Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

O-line improvement

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
O-line improvement
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:20 pm
  • Does anyone think he o-line will improve the next few games or are we destined for this the rest of the season. I think they will get better. How much better is to be seen. There was obviously communication issues which seem like a fixable problem. I really don't think these guys are that less athletically inclined than everyone else. Just some time to put it together. I know we hear it every year but like every year I hope and hope. Maybe this year will be the year it actually happens.
    User avatar
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 995
    Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:18 am


Re: O-line improvement
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:28 pm
  • Absolutely.

    Defense is always ahead of the offense early in the year.

    Our Left Tackle went on IR, so we throw in a guy that didn't get time with this line, and it will take 2 or 3 games.

    Sheldon Richardson said it will take him that long to get used playing next to Bennett, Avril, and Reed. And these guys don't need to work as a unit like an O Line does.

    I expect to see Chris Carson and Thomas Rawls tear it up Sunday. Just watch...
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

    http://ivotuk.com/
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 16346
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: O-line improvement
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:34 pm
  • I'm guessing we will see improvement starting this Sunday through week four. I have a feeling though, that I can't shake, that they will stumble noticeably again in week 5. Just a hunch.
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    User avatar
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1335
    Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:43 am
    Location: The Desert


Re: O-line improvement
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:06 pm
  • Have not seen improvement the past 3 years and judging by this first game, do not think anything more than nominal change will happen any time soon. There will be some games that fans will gain hope like the Lions playoff game last season or games that we win were the greatness of our other players overshadow the O-Line's ineptness. The incompetence will still be there.
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3562
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


Re: O-line improvement
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:17 pm
  • Foghawk wrote:I'm guessing we will see improvement starting this Sunday through week four. I have a feeling though, that I can't shake, that they will stumble noticeably again in week 5. Just a hunch.


    Yep.. Improvement will follow level of competition. Then we'll meet Goliath again and we'll turn back into the pumpkin and wake up and realize it just aint happenin' this year. :2thumbs:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2973
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: O-line improvement
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:54 pm
  • It's kind of confusing why they're willing to spend the draft capital/cap room on Richardson as soon as McDowell goes down but not on the OL when Fant get hurt. Tobin is a scrub. Maybe there's just no one available?

    With the Browns seemingly in rebuild mode, you'd think they'd be willing to deal 33 year old Joe Thomas for some high picks.
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 937
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 am


Re: O-line improvement
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:20 pm
  • They need to treat this game like a full go practice and just keep doing stuff till they get it right, on paper we should have them way over matched. Drive block and create lanes etc. The defense can do what it does. But offense needs to abuse these guys like a sparring partner.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22235
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:07 am
  • massari wrote:It's kind of confusing why they're willing to spend the draft capital/cap room on Richardson as soon as McDowell goes down but not on the OL when Fant get hurt. Tobin is a scrub. Maybe there's just no one available?


    I'm more confused on why they keep passing over Olineman in the draft that would be starting right now. I'll never understand that one.
    User avatar
    pittpnthrs
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 285
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:35 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    massari wrote:It's kind of confusing why they're willing to spend the draft capital/cap room on Richardson as soon as McDowell goes down but not on the OL when Fant get hurt. Tobin is a scrub. Maybe there's just no one available?


    I'm more confused on why they keep passing over Olineman in the draft that would be starting right now. I'll never understand that one.


    The Hawks have offensive lineman they have drafted that are starting right now. :179419:
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    User avatar
    Seafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5925
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:30 pm
    Location: Helotes, TX


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:28 am
  • All is not lost but I have a hard time being optimistic about the O-line after that last showing.
    User avatar
    Overseasfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1167
    Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 9:11 am
    Location: The Netherlands


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:49 am
  • We spend more draft capital on OL than any other position group.
    User avatar
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1913
    Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:02 pm


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:20 am
  • CodeWarrior wrote:We spend more draft capital on OL than any other position group.

