Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Carries vs the 49ers

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Carries vs the 49ers
Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:29 am
  • Assuming Rawls really is ready to go, what workload do you expect him to get vs the 49ers?

Part of me wants us to just run with Carson to get some continuity, and establish some sense of identity on offence. I feel like Rawls could easily run wild on a poor 49ers rush defence (or worse still, Lacy), then end up in the treatment room four games later and we're back to square one. To get where we want to be we need a strong, reliable run game. Then I think we'll see Wilson stretch the field a bit more and give opposition defences more to think about.

Hope to see Carson as the primary back, with Rawls as change of pace and Prosise on third downs.

Expect to see Rawls as #1, with Lacy and Carson with about 6 carries between them.
    Beren
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Carries vs the 49ers
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:31 am
  • Here's to hoping Rawls lights it up. You know he's fired up to get on the field. And I'd like nothing more than to see him prove people wrong. He's a good back, when he's actually on the field.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:17 am
  • I could see 40 carries against the Niners, with Rawls getting the bulk of those. I like Carson, but his missed route assignment that Brock Huard illustrated is emblematic of the kind of mistakes rookies tend to make. But he'll definitely have a role.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:15 am
  • Sounds like the Niners have a decent run defense. We shall see. Pound that rock all day, give the D a rest.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:21 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:I could see 40 carries against the Niners, with Rawls getting the bulk of those.

I like Carson, but his missed route assignment that Brock Huard illustrated is emblematic of the kind of mistakes rookies tend to make. But he'll definitely have a role.

Whoa! Am I feeling okay? I must be delusional! I agree with Siouxhawk! :irishdrinkers:
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:21 am
  • Rawls is coming off a high ankle. While he's our most senior back, I hope they'll limit his carries a bit. I'm expecting a split of around:
    Carson 10-15
    Rawls 8-10
    Lacy 5-7
    Prosise 0-3
    Wilson 0-3
    jdemps
    NET Veteran

Location: SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of Hawk homerism

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:37 am
  • 49ers front 7 is pretty loaded, shouldn't we be attacking the secondary instead. I can see our receivers/TE having big game next Sunday. We should do some Dink & Dunk to setup the long bomb...
    rcaido
    NET Rookie

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:47 am
  • rcaido wrote:49ers front 7 is pretty loaded, shouldn't we be attacking the secondary instead. I can see our receivers/TE having big game next Sunday. We should do some Dink & Dunk to setup the long bomb...

What about what the oline did vs a pretty bad GB front makes you think we'll have time to attack the secondary?
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:59 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information