Kyle Shanahan Discusses Pete Carroll's Defense

Jville

Reaction score
Good stuff .... they also had execution problems in their first week.

Kyle Shanahan Discusses Challenges of Facing Seahawks Defense >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Kyle-Shanahan-Discusses-Challenges-of-Facing-Seahawks-Defense/9969325f-7df0-4098-8960-ead4d6277373[/urltargetblank]

EDIT: Might as well add 49er conference call with Pete Carroll >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.49ers.com/video/audio/Pete-Carroll-Offers-High-Praise-for-49ers-DC-Robert-Saleh/85beeae6-0ce1-44c0-9de3-ff04ab038cd1[/urltargetblank]

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Execution problems in Week 1 with an almost brand-new offensive line? Be still my heart.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice a little difference in Pete's interaction on the call with the 49ers media? He seemed a little pissy and purposely obtuse to the Seattle media in his presser. The tone felt different with the 49ers media than with the Seattle media...

semiahmoo

Reaction score
DJrmb":34ejb64y said:
Did anyone else notice a little difference in Pete's interaction on the call with the 49ers media? He seemed a little pissy and purposely obtuse to the Seattle media in his presser. The tone felt different with the 49ers media than with the Seattle media...

He knows the team has problems - and it's been festering for more than just the last game.

I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if RW's representation isn't quietly pushing PA for the change.

RW is weak on confrontation but he has himself a little empire now so others can do the face-to-face stuff for him.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
DJrmb":3b1aqxez said:

Just my opinion, but I didn't notice anything pissy. The Bay Area press did have a lot of good depth questions that would be redundant for the Puget Sound press. Good question and answer session. And there were some competitive questions that Pete declined to address for the Bay Area press ...... such as the first 15 scripted offensive plays. LOL

I like to listen in on competitor press conferences thru out a season. They are informative and have a lighter good nature feel to them. They sometimes revisit background information which serves as a helpful reminder of the roots of a football program and what that football program strives for. They are also free from home town hang ups and fan noise.

I think every fan could benefit from listening in on and enjoying conference calls and interviews produced by other local press venues. Helps with balance and perspective.

NINEster

Reaction score
semiahmoo":29kg3hzt said:
DJrmb":29kg3hzt said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if RW's representation isn't quietly pushing PA for the change.

RW is weak on confrontation but he has himself a little empire now so others can do the face-to-face stuff for him.

Biting the hand that feeds (fed) him.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Pete isn't going anywhere and for good reason. Finding a better head coach out there is stupid to even think about.

RCATES

Reaction score
Tusc2000":2hfb7oh3 said:
Pete isn't going anywhere and for good reason. Finding a better head coach out there is stupid to even think about.

I've seen tons of good coaches fired because of their staff. PC is a good coach but his stubbornness to not move on from Bevell and Cable could possibly ruin his legacy here in Seattle. I believe 100% that we would be sitting here with 3 lombardi's in the trophy case along with Lynch still on this team if Pete would have made a move years ago. The offense continue's to be a complete mess.

London12

Reaction score
Damn Shanahan is annoyingly easy to listen to and quite likeable.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
London12":3ku5kr1x said:
Damn Shanahan is annoyingly easy to listen to and quite likeable.

Your right ... likeable, clear and an easy listen. It's a promising restart for the Bay Area.

Others may disagree, but I'm warming up to the notion that Jed York came to admire and bought into Pete Carroll's program during the 2016 campaign. That "I'm In" notion looks to be reflected in the new 49er staff, tone, and scheme. It's a welcome change that paves the way for a healthy, respectful and competitive NFC West.

chris98251

Reaction score
They just need Grill Thermometers in the stands now to know when to flip the fans over.