    So Use it to trade for a proven stud instead of drafting another Ifedi, Glowinski, Odihambo, Poole, Moffitt ect.

    Now that Fant's out for the season, they need to go all out to get someone like Joe Thomas. Something like a 1st+3rd+Obihambo/Tobin for him.

    They gave up a 2nd for Richardson when they lost McDowell, so do the same for the OL. They can trade Graham+Lane (as great as they are) for draft picks to make the cap room and sign FA TE Gary Barnidge to replace Graham.
    Image


    Also bring in free agent G John Greco for a workout

    Image

    While we're at it, bring in DT Desmond Bryant and WR Josh Gordon too. So many Cleveland Browns such little time!

    Image
    Last edited by massari on Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 937
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 am


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:19 am
  • It's not communication on the OL that's the problem (granted it adds to it) . It's individual technique. Barring Britt not a single OL player has it. They are not NFL standard players. The OL is a PATHETIC joke that has gone on for years now. This team is a mess because of it. This is the year where the Cable "the lines really improved, i'm excited" BS ends and he gets sacked along with Bevell. Why ? Because we don't make it to the play offs ! It's that bad. This line is really that bad.
    They can't pick OL line talent. They can't coach the technique into them because the player and the coach don't have the talent in the first place.
    You can't have a great D and QB and at the same time as great OL. BUT you can have a serviceable OL, thats good enough with a coach that can recognise and pick talent.
    We are kidding ourselves If we think we'll win a damn thing with an OL as pathetic as this. This year boys this joke ends.
    idle Eric
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 23
    Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:32 am
    Location: England


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:39 am
  • Is this considered Year 1 or Year 2 for this line -- many of the same faces, but in different positions? If you look at their ages, they're a pretty young bunch. What really is the reasonable timetable for their growth as a unit?
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3617
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:49 am
  • Our LT is not an NFL-quality player. Until that issue is resolved, we will only be as strong as our weakest link. I never thought I would pine for the days of Paul McQuistan as much as I do right now.
    User avatar
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 792
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:44 am


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:07 am
  • The time table for the OL being half serviceable means the window for this team will be well truly closed !
    idle Eric
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 23
    Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:32 am
    Location: England


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:29 am
  • Nope, the window is far from closed.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6668
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:41 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:Is this considered Year 1 or Year 2 for this line -- many of the same faces, but in different positions? If you look at their ages, they're a pretty young bunch. What really is the reasonable timetable for their growth as a unit?


    Sorry but the "need time to gel" card has worn out. We were told this last year then they move everyone around again. If they looked below average then ok, when you display poor technique AND execution, how much better can they get in a few weeks?
    cymatica
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 994
    Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:40 am


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:45 am
  • A lot of people underestimated the Green Bay defense going in. Our OL was made to look pretty bad against Mike Daniels, Quinton Dial, and Nick Perry, because they're actually pretty good.

    It also didn't help that Pete went in playing max protect and thus taking away targets from Russell.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 15872
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:47 am
  • Some of the plays last week where half the line wasn't even able to engage a defender raises some serious questions going forward. GB defense is decent, not great, and spent most of the game in dime. I feel like they will need 8 blockers against the Rams.
    User avatar
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3313
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:58 am
  • I honestly have no idea if they will get better, but history says they will. Based on preseason I expected them to be better than they were, not great, but certainly better than what we saw. The Hawk's have always started slow under Pete. Most of the seasons we've been 500 after the first 4 - 6 games. I am generally optimistic, but they were worse than any Oline I've ever seen and am struggling to see how it improves.
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

    SC
    User avatar
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2798
    Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:29 am


