Carries vs the 49ers

Beren

Reaction score
Assuming Rawls really is ready to go, what workload do you expect him to get vs the 49ers?

Part of me wants us to just run with Carson to get some continuity, and establish some sense of identity on offence. I feel like Rawls could easily run wild on a poor 49ers rush defence (or worse still, Lacy), then end up in the treatment room four games later and we're back to square one. To get where we want to be we need a strong, reliable run game. Then I think we'll see Wilson stretch the field a bit more and give opposition defences more to think about.

Hope to see Carson as the primary back, with Rawls as change of pace and Prosise on third downs.

Expect to see Rawls as #1, with Lacy and Carson with about 6 carries between them.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Here's to hoping Rawls lights it up. You know he's fired up to get on the field. And I'd like nothing more than to see him prove people wrong. He's a good back, when he's actually on the field.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I could see 40 carries against the Niners, with Rawls getting the bulk of those. I like Carson, but his missed route assignment that Brock Huard illustrated is emblematic of the kind of mistakes rookies tend to make. But he'll definitely have a role.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like the Niners have a decent run defense. We shall see. Pound that rock all day, give the D a rest.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1f1iehuw said:
I could see 40 carries against the Niners, with Rawls getting the bulk of those.

I like Carson, but his missed route assignment that Brock Huard illustrated is emblematic of the kind of mistakes rookies tend to make. But he'll definitely have a role.

Whoa! Am I feeling okay? I must be delusional! I agree with Siouxhawk! :irishdrinkers:

rcaido

Reaction score
49ers front 7 is pretty loaded, shouldn't we be attacking the secondary instead. I can see our receivers/TE having big game next Sunday. We should do some Dink & Dunk to setup the long bomb...

gowazzu02

Reaction score
rcaido":39f64gsi said:
49ers front 7 is pretty loaded, shouldn't we be attacking the secondary instead. I can see our receivers/TE having big game next Sunday. We should do some Dink & Dunk to setup the long bomb...

What about what the oline did vs a pretty bad GB front makes you think we'll have time to attack the secondary?