Marcel Reece

Foghawk

Reaction score
Why is he not on the roster yet? Is he not eligible yet for the non-guaranteed contract? Seems like such a no-brainer move to me but what the hell do I know! :lol:

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
The former All-Pro and multi-time Pro Bowler was released two Saturdays ago due presumably to a cost savings measure. As a veteran with more than four years of experience, his veteran minimum salary would have become guaranteed, if he was on the week one 53-man roster.

Instead of eating that cost, the team kept the younger option Tre Madden but he was also seemingly on borrowed time unless he made his presence felt in a big way Sunday. Except the opposite was true, he played a total of five snaps on offense and 12 snaps on special teams.

Meanwhile, his veteran counterpart was training....

.... in the Emerald City.

Follow
Marcel Reece ✔ @CelReece45
Shout out to @Tfordfsp for allowing me to stay right! Best facility in Seattle
9:33 PM - Sep 11, 2017

Now, Reece went to school in Washington but hails from California and while most Seahawks swear by Tracy Ford's training facility; something tells me, it's no coincidence he's stayed in Seattle.

The ink may be drying on his new veteran minimum deal, as we speak.

http://sea.247sports.com/Bolt/Marcel-Re ... -107327660

OP
OP
Foghawk

Foghawk

Reaction score
Thanks KG, maybe I'm just being a little impatient! Sounds like he's ready to rock-n-roll. :2thumbs:

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
I was hoping that we'd keep him too. Glad someone else hasn't claimed him yet. Pete probably told him to sit tight and expect a call back.

netskier

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":vluye9gv said:
The former All-Pro and multi-time Pro Bowler was released two Saturdays ago due presumably to a cost savings measure. As a veteran with more than four years of experience, his veteran minimum salary would have become guaranteed, if he was on the week one 53-man roster.

Instead of eating that cost, the team kept the younger option Tre Madden but he was also seemingly on borrowed time unless he made his presence felt in a big way Sunday. Except the opposite was true, he played a total of five snaps on offense and 12 snaps on special teams.

Meanwhile, his veteran counterpart was training....

.... in the Emerald City.

Follow
Marcel Reece ✔ @CelReece45
Shout out to @Tfordfsp for allowing me to stay right! Best facility in Seattle
9:33 PM - Sep 11, 2017

Now, Reece went to school in Washington but hails from California and while most Seahawks swear by Tracy Ford's training facility; something tells me, it's no coincidence he's stayed in Seattle.

The ink may be drying on his new veteran minimum deal, as we speak.

http://sea.247sports.com/Bolt/Marcel-Re ... -107327660

I expect him to be swapped into the roster any time, because we need stronger backfield blocking right now. When the OL learns to block better and work together effectively, we might see Tre brought back because he is former halfback and good receiver, and might add more offense then. Tre weighs 235. I think Reece weighs about 250.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
We need him. Madden can't block, like all of our backs and TEs . . . and OL.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I was impatient after the second time GB blew through our line as if they weren't there Fog
What a long day
The players will get some experience but I can see we are not going to contend for a SB with this play calling

Seafan

Reaction score
The earliest he could have signed is Tuesday afternoon. Patience, grasshopper.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Colour me surprised that the Hawks are keeping Madden on the roster over Reece for at least another week.

Seymour

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":3240ws78 said:
Colour me surprised that the Hawks are keeping Madden on the roster over Reece for at least another week.

Agree.

Color me surprised

OP
OP
Foghawk

Foghawk

Reaction score
They made some adjustments to the practice squad this afternoon, but none of them involved moving Madden there. So...........................I'm a tad disappointed at the moment.