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:05 am
  • My question earlier about timetable for growth is one I'll ask again. Pete just said the breakdown was due primarily to communication issues. So, is that something that can be resolved sooner than later? I'll give the benefit of the doubt because it was Game 1 with the real bullets flying and most are in new positions.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3617
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:36 am
  • Do you really think its communication ? The party line more often than not is a deflection from the truth for team stability reasons - Pete won't call out his players publicly (quite rightly). Pete says it's communication, Cable says there getting better and he's excited etc etc etc ! Technically and physically they are not good enough.
    Maybe just maybe my window being closed for this once in a generation D and QB statement may be wrong.... but my prediction of not making the play offs and sacking the two main Offensive coaches has to be right . Not only that but the new coaches coming in won't have long to turn the mess around before the window has shut for this generation of superstars !
    It's a tragedy that this talent is being wasted. And the Deffence knows it . Hence the underlying unrest between the O and D.
    idle Eric
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 23
    Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:32 am
    Location: England


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:42 am
  • This whole O-line situation reminds me of when somebody is going to tell a joke, and they start by saying "Stop me if you've heard this before."

    Yes, Pete, we've heard it before.



    Ad nauseam.
    Madrid Hawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 110
    Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:00 am


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:03 am
  • idle Eric wrote:Do you really think its communication ? The party line more often than not is a deflection from the truth for team stability reasons - Pete won't call out his players publicly (quite rightly). Pete says it's communication, Cable says there getting better and he's excited etc etc etc ! Technically and physically they are not good enough.
    Maybe just maybe my window being closed for this once in a generation D and QB statement may be wrong.... but my prediction of not making the play offs and sacking the two main Offensive coaches has to be right . Not only that but the new coaches coming in won't have long to turn the mess around before the window has shut for this generation of superstars !
    It's a tragedy that this talent is being wasted. And the Deffence knows it . Hence the underlying unrest between the O and D.

    I guess I would have to know how much miscommunication would play a part in the ZBS breaking down as bad as it did Sunday. There were 1-on-1 matchups where the DL made one bullrush and he was past Joeckel, Obi, etc... How will that be corrected?

    I think it's way too soon to be gauging playoff chances, which are 4 months down the road, or potential coaching changes. We are one of the elite organizations in the game right now and a season-opening loss doesn't change that.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3617
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:23 am
  • Of course you are right on the playoffs angle. They will get better. How much remains to be seen, they couldn't get much worse, but I suppose that is unfortunately possible.

    My concern is that given the demonstrable inability to run block or pass protect there was little adjustment to a new reality of an OLine sieve in terms of the plays called.

    There is a naturally overreaction by fans who bought into the nonsense promoted by Coach Cable that the OLine would be improved upon seeing how awful the OLine was against GB. Never again will I accept that nonsense until the Oline is demonstrably improved.

    That 3 man jail break pass rush with our OLine standing looking lost is a difficult image to quickly forget. The OLine was simply awful and that is being charitable. Wilson not getting hurt was fortunate.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4382
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:34 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:Is this considered Year 1 or Year 2 for this line -- many of the same faces, but in different positions? If you look at their ages, they're a pretty young bunch. What really is the reasonable timetable for their growth as a unit?


    When the beard hits the ground...they have arrived.

    Image
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2973
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:37 am
  • I think Britt has a good head start.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3617
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:39 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:I think Britt has a good head start.


    Nice to see you lighten up a bit! :2thumbs:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2973
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:03 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:Is this considered Year 1 or Year 2 for this line -- many of the same faces, but in different positions? If you look at their ages, they're a pretty young bunch. What really is the reasonable timetable for their growth as a unit?


    When the beard hits the ground...they have arrived.

    Image


    This o-line disaster has created some funny material, can't remember laughing at so many posts in such a short time
    cymatica
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 994
    Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:40 am


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:08 am
  • cymatica wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:Is this considered Year 1 or Year 2 for this line -- many of the same faces, but in different positions? If you look at their ages, they're a pretty young bunch. What really is the reasonable timetable for their growth as a unit?


    When the beard hits the ground...they have arrived.



