Pete and the Definition of Insanity

Smellyman

Reaction score
wk8_seahawks_dallas_photoblog_24.jpg

chris98251

Reaction score
Tom - This is the Hemorrhoid cream I use, make sure you spell it right, when China ships stuff you don't want the wrong thing up your butt.

Darrell - Yeah that Puffer Fish Ointment might really cause some problems.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Hopefully they are signing their walking papers

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Two of the 3 upper-level coaches with the best winning percentage in team history. So if you don't like the Hawks to win, you don't like these guys.

Vesuve

Reaction score
chris98251":2bcgmrsn said:
Tom - This is the Hemorrhoid cream I use, make sure you spell it right, when China ships stuff you don't want the wrong thing up your butt.

Tom "Everything will be fine, they'll improve as they work more together during the season" Cable.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1pof5s2h said:
Two of the 3 upper-level coaches with the best winning percentage in team history. So if you don't like the Hawks to win, you don't like these guys.

Fry meme trolling or stupid

hawknation2017

Reaction score
I feel bad for Tom Cable. He has been given garbage. We are spending less than 10% of the cap on the line. The options at tackle are slim. He had to turn a power forward into a decent LT on the fly . . . and then he got hurt. We have been left with an embarrassing draft choice who looks physically overmatched. Cable was given a Prius to drive at the Indy 500, and people are calling for the drivers' head.

I shudder to think how much less physical this play calling could become, and how much more they would be forced to rely on finesse and trickery, if Cable was not in Bevell's ear trying to right the ship.

OP
OP
Smellyman

Smellyman

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2atkmqe2 said:

636105299923578088-1610436935_its%20fine.jpg

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":2zvfzt9q said:
Siouxhawk":2zvfzt9q said:

636105299923578088-1610436935_its%20fine.jpg
I don't believe in being a knee-jerk reactionist.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2dgckir3 said:

They should release Russell and sign Tjack.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1be088m9 said:
I feel bad for Tom Cable. He has been given garbage. We are spending less than 10% of the cap on the line. The options at tackle are slim. He had to turn a power forward into a decent LT on the fly . . . and then he got hurt. We have been left with an embarrassing draft choice who looks physically overmatched. Cable was given a Prius to drive at the Indy 500, and people are calling for the drivers' head.

I shudder to think how much less physical this play calling could become, and how much more they would be forced to rely on finesse and trickery, if Cable was not in Bevell's ear trying to right the ship.

I have shown you personally and given links showing he is key in picking the garbage....yet the madness and excuses continue?? I will remember that next time you ask for further information.

That "embarrassing draft choice" was a pickup up by Cable. His words "what I saw was some of the best guard play in the NFL last year" (on Luke Joeckel) :pukeface:

Enough already.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":3vh4rdt7 said:
hawknation2017":3vh4rdt7 said:

I have shown you personally and given links showing he is key in picking the garbage....yet the madness and excuses continue?? I will remember that next time you ask for further information.

That "embarrassing draft choice" was a pickup up by Cable. His words "what I saw was some of the best guard play in the NFL last year". :pukeface:

Enough already.

Cable is a coach; he is not a scout. Being a scout is a full-time job during the season. As GM, Schneider leads the front office in selecting the players in the draft. If Cable is giving bad advice on who to draft, then it is Schneider's job to draft someone else.

I don't think any offensive line coach in NFL history could turn Odhiambo into an adequate LT. And we have very few alternatives, since we chose not to draft players like Cam Robinson and Taylor Moton.

Jville

Reaction score
Amazing, the self identifying insanity of becoming unhinged over that which they don't participate or influence is on full display.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3mfafj3n said:

He is the OFFENSIVE LINE COACH. The offensive line is CONSISTENTLY one of the worst ranked in the entire league. That could very well be the difference between the second round playoff exits we had the last two years and a DYNASTY.

The problem is we have a Cable apologist as HEAD COACH.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Clearly making it up as they go.

Cable - I call this play "Jailbreak"

Bevell - Ok so after all your lineman get knocked down I need Russ to back up 15 yards and then throw a 3 yard dumpoff to Chris.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Pete chose to play max protect against the Packers, and all it did was take targets away from Russell and allow the existing 3 targets to get blanketed by 5 defenders. Whether because of that, an instruction to look for the "big play" again, or both, Wilson ended up holding onto the ball longer, and it put him under pressure. It was the same as Tampa last year - I could tell within one quarter that Pete had reverted to his lust for the chunk play, abandoning the quick-passing game that had beaten the Patriots and Eagles.

Pete is fighting his own worst impulses here. He wants to be run-first and get back-breaking big plays, but we don't have the horses (or at least the right horses aren't starting at the moment).

If he could only swallow his pride and stick with the spread-based pass-first approach we implemented in 2015, which Wilson has proven can work even with Christine Michael at RB, the field would look entirely different. Slants, rubs, etc. Linebackers would be sitting back in zones instead of blitzing recklessly (which is how the Packers got several of their pressures Sunday), and the line would look less molested and perform better as a result.

Instead, Pete insists on a gameplan that magnifies the problems of the OL and places more of the burden on them. It's infuriating.