Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

I hope ESPN keeps this going - The O-Line Calamity Index

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Bet you can pick who is number one.

The Offensive Line Calamity Index highlights NFL teams with the most riding on offensive lines that could be their undoing. In basic terms: otherwise good teams that could be broken by O-line play.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2068 ... uble-front
    Hawkfish
    NET Veteran

• Pretty much what I've been saying all off season, and why the whole Joeckel / Lang / Cable mess chapped my hide......

"Their entire team rides or dies with that line, in terms of how far they go," an evaluator from another team said.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Once Walter Jones comes out of retirement and signs here, our problems will be solved
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• A key quote from the story makes me feel better.

"Howard Mudd, the all-decade lineman from the 1960s who coached the position in the NFL from 1974 until 2012 and has studied Seattle's line (among others) in his current role as a network TV consultant, said he liked this line's potential to grow -- over the course of the season, not overnight. He thinks right tackle Germain Ifedi has the talent to elevate into the top 20 percent among the NFL's 64 starting tackles once he gains experience. He thinks center Justin Britt is already among the top six or seven centers, and he thinks Rees Odhiambo, the emergency starter at left tackle, is already better than Fant was last season.

"Get them at home for a couple games where they can get some continuity and it will help," Mudd said. "You go on the road, you're using a silent count, you haven't been together but a couple weeks, it's tough.
    "
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:Once Walter Jones comes out of retirement and signs here, our problems will be solved

I bet he would be an upgrade over this hot pile of crap that we have now.
    "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
    Ace_Rimmer
    NET Veteran

• sdog1981 wrote:A key quote from the story makes me feel better.

"Howard Mudd, the all-decade lineman from the 1960s who coached the position in the NFL from 1974 until 2012 and has studied Seattle's line (among others) in his current role as a network TV consultant, said he liked this line's potential to grow -- over the course of the season, not overnight. He thinks right tackle Germain Ifedi has the talent to elevate into the top 20 percent among the NFL's 64 starting tackles once he gains experience. He thinks center Justin Britt is already among the top six or seven centers, and he thinks Rees Odhiambo, the emergency starter at left tackle, is already better than Fant was last season.

"Get them at home for a couple games where they can get some continuity and it will help," Mudd said. "You go on the road, you're using a silent count, you haven't been together but a couple weeks, it's tough.
    "

Yea this also makes me feel at ease and to be honest I kinda believe it.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

• NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    Yea this also makes me feel at ease and to be honest I kinda believe it.

Howard Mudd is an awesome line coach. He still lives here in Seattle, my only small worry is that he sees improvement that his coaching could get out of these guys. 4 out of the 5 starters on this line were on the team last season and could have played in the exact same positions for 2 seasons in a row.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:42 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information