    This o-line disaster has created some funny material, can't remember laughing at so many posts in such a short time


    Comic relief is all we got at the moment. It is part of the recovery process. :twisted: :2thumbs:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2973
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:26 am
  • So as I remain a faithful Charger , my wife has decided to move on to the Seahawks. Already has a Jersey and a hat we picked up last week coming back down from AK.

    We watched the game this past week and was under the impression the Hawks had a hard time at the LOS during offense as well. Defense looked great but tired out quickly. It was a pretty boring game actually so I couldn't get too into it. That will change once I get into the team.

    I can definitely relate on the O Line. Over the last 3-4 seasons Rivers turns into a turnover machine after 4-5 games in because our O-Line drops like flies. We have no depth.

    If I am going to follow this team I want to get into some of the players I don't hear about in highlights. If you guys might want to help me with any players drafted you are excited about or dependable players that don't get recognition. Any drama currently happening that isn't in national news would be helpful, if any. I am currently going through some threads to see what the consensus is on current issues.
    User avatar
    MooseKnuckleChuck
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 1
    Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:02 am


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:33 am
  • massari wrote:It's kind of confusing why they're willing to spend the draft capital/cap room on Richardson as soon as McDowell goes down but not on the OL when Fant get hurt. Tobin is a scrub. Maybe there's just no one available?

    With the Browns seemingly in rebuild mode, you'd think they'd be willing to deal 33 year old Joe Thomas for some high picks.


    They don't want to bring in any good vets on the online cause then cable will finally get called out for having a terrible system. Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If .NET did not exist I would get so much more work done during the day!
    HawkinNY
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 440
    Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:12 am
    Location: Long Island, NY


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:36 am
  • MooseKnuckleChuck wrote:So as I remain a faithful Charger , my wife has decided to move on to the Seahawks. Already has a Jersey and a hat we picked up last week coming back down from AK.

    We watched the game this past week and was under the impression the Hawks had a hard time at the LOS during offense as well. Defense looked great but tired out quickly. It was a pretty boring game actually so I couldn't get too into it. That will change once I get into the team.

    I can definitely relate on the O Line. Over the last 3-4 seasons Rivers turns into a turnover machine after 4-5 games in because our O-Line drops like flies. We have no depth.

    If I am going to follow this team I want to get into some of the players I don't hear about in highlights. If you guys might want to help me with any players drafted you are excited about or dependable players that don't get recognition. Any drama currently happening that isn't in national news would be helpful, if any. I am currently going through some threads to see what the consensus is on current issues.


    Welcome to the .Net MKC, you picked a fiery week to join. :D

    My youngest brother is a die hard Chargers fan, and he's still hanging in there. We've pounded our chests and complained to each other over our teams for years, he wasn't too happy with their OL play either the other night. Still, they looked a bit better than the Hawks OL.

    Anyways, you should find some good info, links, and knowledge in the various forums.

    :2thumbs:
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    User avatar
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1335
    Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:43 am
    Location: The Desert


Re: O-line improvement
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:35 pm
  • StoneCold wrote:I honestly have no idea if they will get better, but history says they will. Based on preseason I expected them to be better than they were, not great, but certainly better than what we saw. The Hawk's have always started slow under Pete. Most of the seasons we've been 500 after the first 4 - 6 games. I am generally optimistic, but they were worse than any Oline I've ever seen and am struggling to see how it improves.


    Love the post. Here is the thing though and this has been something posted throughout the .NET that is simply not true. The PC era of Seahawk football does not always start of slow.


    2010: First 6 games. 4-2
    2011: First 6 games. 2-4
    2012: First 6 games. 4-2
    2013: First 6 games. 5-1(First 12 games 11-1)
    2014: First 6 games. 3-3
    2015: First 6 games. 2-4
    2016: First 6 games. 4-2

    PC era.
    2 Slow starts the first 6 games
    1 mediocre start the first 6 games.
    3 good starts the first 6 games.
    1 Great start the first 6+ games.

