Accentuate the positive

mrt144

Reaction score
Sheldon Richardson - looks like a great addition for the D Line.
Chris Carson - got the majority of snaps and had one really good run on a cutback. Made more of the opportunities afforded.
Blair Walsh - 3/3, can't turn that away. Also had several booming kickoffs out of the end zone.
Garvin - sure he didnt get off the field fast enough to avoid the 12 men on the field penalty and he won't be the last that Rodgers gets that way but...he looks like a decent fit at the OLB position given how yoked we are all over defense.
Special Teams - Good punts, good punt coverage, okay returns as well.
Britt - Our best OL is here for a while now.

Seymour

Reaction score
Agree on defense as well. We still need to work at shutting down 3rd and long but the additions have added strength.

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
mikeak":36t9dvwf said:
Ryan deserves his name spelled out. Great punts

By that token, Tyler Ott should get a scoop of praise for his snaps.

kidhawk

Reaction score
RastaHawk12!":egrekto8 said:
Loved special teams too.

This is what popped for me the most. I expected great things from the D and was not let down, but the special teams hasn't been that great recently. That was a very pleasant surprise.

ivotuk

Reaction score
mrt144":10c24kuy said:
mikeak":10c24kuy said:
Ryan deserves his name spelled out. Great punts

By that token, Tyler Ott should get a scoop of praise for his snaps.

Absolutely!! I was all worried about the Long Snapper, and then I forgot about him.

Long Snappers are like children, they should be seen, and not heard. And in actuality. the should be invisible too.

capncrunch

Reaction score
Lovin me some Shaq Griffin. I'd like to see him as a starting cornerback. Feel a pick six coming his way soon. Guys don't block the guys in the back chasing him down the field.

sutz

Reaction score
capncrunch":10dwqhox said:
Lovin me some Shaq Griffin. I'd like to see him as a starting cornerback. Feel a pick six coming his way soon. Guys don't block the guys in the back chasing him down the field.
He did fairly well considering. If he's out there, he'll get the work, with Sherm on the other side. ;)

Hell, he's gotta get out there sooner or later anyway.

DJrmb

Reaction score
The defense for sure was outstanding. There were thoughts they could be as good as 2013 and if nothing more they certainly didn't hurt their chances to be exactly that.

Another positive is that the team seems to be rallying instead of falling apart. KJ was on the radio today saying the defense needs to be better and help the offense get back to the field faster to find a rhythm. This could very easily be different, they could be bickering and mad at the offense for sucking but instead they seem to be up for the challenge of carrying this team (Earl mentioned something similar after the game). That is a positive to me.

Jville

Reaction score
Not only did Griffin Shaquill answer the call, so to did Justin Coleman.

That Coleman trade was a timely fit. Justin was in on half of the defensive snaps and a third of the special teams snaps.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The D will only be improved on Sunday as they have now had another week of working together and Mr. 'invisible foul' Lane will be back. Seems to me that so far Griffin has been a quality adition to the D.

I suspect some intense meetings were held this week by the OLine and responsibilities were made clear to the Matadors. Let's hope they lose their capes this Sunday and lay a get better shellacking on the digits.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Defense and special teams looked all world in week 1, lets be real we haven't seen that since 2013.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I love positive threads like these. I agree with all points. Not everything is gloom and doom.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seymour":2ouygzyw said:
Agree on defense as well. We still need to work at shutting down 3rd and long but the additions have added strength.

I know Carroll brought up the third down issue and sure it would be nice to get off the field faster but they darn near pitched a shutout* so that is pretty darn impressive however it happens.

*Save for gifted points by the offense, one 12 men on the field break down and then the field goal.