I hope ESPN keeps this going - The O-Line Calamity Index

Seymour

Reaction score
Pretty much what I've been saying all off season, and why the whole Joeckel / Lang / Cable mess chapped my hide......

"Their entire team rides or dies with that line, in terms of how far they go," an evaluator from another team said.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Once Walter Jones comes out of retirement and signs here, our problems will be solved

sdog1981

Reaction score
A key quote from the story makes me feel better.

"Howard Mudd, the all-decade lineman from the 1960s who coached the position in the NFL from 1974 until 2012 and has studied Seattle's line (among others) in his current role as a network TV consultant, said he liked this line's potential to grow -- over the course of the season, not overnight. He thinks right tackle Germain Ifedi has the talent to elevate into the top 20 percent among the NFL's 64 starting tackles once he gains experience. He thinks center Justin Britt is already among the top six or seven centers, and he thinks Rees Odhiambo, the emergency starter at left tackle, is already better than Fant was last season.

"Get them at home for a couple games where they can get some continuity and it will help," Mudd said. "You go on the road, you're using a silent count, you haven't been together but a couple weeks, it's tough.
"

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
sdog1981":2zd5rq28 said:
A key quote from the story makes me feel better.

"Howard Mudd, the all-decade lineman from the 1960s who coached the position in the NFL from 1974 until 2012 and has studied Seattle's line (among others) in his current role as a network TV consultant, said he liked this line's potential to grow -- over the course of the season, not overnight. He thinks right tackle Germain Ifedi has the talent to elevate into the top 20 percent among the NFL's 64 starting tackles once he gains experience. He thinks center Justin Britt is already among the top six or seven centers, and he thinks Rees Odhiambo, the emergency starter at left tackle, is already better than Fant was last season.

"Get them at home for a couple games where they can get some continuity and it will help," Mudd said. "You go on the road, you're using a silent count, you haven't been together but a couple weeks, it's tough.
"

Yea this also makes me feel at ease and to be honest I kinda believe it.

sdog1981

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":16irhjr3 said:
Yea this also makes me feel at ease and to be honest I kinda believe it.

Howard Mudd is an awesome line coach. He still lives here in Seattle, my only small worry is that he sees improvement that his coaching could get out of these guys. 4 out of the 5 starters on this line were on the team last season and could have played in the exact same positions for 2 seasons in a row.

Latest posts