    Saying the PC era always starts off slow is a falsity. I know it is close but IMO "most" would mean a more than a 50% total.
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3562
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


Re: O-line improvement
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:02 am
  • seahawkfreak wrote:
    StoneCold wrote:I honestly have no idea if they will get better, but history says they will. Based on preseason I expected them to be better than they were, not great, but certainly better than what we saw. The Hawk's have always started slow under Pete. Most of the seasons we've been 500 after the first 4 - 6 games. I am generally optimistic, but they were worse than any Oline I've ever seen and am struggling to see how it improves.


    Love the post. Here is the thing though and this has been something posted throughout the .NET that is simply not true. The PC era of Seahawk football does not always start of slow.


    2010: First 6 games. 4-2
    2011: First 6 games. 2-4
    2012: First 6 games. 4-2
    2013: First 6 games. 5-1(First 12 games 11-1)
    2014: First 6 games. 3-3
    2015: First 6 games. 2-4
    2016: First 6 games. 4-2

    PC era.
    2 Slow starts the first 6 games
    1 mediocre start the first 6 games.
    3 good starts the first 6 games.
    1 Great start the first 6+ games.

    Saying the PC era always starts off slow is a falsity. I know it is close but IMO "most" would mean a more than a 50% total.


    It's wound licking revisionism. It allows for the possibility of improvement while keeping the overall integrity of the team intact.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3257
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm


Re: O-line improvement
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:28 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:My question earlier about timetable for growth is one I'll ask again. Pete just said the breakdown was due primarily to communication issues. So, is that something that can be resolved sooner than later? I'll give the benefit of the doubt because it was Game 1 with the real bullets flying and most are in new positions.


    Well according to the Minnesota Vikings, it takes about a month to have a serviceable Oline.
    User avatar
    pittpnthrs
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 285
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am


Re: O-line improvement
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:29 am
  • They were analysing the O-Line performance on NFL this week on the BBC. On one of the plays, one of the Seahawks appeared to be holding open an imaginary door for the opponent to go through to get to Russell Wilson.

    If it gets any worse. Eddie Butler who has inflicted it for years on Rugby and now Football, will start reciting more of his poetry, this time about the Seahwaks O-Line.
    ronnieboycefanclub
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 45
    Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:31 pm


Re: O-line improvement
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:56 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:My question earlier about timetable for growth is one I'll ask again. Pete just said the breakdown was due primarily to communication issues. So, is that something that can be resolved sooner than later? I'll give the benefit of the doubt because it was Game 1 with the real bullets flying and most are in new positions.


    Well according to the Minnesota Vikings, it takes about a month to have a serviceable Oline.

    What are the Vikings basing that on, this year's version of their line? I'm not sure that they are the proper authorities to be doling out that kind of wisdom.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3617
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


Re: O-line improvement
Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:22 pm
  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:My question earlier about timetable for growth is one I'll ask again. Pete just said the breakdown was due primarily to communication issues. So, is that something that can be resolved sooner than later? I'll give the benefit of the doubt because it was Game 1 with the real bullets flying and most are in new positions.


    Well according to the Minnesota Vikings, it takes about a month to have a serviceable Oline.

    What are the Vikings basing that on, this year's version of their line? I'm not sure that they are the proper authorities to be doling out that kind of wisdom.


    Compared to us they are an authority.

    http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/12/vikings-offensive-line-answers-plenty-of-questions-in-opener/
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2973
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: O-line improvement
Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:29 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:My question earlier about timetable for growth is one I'll ask again. Pete just said the breakdown was due primarily to communication issues. So, is that something that can be resolved sooner than later? I'll give the benefit of the doubt because it was Game 1 with the real bullets flying and most are in new positions.


    Well according to the Minnesota Vikings, it takes about a month to have a serviceable Oline.

    What are the Vikings basing that on, this year's version of their line? I'm not sure that they are the proper authorities to be doling out that kind of wisdom.


