Read Option

getnasty

Reaction score
What happen to it? I know you don't want Russell taking shots but as soon as that went away our offense just hasn't been near as effective. Plus we already leave the DE unblocked at least if you planning on it you'd know what to expect.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
getnasty":145of8dy said:
What happen to it? I know you don't want Russell taking shots but as soon as that went away our offense just hasn't been near as effective. Plus we already leave the DE unblocked at least if you planning on it you'd know what to expect.

Teams learned how to defend it. They set the edges.

Those little flash trends don't last long, like the pistol.

And a huge part of our read option success was Marshawn. Defenses were scared of him so they always flocked to where he went.

Smellyman

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3hgwwrm4 said:
getnasty":3hgwwrm4 said:

Teams learned how to defend it. They set the edges.

Those little flash trends don't last long, like the pistol.

And a huge part of our read option success was Marshawn. Defenses were scared of him so they always flocked to where he went.

That's fine, force the edge guy to hold and not blow up the RB instead. Right now they don't need to honor anything.

I will post for the third time:

What made the running game great was Lynch AND Wilson. Teams couldn't key on either one when running the read option or they'd have huge gains. They opened holes for each other.

The Read option is completely abandoned now.

News flash coaches. The read option doesn't get RW killed (he actually can protect himself running the RO), it is thinking this line can create a pocket for him. That is going to kill him.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
I think it was more then Lynch, I seem to remember Thomas Rawls balling out while Marshawn missed time.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Also, teams just attacked the mesh point blowing up the QB regardless if he handed the ball off.