To the Chris Carson doubters

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Is there really any legitimate doubt anymore. Many of us recognized an athlete that wasn't just a preseason hero like Pope.

IMHO he should get the start from here on out.

We should open against the Titans with a huge dose of this kid

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Agreed. Rawls time is over. Lacy can go back to the smorgasbord and procise is the change of pace guy

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Our team has 1 million offensive issues. Carson ain't one of them. Great work by the rookie.
Whatever happened to Thomas Rawls? Do RBs becomes old so fast?

Rat

Reaction score
The vast majority of his production occurred late against an exhausted defense that was on the field basically the whole game.

That's not to say he wasn't impressive, but I'm not ready to phase Rawls and Prosise out of the offense either. At the very least, Carson showed why he should be the late game battering ram.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Rat":17qqc7al said:
The vast majority of his production occurred late against an exhausted defense that was on the field basically the whole game.

That's not to say he wasn't impressive, but I'm not ready to phase Rawls and Prosise out of the offense either. At the very least, Carson showed why he should be the late game battering ram.

None of the running was very impressive early on and I don't think for one moment that Rawls could have done what Carson did at the end either. Carson did look good there.

Optimus25

Reaction score
He's the guy no doubt but there needs to a healthy dose of prosise. I'm completely done with rawls personally and I'd prefer to keep lacy around as an insurance policy.

Beren

Reaction score
bigskydoc":34wqxkyx said:
Is there really any legitimate doubt anymore. Many of us recognized an athlete that wasn't just a preseason hero like Pope.

IMHO he should get the start from here on out.

We should open against the Titans with a huge dose of this kid

Amen.

Erebus

Reaction score
Rat":iqzeegm6 said:

Sure it was at the end of the game when the defense was tired, but we've had many games where we can't run in that situation because the defense knows a run is coming. It was refreshing to be able to run out the clock.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Carson looked great,,I don't know why but he reminds me of Curt Warner
Rawls ..Can we trade him for a taller WR ?
Please bring back Reese.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
We need to package Rawls, Lacy, and Graham in a trade for one O-linemen! This offense stinks but I agree with others, Carson needs the start next week. Let's see what he can do for an entire game.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Chris Carson and the Seahawk defense were the only positives in this game. At least that is one more than what was last week.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":5jdcsf2d said:
Who doubted him?

I tend to doubt everyone in preseason. I do hope that doesn't upset anyone.

I'm halfway between OP and Rat. That defense was exhausted and wary of a quarterback whose chains had finally been taken off his knees. However, Carson had a few nice runs during the second and third quarters as well, and tends to hit holes, which Rawls has stopped doing. He showed a chippiness that we've missed and is gold in cutback lanes, which Cable's scheme creates in spades.

I'm all for starting him against Tennessee, to be sure, and I doubt the coaches have anyone else in mind. If Rawls continues his habit of dancing, nobody else is going to take the starter spot away from Carson.

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1uirnkhv said:
Who doubted him?

Hmmm

FlyingGreg":1uirnkhv said:
People never learn around here. Its Pope-itis. Jesse Lumsden Syndrome. On and on...

Key phrase, "pre-season."

Followthelegion":1uirnkhv said:
Carson hype train is officially insane.

I'm sorry, he has looked like a good punishing back in pre season but talk of him being the starter ahead of Rawls is ..... well just baffling.

MontanaHawk05":1uirnkhv said:
I think the Carson hype has finally gone officially nuts. Callin' it now. I hope he lives up to it.

ivotuk":1uirnkhv said:
Are you saying that Carson's play in preseason earned him a starting position on an NFL roster?

Who was that DE that Mora had playing that lit up the preseason? How did his career work out?

And from his biggest defenders

Sgt. Largent":1uirnkhv said:
But which RB has the best chance at success two days from now in a VERY important game? The one who lit it up all month catching blocking and running well, or the one who hasn't played in a month with a high ankle sprain?

Hard to tell me it's not Carson.

chris98251":1uirnkhv said:
I think once Carson gets on the field the staff is going to have a hard time getting him back off, he does everything well, has a lot of Ricky Watters qualities but without the volatile temperament.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1syvtjpl said:
FlyingGreg":1syvtjpl said:
Who doubted him?

Hmmm

FlyingGreg":1syvtjpl said:
People never learn around here. Its Pope-itis. Jesse Lumsden Syndrome. On and on...

Followthelegion":1syvtjpl said:

I'm sorry, he has looked like a good punishing back in pre season but talk of him being the starter ahead of Rawls is ..... well just baffling.

MontanaHawk05":1syvtjpl said:
I think the Carson hype has finally gone officially nuts. Callin' it now. I hope he lives up to it.

ivotuk":1syvtjpl said:
Are you saying that Carson's play in preseason earned him a starting position on an NFL roster?

Who was that DE that Mora had playing that lit up the preseason? How did his career work out?

Sgt. Largent":1syvtjpl said:
But which RB has the best chance at success two days from now in a VERY important game? The one who lit it up all month catching blocking and running well, or the one who hasn't played in a month with a high ankle sprain?

chris98251":1syvtjpl said:
I think once Carson gets on the field the staff is going to have a hard time getting him back off, he does everything well, has a lot of Ricky Watters qualities but without the volatile temperament.
Nice Doc,I like the proof..Eat the Crow gents

sutz

Reaction score
I'll give him a few more games to really prove himself. He definitely had some very Beast-like carries out there today.

He's earned the job, sure, but that doesn't mean I want to fire Rawls or Lacey. Well, maybe Lacey. ;)

HawkGA

Reaction score
The end of the game was just awesome. Where did that come from? Both from Carson but also from the Oline?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1k2rde28 said:
FlyingGreg":1k2rde28 said:
Who doubted him?

Hmmm

FlyingGreg":1k2rde28 said:

Followthelegion":1k2rde28 said:

MontanaHawk05":1k2rde28 said:

ivotuk":1k2rde28 said:

Sgt. Largent":1k2rde28 said:

chris98251":1k2rde28 said:

Damn, good stalking action. Yikes...really?

Too bad pre-season "caution" doesn't equal doubt.