O-line PFF player grades for week 1

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
These are the PFF player grades after week 1. I wanted to look specifically at the offensive line.

Please do not comment saying you don't like pff, I'm simply posting this for analysis. They generally do a good job and have improved over the years.

C - Justin Britt - Overall: 75.1 (Average) - Pass Block: 42.3 (Awful) - Run Block: 80.9 (Good)
RT - Germain Ifedi - Overall: 44.5 (Awful) - Pass Block: 48.2 (Awful) - Run Block: 37.9 (Awful)
LG - Luke Joeckel - Overall: 42.9 (Awful) - Pass Block: 39.8 (Awful) - Run Block: 45.6 (Awful)
RG - Mark Glowinski - Overall: 36.8 (Awful) - Pass Block: 36.3 (Awful) - Run Block: 38.0 (Awful)
LT - Rees Odhiambo - Overall: 26.3 (Awful) - Pass Block: 26.0 (Awful) - Run Block: 34.6 (Awful)

Germain Ifedi has better number in 1 game than he did over all last year, not sure how much thats saying considering he's still at the bottom of most lists. I didn't notice him during the game which generally indicates he held his own.

Joeckel and Glowinski had bad games. Based on previous pff numbers Joeckel is due the most upside with Glowinski a little under last year's numbers.

Rees Odhiambo was the worst line player ranked among active players for week 1 out of all 32 teams, and the lowest overall grade I've seen since last year.

It should also be noted that Odhiambo was the only one at last for his position the rest of them were pretty mixed.

The entire line outside of Britt last year finished in the 30's for overall average grade for the season.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
BullHawk33":3f8lzm7f said:
So you're saying there is upside... nice!

Mike Daniels was given a 90.9 (Elite) grade in PFF, the only one given out too.

Foghawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3247o6ra said:
BullHawk33":3247o6ra said:
So you're saying there is upside... nice!

Mike Daniels was given a 90.9 (Elite) grade in PFF, the only one given out too.

Then he should take the Seahawks OL out for dinner. :2thumbs:

Seymour

Reaction score
That is exactly what I posted Holmgren said also. The guards and Obi were the biggest problems.

cymatica

Reaction score
Good thing Pete identified the problem(inexperience) and fixed it. I thought it was Cable, but it turns out they just need a couple more years together.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
These grades mostly match what I initially thought.

Once their grade drops into the 20s, they should create a new designation to differentiate it from "awful." Maybe pitiful? Unplayable? Or just use this emoji: :pukeface:

ctrcat

Reaction score
Seymour":1r6102g3 said:
That is exactly what I posted Holmgren said also. The guards and Obi were the biggest problems.

This offseason I brought up the possibility of landing Andrew Norwell from his 2nd round tender-which probably could have been reality and would not have been matched by then GM Dave Gettleman, but no one here nor the real FO seemed interested.

irocdave

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3i1r1oak said:

Once their grade drops into the 20s, they should create a new designation to differentiate it from "awful." Maybe pitiful? Unplayable? Or just use this emoji: :pukeface:
I would nominate this lower rating as the Cable scale. Anything below "awful" but starting.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
irocdave":mul2sz20 said:
hawknation2017":mul2sz20 said:

I would nominate this lower rating as the Cable scale. Anything below "awful" but starting.

Haha, it will be considered. Also apparently the correct pff term is "poor" not "awful", but I digress.