Why isn't Pocic starting on the line?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Just curious as to why Pocic isn't starting. I know he's a true rookie but he's gotta be better than what we have in there right?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If the line keeps playing like Sunday? He will be starting.

mistaowen

Reaction score
If he can hold a block for longer than one second he should be starting in no time.

classicaaron

Reaction score
certainly couldn't be worse. they need to at least give him a chance. I swear cable makes all these moves that never makes sense but never seems to make a move that seems legit. I thought it was pretty evident in preseason he should have been a starter.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Why isn't Jon Ryan starting on the line?

Seriously.

Seymour

Reaction score
He is too young and they learned from their mistakes last year.

That can clearly be seen from review of game tape.....right?

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Please god let him start... I can't be worse than the show we saw on Sunday

chris98251

Reaction score
He holds his block too long, makes the other lineman look inadequate and Pete doesn't want a Rookie creating a rift in the Lineman meetings.

White Devil

Reaction score
The starters on the line now, are supposedly the best for what the offense wants to do...run the ball.

They are better at run blocking than pass blocking.

In reality they suck just as bad at run blocking as they do pass blocking.

Here's a thought.

Let's start the guys that can at least do some form of blocking. If that means they end up being better at pass blocking, then let's pass to run.

The problem with the philosophy of the offense as it stands, is that they want to act like there is no issue and each man can and will do their job. There is no adapting the play calls to help the line out. This is the system and they're going to run it, fail or not. This comes from Pete. It's the philosophy of the defense. Next man up. It works for the defense. It does not work fro the offense.

THAT is the same problem for the last 3 years.

THAT is the failure of the OC and Assistant HC

cymatica

Reaction score
If Cable is coaching him up we should see enough regression for him to have finally earned a spot real soon

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
cymatica":2x2c634c said:
If Cable is coaching him up we should see enough regression for him to have finally earned a spot real soon

:2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
White Devil":1lekpds2 said:
The starters on the line now, are supposedly the best for what the offense wants to do...run the ball.

They are better at run blocking than pass blocking.

In reality they suck just as bad at run blocking as they do pass blocking.

Here's a thought.

Let's start the guys that can at least do some form of blocking. If that means they end up being better at pass blocking, then let's pass to run.

The problem with the philosophy of the offense as it stands, is that they want to act like there is no issue and each man can and will do their job. There is no adapting the play calls to help the line out. This is the system and they're going to run it, fail or not. This comes from Pete. It's the philosophy of the defense. Next man up. It works for the defense. It does not work fro the offense.

THAT is the same problem for the last 3 years.

THAT is the failure of the OC and Assistant HC

If what you say is true thats a very very poor way of making a line considering you have to be drafting specifically for run blockers versus pass protectors. I'm not sure Pete wants to go all in on this running the ball idea unless he wants Russell Wilson dead.

Smellyman

Reaction score
chris98251":2ibqnx69 said:
He holds his block too long, makes the other lineman look inadequate and Pete doesn't want a Rookie creating a rift in the Lineman meetings.

Ha!

The way he finishes and plays through the whistle....he'll learn vets don't like the rooks trying hard.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Can we not forget that this coaching staff turned out a pro bowl alt at center last year, brought a d lineman and turned him into a guard that the Bucs wanted, and developed three tackles that have gone on to play on other rosters?

I'm not beating the drum but let's not be too obtuse and cynical

themunn

Reaction score
Well the 5 guys on the line have a lot more experience - either at NFL level in Joeckel's case or with Tom Cable's zone-blocking concepts.

He'll come in an spell guys at a pinch if they get injured and next year presumably be our starting LG.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
He wasn't perfect during the preseason, you know.

That said, I'd like to see him...albeit at LT.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
chris98251":3ebjeqbz said:

I've read your posts about the o-line in every topic and it's clear you don't know anything and have nothing of worthy to contribute. So why bother?

Hawks46

Reaction score
You see him in the last 2 preseason games ?

In game 3, 2nd half he looked like hot garbage. Had 2 or 3 penalties on one drive alone.

He's still learning. Probably doesn't help that he's trying to figure out the NFL and they've had him at 3 different positions so far.