing from the OL I wasn't even getting mad about the questionable calls. If the coaching staff adjusts the offensive game plan / scheme to better suite our current OL situation then I think all will be good, or at least improved on the offensive side. Just cant depend on the OL to hold a block at this time.

The Defense looks dominant!

:irishdrinkers:

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I freak out because we continue to do the same thing on offense, expecting something different.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I've said before that many freak out for some kind of psychological catharsis. I guess it's their way of thinking they are doing their part. It's good for back-and-forth banter on a message board, but that's about the extent of it. I just wonder what these people did when the Hawks were a perennial sub.-.500 team? Likely lots of poor dogs and cats being kicked.

strohmin

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3s3lbb9h said:
I've said before that many freak out for some kind of psychological catharsis. I guess it's their way of thinking they are doing their part. It's good for back-and-forth banter on a message board, but that's about the extent of it. I just wonder what these people did when the Hawks were a perennial sub.-.500 team? Likely lots of poor dogs and cats being kicked.

Back when they sucked, I understood how bad our talent was. However, I don't get why we aren't allowed be frustrated for laying a big fat egg on offense with this much talent on our team? We've had the same coaching staff and QB for years now. If we aren't going to go out and get good experienced Linemen, then at least come up with a friggin game plan that masks their weaknesses until they get better.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm worried about the line, but there's enough talent on this offense to figure out something that'll at least be able to score 14-17 pts per week.

Because from what I saw from our special teams and defense Sunday? Damn, shouldn't need a high powered offense from what I saw out of these two units. Nasty.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
strohmin":2pik08aa said:
Siouxhawk":2pik08aa said:

Back when they sucked, I understood how bad our talent was. However, I don't get why we aren't allowed be frustrated for laying a big fat egg on offense with this much talent on our team? We've had the same coaching staff and QB for years now. If we aren't going to go out and get good experienced Linemen, then at least come up with a friggin game plan that masks their weaknesses until they get better.
And my point is we do pull together a winning gameplan nearly 70 percent of the time. This thread is about people throwing up their hands and panicking on those rare speed bumps. It happens every year as the OP states.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Because Pete refuses to realize that Cable is a complete hack, and this team had dynasty potential and it's being wasted on this idiot.

I wanted championships, not more second round playoff losses.

Jville

Reaction score
September is a traditional month of discontent for teams that build during the season for a championship finish.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3pfbti4h said:

I think it is more about being in denial of the fact that this team is pretty predictable.

Boycie

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3to09ppw said:
strohmin":3to09ppw said:
Siouxhawk":3to09ppw said:

And my point is we do pull together a winning gameplan nearly 70 percent of the time. This thread is about people throwing up their hands and panicking on those rare speed bumps. It happens every year as the OP states.

70% of the time, it works everytime.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This is not a freakout. This is venting of frustration. A freak out would be the start of the 2005 season when the offense had a 5 turnover game week one and people thought the team's offense was going to suck all year. Week one of this season has been a repeat of the same performances from 2016. So people are well within their rights to be very concerned that this team is going to underperform.

Jville

Reaction score
There has been virtually no evidence of catharsis at work for this forum.

We see the same reactionary behavior at the start of every year.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That is an interesting observation by the OP.

I was going to point out that every year, we get to a wildcard game after winning a weak division and then get absolutely shelled/embarrassed by whichever team we play in the next game in the playoffs.

So given it might indeed be Groundhog Day, the good news is we probably win our weak division again* and probably get absolutely destroyed in the very next game by whatever team we face because we cannot score TDs...AGAIN.

And then everyone will complain that our defense that we overused all year missed a few plays in the 4th quarter after being exhausted by an ineffective offense.

Hmmm. I guess we have that to look forward to.

yay.

* PS The Rams own us. So with a one game lead already, and likely 2 losses to them coming...somehow we have to make up that 3 games - that might be interesting as well now that they do not have the worst coach in the league anymore?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
We did beat Carolina 12-7 at home to start the 2013 season. Went 3-3 in 2014. Went to the Super Bowl both years.

I think the idea of projecting the future from the past will only get the answers you want.

However, this O-line will need to be a lot better or the team's future doesn't look much better than the last two years, which is not terrible, but would hope for more.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I didn't realize that "every year" was just considered the last two.

Also, it seems quite pointless to me to be fretting about something 4 months down the road. Yes, I realize about HFA, but this was Game 1 and there's plenty of time to secure that. Some of you people will never be able to enjoy a full season because you're always "freaking out" about the future. But I guess that is your prerogative.
:les:

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
It all comes back to play calling. You have a playbook heavily weighted towards big plays, which are slow to develop, coupled with a weak O-line, and a QB who holds onto the ball for too long = Packers game. The corrective action should have been to call quicker hitting plays as an in game adjustment though the true corrective action should have been this past off season in changing out the play caller and his play book or fixing the O-line. Not so much a player issue as it is matching playbook to player skill set and abilities which is a leadership issue. In short, if we are going to continue to run this style of offense with Mr. Wilson, we need a more stout O-line be it through greater spend on O-line or what have you. Or keep current players and change up the playbook to be more Run-N-Shoot like or even old school west coast offense with slants, curls, backs out of the backfield - quicker hitting plays.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Sorry....by "every year", I meant "Ever Since Lynch Was Lost"

Since Lynch is not coming through the doors any time soon (at least as a Seahawk), I am going to assume the every year designation holds under the results change?

So far, looks to be a steady heap of the same results coming.

Latest posts