Pete Carroll 9/13/2017 Press Conference

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm still watching the press conference but I don't like how Pete said they might move Richardson around. I kinda feel like this is a problem with this team, trying to have players do to much instead of what they're good at. He's good at rushing the passer from the inside so let him do that.

chris98251

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1tinyvfx said:
I'm still watching the press conference but I don't like how Pete said they might move Richardson around. I kinda feel like this is a problem with this team, trying to have players do to much instead of what they're good at. He's good at rushing the passer from the inside so let him do that.

I can see it so you can't key on him and create mismatches, Warren Sap or Richard Dent and our own Michael Bennett all benefitted from being able to flip flop and not get double and triple teams as well as when a play is called where ever they shift may create a big issue with their play call.

kidhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":351wfzz6 said:
NFSeahawks628":351wfzz6 said:

I can see it so you can't key on him and create mismatches, Warren Sap or Richard Dent and our own Michael Bennett all benefitted from being able to flip flop and not get double and triple teams as well as when a play is called where ever they shift may create a big issue with their play call.

Agreed, it really just all depend on what exactly is meant by moving around. I don't think moving him to LB would be a good move (unless we were in really dire need). I do think that moving guys around on the line can have many potential benefits as well as rotating guys in and out to keep them fresh.

netskier

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2fhhj8ns said:

I think what he said is that they have no plans to move him around yet. Pete said that they are aware that he has been moved around in the past, and that he is a complete player.

I read elsewhere that Sheldon said he expects it will take him three of four games to learn how to play most effectively at DT with his teammates.

Collapsing the pocket has been our biggest problem for a few years, and he can collapse pocketrs, so why would they even consider moving him elsewhere, and, by implication give the QB a clean pocket.