    Compared to us they are an authority.

    http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/12/vikings-offensive-line-answers-plenty-of-questions-in-opener/

    But they did play the Saints. Let's see how they fare against Pittsburgh on Sunday.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3617
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


Re: O-line improvement
Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:30 pm
  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:My question earlier about timetable for growth is one I'll ask again. Pete just said the breakdown was due primarily to communication issues. So, is that something that can be resolved sooner than later? I'll give the benefit of the doubt because it was Game 1 with the real bullets flying and most are in new positions.


    Well according to the Minnesota Vikings, it takes about a month to have a serviceable Oline.

    What are the Vikings basing that on, this year's version of their line? I'm not sure that they are the proper authorities to be doling out that kind of wisdom.


    They were much better than us. Why is that? Is it a talent issue or coaching issue or both?

    Interesting
    "The Vikings revamped the line after it was ineffective last season and devastated by injuries. Three of the starters are new to the team in Reiff and Remmers, signed as free agents, and Elflein, taken in the third round of the draft. While Easton is starting at a different position, Berger mostly is after having 11 starts last season at center, two at right guard and one at left guard."
    Last edited by pittpnthrs on Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    pittpnthrs
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 285
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am


Re: O-line improvement
Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:31 pm
  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Well according to the Minnesota Vikings, it takes about a month to have a serviceable Oline.

    What are the Vikings basing that on, this year's version of their line? I'm not sure that they are the proper authorities to be doling out that kind of wisdom.


    Compared to us they are an authority.

    http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/12/vikings-offensive-line-answers-plenty-of-questions-in-opener/

    But they did play the Saints. Let's see how they fare against Pittsburgh on Sunday.


    That same Saints defense that smacked us around last year?
    User avatar
    pittpnthrs
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 285
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am


Re: O-line improvement
Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:37 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:What are the Vikings basing that on, this year's version of their line? I'm not sure that they are the proper authorities to be doling out that kind of wisdom.


    Compared to us they are an authority.

    http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/12/vikings-offensive-line-answers-plenty-of-questions-in-opener/

    But they did play the Saints. Let's see how they fare against Pittsburgh on Sunday.


    That same Saints defense that smacked us around last year?


    Exactly... someone gets it.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2973
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: O-line improvement
Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:46 pm
  • We'll see, but I'm not sold on the Vikes' OLine and I really don't see Bradford making it through the year uninjured.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3617
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


Re: O-line improvement
Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:22 pm
  • HOW BAD DOSE IT HAVE TO GET FOR GODS SAKE !!!!!

    And how many years of this OL mess Before the "Believers" wake up and see - This isn't working !
    It's only getting worse. Something needs to change.

    Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

    This will happen during or straight after THIS season. This inept pair of Offensive coaches will be Fired, Things will get that bad due directly to this Line THIS SEASON. Hands will be forced. Loyalty etc etc will go. Shame one more year in the window will also have gone.
    idle Eric
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 23
    Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:32 am
    Location: England


Re: O-line improvement
Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:20 pm
  • Or we'll be poised to make another deep run through the playoffs by season's end. There's nothing to suggest my scenario isn't the most realistic.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3617
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


Re: O-line improvement
Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:55 pm
  • Siouxhawk wrote:Or we'll be poised to make another deep run through the playoffs by season's end. There's nothing to suggest my scenario isn't the most realistic.


    If by deep run you mean get shut down completely in the 2nd round then you are correct.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 994
    Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:40 am


Re: O-line improvement
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:06 pm
  • Siouxhawk wrote:Or we'll be poised to make another deep run through the playoffs by season's end. There's nothing to suggest my scenario isn't the most realistic.



    Sure there is, the O line rankings going back to Petes first season as Coach.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22235
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: O-line improvement
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:30 pm
  • Defenders of Cable and Bevell reminds me of the few fans that remained thinking Willingham and Wulff just need more time to turn it around.
    User avatar
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4144
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:58 pm
    Location: Taipei


Next


It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online