Injury reports?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Normally this is posted here every week. I scrolled and couldn't find anything. Richard Sherman is hurt?

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Sherman - Hamstring (DNP)
Wright - Ankle (DNP)
Garvin - Shoulder (DNP)
Griffin - Concussion (Limited)
Wilhoite - Calf (Limited)
Rawls - Ankle (Full)
Hill, Delano - Shoulder (Full)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
The Seahawks were back on the practice field Wednesday preparing for their Week 2 game against the San Francisco 49ers at CenturyLink Field, and while running back Thomas Rawls (ankle) was a full participant to start the week, three defensive starters were sidelined.
Strongside linebacker Terence Garvin (shoulder), cornerback Richard Sherman (hamstring), and weakside linebacker K.J. Wright (ankle) were all held out Wednesday. Pete Carroll spoke with the media before Wednesday’s practice, so any updates from the Seattle head coach on the trio’s status will have to wait until Friday, but those names will be a few to keep an eye on as practice reports are released throughout the week.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/09/13 ... -kj-wright

kidhawk

Reaction score
I believe Sherman missed day 1 of practice last week as well. I also recall him looking like he had a minor injury in preseason (not enough to come out of the game though). This may just be a way of helping him get through the weeks better with a minor issue.

Seymour

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1dzg72dh said:
Normally this is posted here every week. I scrolled and couldn't find anything. Richard Sherman is hurt?

Sherman is not hurt. He will be on the injury list often because of the unreported injury last year (Pete foot in mouth) that stirred up crap. This year I think he will be on it for a hangnail.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Griffin concussion thing is worrisome, this is the first I heard about it.
The Niner game might be a great "confidence building" game for him.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Wonder what is happening with Richard Sherman. Apparently his status for Sunday has been changed to Coach's decision. That's what they were saying on ESPN radio (710 ESPN Seattle) this morning. Richard has not missed a game in his career.

DJrmb

Reaction score
hawkfan68":qbaoo7ye said:
Wonder what is happening with Richard Sherman. Apparently his status for Sunday has been changed to Coach's decision. That's what they were saying on ESPN radio (710 ESPN Seattle) this morning. Richard has not missed a game in his career.
I heard this same thing and it sounds like he isn't going to practice yet again (or didn't?). Last year with injury-gate Sherman was still practicing just about every day. This has me a bit concerned. I wonder if Sherman will miss his first game of his career this weekend? If so I hope it's something he can sit for a week or two and come back healthy and not something lingering the whole season. Maybe Pete needs to get him added to the Circle and send him for some Regenokine?

LolaRox

Reaction score
Going back to last week, when Sherm first appeared on the injury report, Pete said 'Sherm felt something that we really want to make sure to look after'.

Yesterday in Kris Richard's press conference he said they are being cautious with him and that Sherm is preparing to play but it will be coach's decision. Later in the same press conference Kris was asked if he had to get to point of considering Sherm not playing how would he adjust, he responded "I'm not even considering that, it's never happened here" (with a grin)

It sounds to me that Sherm has a hammy that they don't want to get worse or linger and are trying to avoid either of those things happening. This is Pete's way of 'looking after' it, he's cautious so they don't have a setback and because hammy are sometimes tricky I don't blame him.

He will probably not practice much while healing, but hopefully play in games.

pmedic920

Reaction score
LolaRox":2jeaer2z said:
He will probably not practice much while healing, but hopefully play in games.

This thought scares me.

I'm no expert but what little I do know about hamstring strains/ injuries, it seems that sitting all week and then expecting the "hammy" to preform at game speed is the last thing that would aid/protect the injury.

IDK, YMMV

Hawks46

Reaction score
DJrmb":3e3swbej said:
hawkfan68":3e3swbej said:
I heard this same thing and it sounds like he isn't going to practice yet again (or didn't?). Last year with injury-gate Sherman was still practicing just about every day. This has me a bit concerned. I wonder if Sherman will miss his first game of his career this weekend? If so I hope it's something he can sit for a week or two and come back healthy and not something lingering the whole season. Maybe Pete needs to get him added to the Circle and send him for some Regenokine?

That procedure doesn't work on hamstrings.

I hope they're just being cautious. Although the 49ers are likely the best team for Sherman to miss a game for. I can't even name their WR's. Like any of them.

LolaRox

Reaction score
I don't know that he is 'sitting' all week, I would guess that he is doing some rehab/training, but just not practicing with the team. Perhaps it's just finding that right balance between getting some work in while also getting the appropriate rest.

pmedic920

Reaction score
LolaRox":29zuasel said:
I don't know that he is 'sitting' all week, I would guess that he is doing some rehab/training, but just not practicing with the team. Perhaps it's just finding that right balance between getting some work in while also getting the appropriate rest.

Didn't intend on putting words in your mouth. 'Teas just a figure of speech.

ivotuk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1jh72zrv said:

They also said that they think the "Coaches decision" comes down to taking care of Sherman during this game, so that he's available for the entire season.

That's one thing that I love about Pete and his staff, they put the player's health first. It's smart. Availability is huge in the NFL, but more accurately, Pete cares. It's who he is, and it's part of his "Win Forever" strategy.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Pete just said that Sherm practiced full today and looked good. They'll check him tomorrow and take it right up to game day.

With the exception of Garvin, everyone else ready to go.

Only 2 players listed on game status list - Garvin Doubtful and Sherm Questionable.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
If there's a week to sit Sherm so he can be healthier the rest of the season, this is it. I'd be pretty comfortable with Lane, Griffin, Coleman and maybe some McDougald since he's played some corner too as our Corner depth for the game. With the niners o-line, I expect them to only have to cover for 2 seconds anyway.

Jville

Reaction score
Thanks hawknation2017 :2thumbs:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/908811011997581312[/tweet]DJy vycV4AAZItQ